NFL Playoffs

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well, there is that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see another controversy. :snigger

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Calvin Johnson rule, that was the right call. There really isn't a controversy there. It is a stupid rule but it was the right call, got to complete the catch going to the ground

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was a football catch, regardless of what the rule says. But it will hardly matter because Green Bay's lack of talent on offense will make it pretty much impossible for them to beat Seattle.

Little Cobblestone won't be getting too open against 31 and co. in the secondary.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
By nfl rules that was no catch, period. It was a gut-wrenching way to lose for Dallas but people will incorrectly compare this to the Lions game where the zebras clearly screwed Detroit.

As for next week, I agree that GB's chances are slim. Not due to a lack of talent on GB's offense, more just due to playing on the road vs one of the best defenses ever. GB offensive line will have to play amazing to give the Packers a chance.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Darth, I am with Cali on all points, before that dumbass rule a few years ago, that would be a catch all day long. however, I still felt Green Bay would win the game.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree that it's a dumb rule they should get rid of...but by current rules the correct call was made. Dallas would have been up 1 and gone for 2 to make it a 3 point game. I'm confident GB would've at least tied it up but glad we didn't have to find out!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I mentioned it earlier, Dallas had major opportunity to put up a big numbers before the half but didn't So they lost

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
GB missed some opportunities too, snapped one early and Rodgers held onto it too long on the fumble. They probably also lost out on 4 points when that idiot Lang got a personal foul on what would've been 3rd and 1 from the 6. But regardless Rodgers came to life and turned the game around. AR was bad through the first half of the 3rd, I told him through the TV that he needed to put his big boy pants on and it's like he heard me :) GB was the better team and deserved the win, wouldn't have been a contest if Rodgers wasn't hurt...

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
By nfl rules that was no catch, period. It was a gut-wrenching way to lose for Dallas but people will incorrectly compare this to the Lions game where the zebras clearly screwed Detroit.

As for next week, I agree that GB's chances are slim. Not due to a lack of talent on GB's offense, more just due to playing on the road vs one of the best defenses ever. GB offensive line will have to play amazing to give the Packers a chance.

The Packers are severely lacking at the receiver position. Rodgers is good enough to play well against Seattle's defense; I don't believe that his receivers are.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Here is what is needed for the NFL refs for the past few weeks. Especially going back to the Ravens vs 49ers SuperBowl game a few years ago. Sometimes the NFL is like watching the WWF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_y7YEIphts

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I think we will have a consensus on the picks this week.

Indy @ New England - Indy keeps taking another step each year since Luck came into the league. They snuck into the playoffs that year and were beat easily. Then they won a game last year with a big comeback over Kansas City but were routed by New England in the 2nd round. This year they won a playoff game on the road and are now in the AFC title game. I give them a small chance but at the end of the day their defense isn't good enough and I expect Luck to have a rough game. One thing to note though is that Indy's run defense was excellent vs. Denver which could be a big plus vs. New England. The Patriots ran all over them in their regular season meeting. Pats will find a way to win but this one might be another close one.

Green Bay @ Seattle - Like the AFC game this is also a rematch of a one-sided game in the regular season. This was the season opener and it was an easy win for Seattle. They got tons of pressure on Rodgers without blitzing and Lynch ran wild in the 2nd half. The Packers run defense has improved leaps and bounds but Rodgers comes in with the calf injury and this is a game where his lack of mobility could prove huge. Ultimately the key to the game for the Packers is not Rodgers... it is the offensive line. They've been great most of the year and it also should be pointed out that Balaga was knocked out of that game early and his replacement Sherrod was so bad that he was cut after a few games. If GB's line blocks well they will have a decent chance in this game. If Seattle gets tons of pressure there is no hope. The other key is containing Beast Mode. He will get his but they can't have him dominate like he did in the 2nd half of the first game. I think it will be close but there's no logical reason to pick against Seattle when they are at home.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
New England vs Indy..

Sergio Brown is my one of my realitives. I would hope that they would have someone else cover Gronk because he just isnt enough to handle that Monster. That being said, I expect that Brady will take advantage of that potential double coverage and Billy B defense may be too much for the very talented and fearless young Andy Luck. Patriots

Green Bay vs Seattle This should be a good em. I think the Pack will be able to contain Wilson by assigning Matthews as a Spy. I think that Seattle's best offensive option is gonna be Lynch. Advantage Seahawks.

Arod played the second half of the game vs the Cowboys with a warm up calf which allowed his movement to be of a very confident passer. Seattle defensive line is playing very physical again and this will negate the running game of Eddie Lacy. I expect Arod to attack the middle of the field and God help which ever reciever has to go over the middle because pure pain awaits with those linebackers. Arod will have to throw the ball to all parts of the field including Richard Sherman area. edge Seattle

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
As a Seattle phan, I'm scared. They haven't phaced a respectable ophphensive team since way back when they played Dallas in week phive...and they got man-handled. IMO, they must keep Lacey in check iph they want to win.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and iph Byron Maxwell decides to vaj out again not play, then Rodgers will most likely have a phield day.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Seattle getting absolutely punched in the mouth at home. :lolz:

16-0 at the half. I know a game has two halves, but unless they conjure up some spirits in the locker room, I don't see them turning this one around. :nono

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Enjoying Darth's team winning against Seattle... just a few more minutes and the Packers are headed to the Super Bowl. :D

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I agree Nehmeth. I know I didn't originally pick them, but am glad the Legion of Doom is getting theirs today.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Amazing come-back by the super bowl champs, scoring late and now within one score of winning the conference again. Recovered the onside kick and now has the ball.
Green bay needs to stop them here, NOW!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Oh my... That onside kick could haunt the Pack if they don't make a defensive stand.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
:( ... and now it looks as though it's Seattle.

That drive and field goal gave them a reprieve. It's OT.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
DarthFed Other Sports 116
DarthFed Other Sports 242