NFL Playoffs

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
You guys didn't make your Super Bowl picks yet. Will you be a homer AP and take your 49ers ;) Just joking as I do consider San Fran the 2nd favorite in the NFC and whoever takes the NFC will win the Super Bowl IMO. I think this is more wide open then normal as there are 4 teams who could win in the NFC, Seattle, San Fran and then GB and Philly are behind them. Carolina and New Orleans aren't making it IMO. In the AFC the only 3 legit chances are Denver, New England, and then Cincy well behind them. None of the other 3 have a chance.

Easy Darth, there is no waver in my swagger towards the SuperBowl.. 49ers over Denver\Patriots :clap .. BTW.. there is no way in Hades would I sit out in Lambeau Field
to watch that game in those tempatures unless my wife told me "Honey, come and get it:heart:;)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
You guys didn't make your Super Bowl picks yet. Will you be a homer AP and take your 49ers ;) Just joking as I do consider San Fran the 2nd favorite in the NFC and whoever takes the NFC will win the Super Bowl IMO. I think this is more wide open then normal as there are 4 teams who could win in the NFC, Seattle, San Fran and then GB and Philly are behind them. Carolina and New Orleans aren't making it IMO. In the AFC the only 3 legit chances are Denver, New England, and then Cincy well behind them. None of the other 3 have a chance.

Easy Darth, there is no waver in my swagger towards the SuperBowl.. 49ers over Denver\Patriots :clap .. BTW.. there is no way in Hades would I sit out in Lambeau Field
to watch that game in those tempatures unless my wife told me "Honey, come and get it:heart:;)

Yes it would be too cold for me as well. It is shaping up to be the 2nd coldest game in NFL history next to the Ice Bowl and ahead of Green Bay - Giants NFC title game in 2007. 30 under wind chill, I sure hope your boys are ready for some cold fun :clap

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:

I'll make my picks for this weekend and the Bowl tonight Sir Darth.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:

I'll make my picks for this weekend and the Bowl tonight Sir Darth.

Good!

Here are the expert picks: http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

I must say I'm surprised there are that many going for KC, San Diego and New Orleans. GB-SF is the most lopsided game apparently, hopefully they will be proven wrong. When we are talking weather this cold it neutralizes things a bit. I still am taking SF but I'm glad to see that these forecasts are just getting worse.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

Yes it would be too cold for me as well. It is shaping up to be the 2nd coldest game in NFL history next to the Ice Bowl and ahead of Green Bay - Giants NFC title game in 2007. 30 under wind chill, I sure hope your boys are ready for some cold fun :clap

My Niners will be ready, rumor has it that Jimmy H has them practicing in shorts and pads at the university of Michigan :lolz:.. Darth, playing in the cold is just mind of matter.. most of those players have played in frigid weather before. I recall numerous of times living in Chicago when all da Bear fans would talk that crap in the 80's and 90's about the so called Bear weather and the west coast teams like the Niners would still come in and beat the doors off them.. I Will be home in warm in bed but will scream at the first 49er player who acts like a whimp in that sub zero weather:grin:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It's -4 here today and supposed to be sub-zero the entire weekend. I wonder if these temps will make it to Lambeau.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

My Niners will be ready, rumor has it that Jimmy H has them practicing in shorts and pads at the university of Michigan :lolz:.. Darth, playing in the cold is just mind of matter.. most of those players have played in frigid weather before. I recall numerous of times living in Chicago when all da Bear fans would talk that crap in the 80's and 90's about the so called Bear weather and the west coast teams like the Niners would still come in and beat the doors off them.. I Will be home in warm in bed but will scream at the first 49er player who acts like a whimp in that sub zero weather:grin:

It's mind over matter only to a certain point. You are from Chicago so you know that there is a world of difference between your typical 20-30 degree January days and what it's going to be like on Sunday. They are saying the high is now expected to be -6. Some teams handle the weather better than others and I think the 49ers won't be affected THAT much since they are a tough, physical team with a very good rushing attack. You put a team like New Orleans in this weather you can forget about it. GB on the other hand is mostly a soft team but Lacy and a pretty good rushing attack could be huge.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

It's mind over matter only to a certain point. You are from Chicago so you know that there is a world of difference between your typical 20-30 degree January days and what it's going to be like on Sunday. They are saying the high is now expected to be -6. Some teams handle the weather better than others and I think the 49ers won't be affected THAT much since they are a tough, physical team with a very good rushing attack. You put a team like New Orleans in this weather you can forget about it. GB on the other hand is mostly a soft team but Lacy and a pretty good rushing attack could be huge.

Thanks for catching my type Oh.. I meant over not of..

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
It's -4 here today and supposed to be sub-zero the entire weekend. I wonder if these temps will make it to Lambeau.

They will and then some, the high is -6 on Sunday with a wind chill of -30. Monday is worse around here, high of -11 with a wind chill approaching -50

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Wildcard Picks:
KC @ Indy - Colts
San Diego @ Cincy - Bengals
New Orleans @ Philly - NOLA
San Fran @ Green Bay - Frisco

As for the Bowl, I'm taking Broncos over Seattle

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ditto kskate's wildcard picks except I'm going to go with the Packers to beat the Niners. Not picking SB teams yet.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Wildcard games:

Who I want to win...
Colts def. Chiefs
Chargers def. Bengals
Saints def. Eagles
Packers def. 49ers

Who I think will win...
The exact opposite of above.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Wildcard Picks:
KC @ Indy - Colts

I don't know if I've ever seen you pick against "NOLA", are you a closet Saints fan? I see a lot of people taking New Orleans but I'm not sure why, should be crappy conditions and Brees and the Saints are average once they are outside that dome of theirs.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:
Wildcard Picks:
KC @ Indy - Colts

I don't know if I've ever seen you pick against "NOLA", are you a closet Saints fan? I see a lot of people taking New Orleans but I'm not sure why, should be crappy conditions and Brees and the Saints are average once they are outside that dome of theirs.

I have picked against the Saints. Remember back in week x, I picked Pats over Saints when everyone else was on the Saints bandwagon. I was right that time. I then picked against them when they played the Bears and I was wrong that time. So no, not a closet Saints fan. I just think they will play better than Philly today. We shall see, won't we?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:
Wildcard Picks:
KC @ Indy - Colts

I have picked against the Saints. Remember back in week x, I picked Pats over Saints when everyone else was on the Saints bandwagon. I was right that time. I then picked against them when they played the Bears and I was wrong that time. So no, not a closet Saints fan. I just think they will play better than Philly today. We shall see, won't we?

Yes, I won't be their #1 fan today but I will be damn close. I much rather see GB go to Carolina than Seattle if they are fortunate enough to take down the 49ers. Figured you had picked against them once or twice but wasn't sure. You also capitalize NOLA, so I sensed some excitement in the picks, lol.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The forecast is now a high of 3 tomorrow and a low of -18 in Green Bay so not quite as cold as they originally thought but it will be bad nonetheless. Hopefully it will be closer to -18 at kickoff!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:
Wildcard Picks:
KC @ Indy - Colts

Yes, I won't be their #1 fan today but I will be damn close. I much rather see GB go to Carolina than Seattle if they are fortunate enough to take down the 49ers. Figured you had picked against them once or twice but wasn't sure. You also capitalize NOLA, so I sensed some excitement in the picks, lol.
No excitement in the Saints. The NOLA nickname comes from the days when I went to the Bayou Classic every year. I would always say I'm going to NOLA for Thanksgiving weekend.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Colts give up 31 points in the first half! 31 points in one half? No way they're pulling a Brady vs. Broncos comeback. Alex Smith is looking damn good!

Unrelated: My Notre Dame Fighting Irish just beat Duke in basketball. Hopefully my Indiana State Sycamores (alma mater) can beat the Evansville Aces tonight. I live in Evansville, IN and I'm going to the game...Hope to get home before the blizzard hits.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
The forecast is now a high of 3 tomorrow and a low of -18 in Green Bay so not quite as cold as they originally thought but it will be bad nonetheless. Hopefully it will be closer to -18 at kickoff!

Darth, it's gonna be brutal for all the non participants who has to work and services all those foolish people who are going to watch that game, isn't it gonna be cold enough, Have Mercy Dark Lord :emperor:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
DarthFed Other Sports 116
DarthFed Other Sports 98