Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ :laydownlaughing

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
I am critical because I live here and I have to hear all the media hype when the reality is they're just not that good.

Hey KS, I still hear some of those silly Bear fans are blaming Lovie for the loss.. saying that is still Lovie's team.. that's sad .. As for the good man Coach Smith has a new gig in Tampa..I hope that he brings in the right offensive cooridinator to be combine with his stellar defensive philosphy!! I didnt always agree with his coaching tactics but Lovie can only cook with the ingredients that was provided to him by Angelo and the last GM, IMO

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
I am critical because I live here and I have to hear all the media hype when the reality is they're just not that good.

Hey KS, I still hear some of those silly Bear fans are blaming Lovie for the loss.. saying that is still Lovie's team.. that's sad .. As for the good man Coach Smith has a new gig in Tampa..I hope that he brings in the right offensive cooridinator to be combine with his stellar defensive philosphy!! I didnt always agree with his coaching tactics but Lovie can only cook with the ingredients that was provided to him by Angelo and the last GM, IMO

I'm sad he is off the market. If the Packers playoff run ends early for the 3rd straight year I think Capers will finally get the axe and I was hoping they could somehow land Smith as defensive coordinator.

Apparently the Bears signed Cutler to a 7 year monster deal...morons. GB fans everywhere are happy :clap

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:

I'm sad he is off the market. If the Packers playoff run ends early for the 3rd straight year I think Capers will finally get the axe and I was hoping they could somehow land Smith as defensive coordinator.

Apparently the Bears signed Cutler to a 7 year monster deal...morons. GB fans everywhere are happy :clap

I would too if I were a GB fan. Phil Emory is an complete idiot to get in bed with Jay for that long of a contract. The Bears have a point C to C coach in Tressman. He is not an complete upgrade from Lovie and they are gonna have to revamp the defense. thats expensive

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:

I would too if I were a GB fan. Phil Emory is an complete idiot to get in bed with Jay for that long of a contract. The Bears have a point C to C coach in Tressman. He is not an complete upgrade from Lovie and they are gonna have to revamp the defense. thats expensive
The Bears should be prepared to watch the playoffs from their living rooms. W/ Jay at the helm for 7 more years they will continue to miss the playoffs.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:

The Bears should be prepared to watch the playoffs from their living rooms. W/ Jay at the helm for 7 more years they will continue to miss the playoffs.

KS, iJoe Flacco won a SB.. it could happen for Jay too

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:

That was a miracle. But it should be said that Flacco has proven more in those 4 games than Jay ever has. The Bears should also blame Baltimore and Flacco for starting the new trend of grossly overpaying for 2nd/3rd tier qb's. I'm glad Rodgers didn't request twice as much as Flacco and some of these other qb's like Romo, Stafford and now Cutler, he'd be well within his rights to do so!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

That was a miracle. But it should be said that Flacco has proven more in those 4 games than Jay ever has. The Bears should also blame Baltimore and Flacco for starting the new trend of grossly overpaying for 2nd/3rd tier qb's. I'm glad Rodgers didn't request twice as much as Flacco and some of these other qb's like Romo, Stafford and now Cutler, he'd be well within his rights to do so!

Let's face it its AR, Brady, Peyton and Brees.. they are something special . Big Ben is just a notch below.. I like Luck, Wilson, I think RG 3 and Colin K are unique talents but I think the league will figure out the read option.. the rest(Cutler, Rivers, Romo and some of the rest are just shooting at fish in a barrell) IMO.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:

This whole statement is laughable. :lolz: Cutler is not winning a ring, period. :nono

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Let's face it its AR, Brady, Peyton and Brees.. they are something special . Big Ben is just a notch below.. I like Luck, Wilson, I think RG 3 and Colin K are unique talents but I think the league will figure out the read option.. the rest(Cutler, Rivers, Romo and some of the rest are just shooting at fish in a barrell) IMO.

Completely agree though I think Rivers could succeed in the right place. You have the top 4 and then Big Ben, Wilson, Luck, Rivers, Colin K in tier 2 and the others like Romo, Stafford, Cutler, Flacco are tier 3. The tier 3 guys can get hot for a game or 2 usually but it is a major shock when one wins a Super Bowl like Flacco did last year.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

This whole statement is laughable. :lolz: Cutler is not winning a ring, period. :nono

I love how you think! What is your favorite team though? Rex Grossman got to a Super Bowl, Trent Dilfer won a ring so crazy things can happen. But you need an incredible defense if you are to win with a bad qb. The Bears just assured that it will be very difficult for them to get a decent defense in the near future.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It was a perfect storm for the Ravens last year (they had their best defensive player retiring so there was a lot of emotion, Flacco actually performed his best ever in those 4 games and the their opponents donated some poor play in the post season).

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
iJoe Flacco won a SB.. it could happen for Jay too

I love how you think! What is your favorite team though? Rex Grossman got to a Super Bowl, Trent Dilfer won a ring so crazy things can happen. But you need an incredible defense if you are to win with a bad qb. The Bears just assured that it will be very difficult for them to get a decent defense in the near future.
I don't really have a favorite team. I'm usually indifferent, but there are a couple I loathe (New England, Seattle). I know crazy things can happen, but let's be frank, as long as A-Rod is at GB Chicago will not get out of the North let alone make it past Brees, Kaep or Russell in an NFC title game.

Yes, Grossman got to a Bowl, but quickly got schooled by Peyton.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
iJoe Flacco won a SB.. it could happen for Jay too

I don't really have a favorite team. I'm usually indifferent, but there are a couple I loathe (New England, Seattle). I know crazy things can happen, but let's be frank, as long as A-Rod is at GB Chicago will not get out of the North let alone make it past Brees, Kaep or Russell in an NFC title game.

Yes, Grossman got to a Bowl, but quickly got schooled by Peyton.

Two teams I definitely hate too! Just out of curiosity what do you have against Seattle? I think you know what I have against them :mad:

Even with Grossman the Bears should have done better that game. Peyton was awful most of that postseason and did nothing much in that game. Aside from Hester's opening return it seemed like the Bears did nothing all game.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I know you don't like Seattle because of Carroll. While I don't like him either, it's not my only reason for disliking them. I just think their defense is dirty w/ some rough play and they get away w/ a lot of no-calls (similar to Patriots) and they seem to have an arrogance, I can't really explain it exactly.

As for the Bears in the Bowl, I think they were struck by the occasion.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
I know you don't like Seattle because of Carroll. While I don't like him either, it's not my only reason for disliking them. I just think their defense is dirty w/ some rough play and they get away w/ a lot of no-calls (similar to Patriots) and they seem to have an arrogance, I can't really explain it exactly.

Carroll is just part of it, he is a classless scum. And yes, much of that team is, seems half of them are juiced up too but Petey wouldn't give a damn about that.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:

Carroll is just part of it, he is a classless scum. And yes, much of that team is, seems half of them are juiced up too but Petey wouldn't give a damn about that.

KS and Darth .. I like the way your football minds think..

the superbaowl that Indy won, that was my one problem with Lovie.. he should have pulled Rex and went to Kyle.. Peyton had very avg play in that game and lets face it he really didnt have much to do to school to get pass Rex..

Not big on Pete Carroll either.. nuff said

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

Hey.. You have to leave em :lolz::laydownlaughing.. I was only kidding but I never thought that for the Ravens would win a SB like his predessor did but with these set of official, the "fix" was in last year for the Ravens and it could happen for others

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
You guys didn't make your Super Bowl picks yet. Will you be a homer AP and take your 49ers ;) Just joking as I do consider San Fran the 2nd favorite in the NFC and whoever takes the NFC will win the Super Bowl IMO. I think this is more wide open than normal as there are 4 teams who could win in the NFC, Seattle, San Fran and then GB and Philly are behind them. Carolina and New Orleans aren't making it IMO. In the AFC the only 3 legit chances are Denver, New England, and then Cincy well behind them. None of the other 3 have a chance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
DarthFed Other Sports 116
DarthFed Other Sports 98