NFL Playoffs

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Because he doesn't have any class, he can't seem to separate Twitter from reality. Whatever was said on Twitter should have stayed on Twitter. All he had to do was play his game and keep his mouth shut. Then after the game, he could go back to twitter and brag to his heart's content. Just a tool.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Because he doesn't have any class, he can't seem to separate Twitter from reality. Whatever was said on Twitter should have stayed on Twitter. All he had to do was play his game and keep his mouth shut. Then after the game, he could go back to twitter and brag to his heart's content. Just a tool.

I disagree, if someone is showing disrespect then it is fair game to give it back double. That's what being a true competitor is about. There is no turning the cheek in this world, especially on an NFL field. But simply it should have been said in press conferences or on Twitter. Right after the game why not talk about how you and your team are going to the Super Bowl. Instead he made it all about himself vs. the "sorry" receiver.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:

Football is the one game that everyone eventually gets "humbled"..

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I was probably the one person who wasn't too offended with what Sherman did. Not saying it was perfect behavior, but it's fine.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
IMO there's a right way and a wrong way to do everything. That was clearly not the right way. That's all I have to say.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
IMO there's a right way and a wrong way to do everything. That was clearly not the right way. That's all I have to say.

I agree, but I don't think it warranted an apology. He didn't use profanity or anything (as far as I can recall).

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Calling someone a sorry receiver and yelling like a maniac is generally disrespectful. The question is whether or not Crabtree had it coming and that seems like the case. But again the only problem I have is the timing.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Crabtree might've had it coming. I'm not disputing that. But to go on a rant like that on national TV? The look on Erin Andrews face was priceless like those Mastercard commercials.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I like Denver, but not a fan of Peyton.

I like the Seahawks, but not a fan of Pete Carroll.

The "Bishop factor" got me. Go Broncos.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
kskate2 said:

I agree, but I don't think it warranted an apology. He didn't use profanity or anything (as far as I can recall).

Agreed. I have seen Gilles Simon and Richard Gasquet do the exact same thing before, and they never apologized.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Crabtree might've had it coming. I'm not disputing that. But to go on a rant like that on national TV? The look on Erin Andrews face was priceless like those Mastercard commercials.

Maybe it was Richard Sherman's bad breathe that produce that look on the face.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:

Maybe it was Richard Sherman's bad breathe that produce that look on the face.
Classic AP. :laydownlaughing:clap:laydownlaughing

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Regarding the Sherman soap opera...I'm a Seahawks fan, but the guy was/is way too much. I hear all the pros and cons every day on ESPN radio and I have a one-word response...Unprofessional. Way too much of that stuff going on in sports, which is what drove me away from it for several years. I don't care how educated/intelligent they are. Try that shit at YOUR job and see what happens. I'll take the Barry Sandersss and the Peyton Manningsss over the Terrell Owensss and the Richard Shermansss any day. That said...GO SEAHAWKS!!!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
There aren't many cons when it is just a cocky cornerback running his mouth. The worst are the receivers who create drama by A) complaining about not getting the ball thrown their way at least 50 times a game and B) not trying hard because they are upset they don't get the ball 50 times a game.

I would take Sherman on my team anyday, amazing player and helps bring toughness and swagger to the best defense in the league.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
There aren't many cons when it is just a cocky cornerback running his mouth. The worst are the receivers who create drama by A) complaining about not getting the ball thrown their way at least 50 times a game and B) not trying hard because they are upset they don't get the ball 50 times a game.

I would take Sherman on my team anyday, amazing player and helps bring toughness and swagger to the best defense in the league.

I agree..if he stays healthy, he will continue to be all pro and a future hall of famer.Funny someone mentioned Terrell Owens , Terrell or Calvin Johnson are the only types of receivers to be effective against Sherman.Terrell can out run,out jump or get real physical with Sherman who can just bully a smaller receivers.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:

Stupid assessment of T.O. and Moss. Shows that you totally misunderstand them and don't give their very high intelligence enough credit.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
DarthFed said:

Stupid assessment of T.O. and Moss. Shows that you totally misunderstand them and don't give their very high intelligence enough credit.

Humor me bud, and at the end tell me how many Super Bowls they won between them despite having crazy amounts of talent.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
calitennis127 said:
DarthFed said:

Humor me bud, and at the end tell me how many Super Bowls they won between them despite having crazy amounts of talent.

Are you kidding me?

There are a number of "selfless", "classy", supposedly wonderful team players who have never won a Super Bowl or only won 1 in 20 years (Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Tony Gonzalez) and no one ever impugns their character, saying "they never won the big one because there was something wrong with them mentally".

I can spin it this way - Moss got to 2 Super Bowls, and T.O. got to one. Also, Moss was the key player in the Patriots being the only team ever in the Salary Cap age to go undefeated (16-0). The only year the Reid-McNabb regime got to the Super Bowl was when T.O. was there, and their regular season record was 14-2. The only time Jim Harbaugh has gotten to a Super Bowl as an NFL coach was with veteran Randy Moss being one of the most loved and looked-up-to players on his team.

Does it sound like we are talking about two losers here?

And, are you going to hold the Tyree helmet catch against Moss, as if it proves that he wasn't a winner? That is ridiculous. Moss made the go-ahead TD catch late in the 4th quarter before the Giants' final drive. He stepped up in the clutch when his number was called. It wasn't his fault that such a lucky catch was made by Tyree or that Eli and Plaxico connected for the TD.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I never said they were negative players overall, but they had noticeable CONS in the pros vs. cons list. Belichick and Brady did get Moss on the right path but aside from that he was mostly a cancer in the locker room and someone who would notoriously take plays off.

T.O. was all about himself, everyone knows that, another team cancer. T.O. and Moss were great receivers that should have been a whole lot better as teammates. I will say that T.O. didn't take plays off and was someone who would often go over the middle (unlike Moss) but you know he was always going to cause trouble in the locker room.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
DarthFed Other Sports 116
DarthFed Other Sports 98