3. Stefanos Tsitsipas
4. Matteo Berrettini
5. Andrey Rublev
6. Casper Ruud
7. Felix Auger Alliassime
8. Hubert Hurkacz
9. Jannick Sinner
10. Cameron Norrie

#1 Djokovic not eligible, #3 Nadal declined to play.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA has withdrawn from Miami
Still waiting for posts for Miami Masters for both the men and the women please thanks in advance

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
FAA has withdrawn from Miami
Still waiting for posts for Miami Masters for both the men and the women please thanks in advance
Woah! I hope he is okay! He lost early in IW and now this. Sinner withdrawn at IW too...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Players missing/withdrawing at the Miami Open is not a good sign for the tour and the tournament site. It is a Masters 1000 tournament too so it is somewhat a big deal.
Still cannot find a reason as to why FAA has withdrawn,though maybe the report was wrong ...Another womens player withdrew yesterday in Miami and I still cant find out the reason why.I wish journalists would post as to why players withdraw and do their job properly at times.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I can't find anything on Felix withdrawing...where did you see it? Twitter?
Yes and also Kenin yesterday....I think now it was a mis informed report as I sent an email to a Canadian journalist who I follow if FAA has withdrawn or not...so far no reply

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Don Fabio will be happy with this news,
Borna Coric gets his first win in a little over one year,since 5ht March,2021,defeating Verdasco 64 75 ...in Miami

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425

Will have to wait Thursday night to see WC Sir Andrew Murray playing his first match in Miami against Delbonis...if he wins he gets Medvedev....we will cross that bridge when it happens :)

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Don Fabio will be happy with this news,
Borna Coric gets his first win in a little over one year,since 5ht March,2021,defeating Verdasco 64 75 ...in Miami
Yap. It's nice to see him back and healty after a year or so. I hope he can beat misbehaving germain too (taking into account his current state of mind), but it's a big task to beat a top seed after a so long injury break.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Both Nick K whose match I just finished watching and Thanasi Kokkinakis defeated their French opponents
Nick K in straight sets against Mannarino 76(3) 63 and Thanasi in straights sets against Gasquet 64 62

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Both Nick K whose match I just finished watching and Thanasi Kokkinakis defeated their French opponents
Nick K in straight sets against Mannarino 76(3) 63 and Thanasi in straights sets against Gasquet 64 62

IDK what it is about KOK that I can't recognize! I've seen him play 3 or 4 times over the years, but I can't place him in a line up of LIMEYS! :astonished-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

• Haha
Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
IDK what it is about KOK that I can't recognize! I've seen him play 3 or 4 times over the years, but I can't place him in a line up of LIMEYS! :astonished-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Well you will have to watch him in his next singles match,both he and Nick have been given wild cards in the doubles as well,seeing they won the AO doubles championship recently.
Nick K will face 5th seed Rublev.....Thanasi will face 13th seed Schwartzman

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie

Got a reply from my Canadian journalist who said FAA is still in the draw at Miami....Rafanoy will also be interested
FAA is scheduled to practice with Ruud on Thursday.
So that journalist who said he had withdrawn and not given a reason why? needs to do his homework.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good to see Tsonga back on court in Miami, but sadly he lost in a tight 3 to Jordan Thompson. Murray just took the first set off Delbonis in the TB.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
By the way, did you guys see what Jenson Brooksby did during his match?! He hit the racket to the ground and the racket went near one of the ball kids. If the ball kid did not have good reflex, he would gotten hit by the racket.

Also, Brooksby did not have the audacity to apologize for the incident and the ball boy even helped pick up the racket for Brooksby.

Here’s the GIF:

Brooksby should have been defaulted here. Carlos Bernales reason for the non-default decision was because the racket did hit the ball kid. Coria had the right to be angry at Carlos’ decision.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
On the very same day, Jordan Thompson almost hit a scared ball girl:

ATP needs to do something about these incidents. (They probably won’t do s***).

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
By the way, did you guys see what Jenson Brooksby did during his match?! He hit the racket to the ground and the racket went near one of the ball kids. If the ball kid did not have good reflex, he would gotten hit by the racket.

Also, Brooksby did not have the audacity to apologize for the incident and the ball boy even helped pick up the racket for Brooksby.

Here’s the GIF:

Brooksby should have been defaulted here. Carlos Bernales reason for the non-default decision was because the racket did hit the ball kid. Coria had the right to be angry at Carlos’ decision.

I saw that incident....I mean the poor kid 'flinched' regardless if the racket didnt hit the ball boy,similar when Zverev hit his racket at the feet of the umpire,the umpire also 'flinched' Brooksby should have been defaulted and also pay a big fine and like Zverev put on probabtion...I am waiting for the ATP to see again how Spinless they are...I Have No Words for this recent outburst!