Miami Open - ATP Masters 1000 - 2022

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Jose Morgado via Twitter,

Carlos Alcaraz received a call from Felipe VI, King of Spain,

"I wasn;t expecting that.I was more nervous when talking to him than during the match.I would never thought that a thing like that would happen in my life".

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Exactly! What does she expect out of a guy that just played a tennis final? You can sweat like that in Miami just waiting in line at a taco truck. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
That's exactly my point. I live here. I know how hot and humid it is just standing in line, pumping gas, etc. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That's exactly my point. I live here. I know how hot and humid it is just standing in line, pumping gas, etc. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Sweating while pumping gas these days is not unique to Miami, given the prices. Just sayin'.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the one Masters series title I want Rafa to win..I know he will always choose IW over it but he really has a rather large Latin following in Miami.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Exactly..he is talented,good manners and has charisma.I am sure Rafa and Roger are happy to leave tennis in his hands.
It is refreshing to see a young player with a strong work ethic,also he has displayed 'sportsmanlike' attitude on court in his matches,in Miami,especially in his match against Hubi.I mean what's not to like about Carlos.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Exactly..he is talented,good manners and has charisma.I am sure Rafa and Roger are happy to leave tennis in his hands.
It's funny you say that. There was a NYTimes article when Rafa won his first Roland Garros, and in the title it called out his looks, game, and "remarkably good manners." In the body of the article, it cited his charisma, as well. He's really the complete package. Let's hope that Carlos can be as chill as Rafa about being the next Big Thing.

Reactions: tossip