Miami Open - ATP Masters 1000 - 2022

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
By the way, did you guys see what Jenson Brooksby did during his match?! He hit the racket to the ground and the racket went near one of the ball kids. If the ball kid did not have good reflex, he would gotten hit by the racket.

Also, Brooksby did not have the audacity to apologize for the incident and the ball boy even helped pick up the racket for Brooksby.

Here’s the GIF:

Brooksby should have been defaulted here. Carlos Bernales reason for the non-default decision was because the racket did hit the ball kid. Coria had the right to be angry at Carlos’ decision.

This is nothing new! It happens every day somewhere in the world! I went thru 60+ rackets over my 30 year career of playing and teaching! I broke my share, but never came close to causing injury to someone! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :fearful-face::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reactions: rafanoy1992

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Matteo Berettini withdraws from Miami,will be replaced by a lucky loser that needs to sign in tomorrow morning ( vs JM Cerundolo)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Matteo Berettini withdraws from Miami,will be replaced by a lucky loser that needs to sign in tomorrow morning ( vs JM Cerundolo)

This is going to be typical of today's players! Even with all this tech, they deem it necessary to put absolutely everything into playing a point, game, or set! It like every muscle is spasming putting so much stress on their bodies, breakdowns will occur more frequently! Adding the speed of play, it's a recipe for inconsistent results; hence the rankings flip-flopping so often below the elites of the game! No one will be able to hold up like Fedalovic, so we can forget that kind of consistency! :astonished-face: :anxious-face-with-sweat::angry-face::fearful-face:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is going to be typical of today's players! Even with all this tech, they deem it necessary to put absolutely everything into playing a point, game, or set! It like every muscle is spasming putting so much stress on their bodies, breakdowns will occur more frequently! Adding the speed of play, it's a recipe for inconsistent results; hence the rankings flip-flopping so often below the elites of the game! No one will be able to hold up like Fedalovic, so we can forget that kind of consistency! :astonished-face: :anxious-face-with-sweat::angry-face::fearful-face:
They dont make them like they used to lol!....the post for the Miami Masters post is now up I also posted Matteo's withdrawal there as well.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Any idea why?
It is from a reputable journalist I follow,. Jose Morgado...it was just breaking news,I would say it is still his stomach problem,I am still trying to find out.I will post when I get confirmation

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw that incident....I mean the poor kid 'flinched' regardless if the racket didnt hit the ball boy,similar when Zverev hit his racket at the feet of the umpire,the umpire also 'flinched' Brooksby should have been defaulted and also pay a big fine and like Zverev put on probabtion...I am waiting for the ATP to see again how Spinless they are...I Have No Words for this recent outburst!
Sadly, now, Brooksby has dropped of my potentials list. Pathetic behavior.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sadly, now, Brooksby has dropped of my potentials list. Pathetic behavior.
By the way, Brooksby has done pathetic behavior even before this tournament. I think in one of his matches in the Dallas Open this year, he used questionable tactics to distract the opponent. He was grunting louder in pivotal moments, he was tapping his racket on the ground during a rally, and he was waving his hands while his opponent was about to hit an overhead smash.

Both Jim Courier and Paul Annacone have said on air that Brooksby needs to cut those "childish" behavior in the main tour during an official match.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
By the way, Brooksby has done pathetic behavior even before this tournament. I think in one of his matches in the Dallas Open this year, he used questionable tactics to distract the opponent. He was grunting louder in pivotal moments, he was tapping his racket on the ground during a rally, and he was waving his hands while his opponent was about to hit an overhead smash.

Both Jim Courier and Paul Annacone have said on air that Brooksby needs to cut those "childish" behavior in the main tour during an official match.
Sad to hear, but thanks for telling me. The standards for the Villains list is pretty high, at the moment, but we could keep him in mind for dishonorable mention.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I hope he can actually learn and evolve from these boorish acts because he has such an interesting game to me.

Brooksby when I saw him really has a meh serve, for someone so tall. But at 20 and 6-4 he can develop it more. Yet he doesn’t really play like anyone I’ve seen for a longtime; it very good timing and it’s almost with his short backswing he’s hitting half volleys from the baseline and redirecting the ball Ala the WTA player Radwanska. That’s why Tsitspas after losing to him in his presser in IW was saying he wasn’t impressed by Brooksby as he doesn’t overpower anyone. He’s one of those kids who lives and breathes tennis, homeschooled since age12 and he actually only was half a year at Baylor.

He plays classical piano (sonata #3 Bach) and his favorite player to watch is Nadal.

Studies his opponents and says his strength is exploiting their weaknesses, so different from so many players with their mindless ball bashing.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
With the withdrawal of Berrettini,opens up the 3rd quarter of the draw,Rublev and Sinner are now the only top 15

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Well I am waiting to see what action the ATP will do on his behavior today.ATP are just enabling these players at the moment.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Christopher Clarey and his views on the Brooksby incident earlier today in Miami.

"This has to stop.The more you let it slide or slap it on the wrist it will increase.This,in my book,should be an automatic default even if,as in Indian Wells or here,the ball person dodged the racket ."

Reactions: Moxie

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Christopher Clarey and his views on the Brooksby incident earlier today in Miami.

"This has to stop.The more you let it slide or slap it on the wrist it will increase.This,in my book,should be an automatic default even if,as in Indian Wells or here,the ball person dodged the racket ."

Everyone should be banned from tennis except Nadal. He's the only one who can be trusted, everyone else is a danger as they are unstable mentally and emotionally.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This match between Zverev and Coric is going 3 sets,with one set a piece....Zverev 1st set 64,Coric 2nd set 63
A competitive match so far
Zverev's latest addition to his team is Sergi Bruguera....( maybe for the up coming clay season )
Zverev d Coric 64 36 63....
Despite losing Coric can be happy about his form ongoing,just his 2nd match back.,served two poor services games in set 1 and set 3 to get broken.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I hope he can actually learn and evolve from these boorish acts because he has such an interesting game to me.

Brooksby when I saw him really has a meh serve, for someone so tall. But at 20 and 6-4 he can develop it more. Yet he doesn’t really play like anyone I’ve seen for a longtime; it very good timing and it’s almost with his short backswing he’s hitting half volleys from the baseline and redirecting the ball Ala the WTA player Radwanska. That’s why Tsitspas after losing to him in his presser in IW was saying he wasn’t impressed by Brooksby as he doesn’t overpower anyone. He’s one of those kids who lives and breathes tennis, homeschooled since age12 and he actually only was half a year at Baylor.

He plays classical piano (sonata #3 Bach) and his favorite player to watch is Nadal.

Studies his opponents and says his strength is exploiting their weaknesses, so different from so many players with their mindless ball bashing.

I think we talked about this B4; m/b a month or so ago! I see Brooksby as a "Courier-clone" playing with a lot of intensity & passion! It's the reason Jim didn't last long at the top due to a lack of real skill! He was one of the 1st, along w/ Agassi who just tried to take the cover off the ball! :) :lol6:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner please find your 1st serve ASAP or you be gonnnnnnnnnnnnnne
Woah that was a close call Jannik through in 3 sets 64 36 76(8)

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow Rublev is getting trashed out there by Djokovic’s big daddy. :face-with-hand-over-mouth: