Indian Wells

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The first Masters Series event of the season. Who are you liking for this one?

Can Rafa finally defend a title off clay?

Will Novak take his first title of the year?

Is Roger really really back?

Will Stan consolidate his progress, by winning the second biggest HC title so far?

What do you think?

And is anybody going to attend?

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
The draw tomorrow will answer some questions. Stan is the one unbeaten guy so far and I would not mind watching him play against either Nadal or Nole. Cilic is seriously picking it up, so is Grigor.

This is going to be one tough tournament for anyone, starting from round 1 , in some cases, but definitely from second round on. Full of landmines...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I want Rafa to get Stan...

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Until proven otherwise, Rafa and then Novak are the guys to beat. Nadal will be out to prove something and to finally get that one chink in his career amour (that Kieran alluded to) removed be defending a non-clay event. Stan is going to be considered by all players differently and rightly so. Nadal and Djokovic will be very respectful and wary, but I think they will get him. I don't think Stan will ever intimidate Roger too much. Murray, Dimitrov and some others will be very interesting to watch. Andy needs a big victory to jump-start his year. Grigor has got to be feeling well and appears to not be bothered by the prospect of facing Nadal or Nole. I don't know about Roger and his gut feeling about playing him.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
That's right, Shawn, Dimi is going to be an interesting figure at this MS event. "Happy for that" - as Rafa would say - when he won a 500, but there'll be a small target on his back in IW. I don't expect his progress to be seamless, however, and an early defeat might put manners on him...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Should be interesting but I'll wait to see the draw. Usually on a surface like this you figure Novak would be favorite but he has started the year poorly. Nadal is looking good enough so it would probably be him at this point.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:

Will Stan consolidate his progress, by winning the second biggest HC title so far?

What do you think?

Going Friday through Monday/Tues!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Are you going to see Sampras practising or Murray playing? :snigger

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
David Ferrer has already announced that he will not be playing in IW.

This would mean Berdych will get the coveted #4 seed.

Does any one know whether JMDP is officially out too?

If so, Gasquet and Tsonga will get into top 8 in the seeding. If JMDP is not
out, only Gasquet will get lucky and not Tsonga

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
David Ferrer has already announced that he will not be playing in IW.

This would mean Berdych will get the coveted #4 seed.

Does any one know whether JMDP is officially out too?

If so, Gasquet and Tsonga will get into top 8 in the seeding. If JMDP is not
out, only Gasquet will get lucky and not Tsonga

I was looking for news of that earlier in the Argentine press, but no word. However, it seems he'd be an idiot to play.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Tommy Haas probably snookered himself playing a mickey mouse tournament before this and hurting his shoulder yet again. Guess he won't even play :(

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:

What do you think?

Kieran, I'm gonna attend Indian Wells this year:D This is the special tournament for me because Indian Wells is only a hour drive from my home. In addition, this is the first tennis tournament I officially watched in T.V. and in person. I was not a tennis fan before 2007 but my stepdad and I decided to play Tennis for fun. Then, I saw Nadal play at this tournament seven years ago (that is the year he won his first IW title). After watching Nadal play one match, I instantly became a fan of his. Since then, I became a huge Nadal and tennis fan.

In addition to all of that, me, my stepdad, and my mother went to the tournament in 2007. Nadal actually said Hi to my mother while he was having his afternoon/night practice (lucky her:blush:)

Finally, I also saw Djokovic in this tournament before he became ranked number three in the world. It was funny because nobody knew him at all during that time. He was just walking casually in the ground with no security haha...then my stepdad and I were wondering who is this guy?:lolz: Little we know that we were this close to the future number one player in the world.:D

Anyways, I will try to take some pictures on post it in here.

I'm only going this upcoming Saturday because I have school and the the ticket costs $50. I only make 9/hr so one day is good enough for me. Besides, I'm going on the day when most players are still in the draw.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^^Looking forward to the photos, Rafanoy, and hearing the first-hand accounts. I'm looking forward to the draw tomorrow. GSM tells us Almagro is out. It seems likely that Haas and JMDP will be, as well. Isabelle always has the early news on this…perhaps we'll hear in the morning.

Unsurprisingly, Rafa is favored by the odds-makers, but, with all the shifts in form and fortune of late, it could be a very wild and woolly one.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
^^Looking forward to the photos, Rafanoy, and hearing the first-hand accounts. I'm looking forward to the draw tomorrow. GSM tells us Almagro is out. It seems likely that Haas and JMDP will be, as well. Isabelle always has the early news on this…perhaps we'll hear in the morning.

Unsurprisingly, Rafa is favored by the odds-makers, but, with all the shifts in form and fortune of late, it could be a very wild and woolly one.

Lots of pullouts this year. The Spanish Armada has taken a hit.

If I hear correctly, no Almagro and Ferrer. And you are probably right about Haas and DelPo.

I will be there with camera in hand as well. I got some neat pics last year too.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^^ Looking forward to the pics! And the front-row report. It seems Ferrer is out. Muscle tear, left leg, according to marca.com.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
^^ Looking forward to the pics! And the front-row report. It seems Ferrer is out. Muscle tear, left leg, according to marca.com.

It's a blood bath. Janko, Bernie, Paire, and few WTA official withdrawls.

Nothing official yet from tommy or Juan.

That adductor has been a chronic issue for Ferrer...