Andy Murray: Moving forward at Indian Wells

Jack Edward

Reactions
Though Andy went on to lose to Alexander Zverev at the Indian Wells Masters, his comeback win against Carlos Alcaraz last Sunday showed us he is improving week by week.

Here's why the win could be a significant moment in his overall comeback

Reactions: Kieran

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Would love to see Andy comeback more fully. I think the best possible result, though, is a return to the top 20. The top 10 is becoming a crowded field, and I'm not sure if he can break through. But who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Would love to see Andy comeback more fully. I think the best possible result, though, is a return to the top 20. The top 10 is becoming a crowded field, and I'm not sure if he can break through. But who knows.

I see this delusion on other boards making out Murray's entitled to come back and take his place at the top! Please; w/ that defensive game? :face-vomiting:

Jack Edward

Reactions
I think I agree, top 10 seems out of his reach at the moment. The game has gotten quicker and big servers are dominating the top 10 - Djokovic, Nadal and Federer have all made changes... Andy has attempted changes but isn't finding the consistency required to make it there.

As for Fiero425's response - I don't think it seems delusional to have high expectations of a former world #1?! That defensive game got him to the top of the world. I've laid out the facts in my article and think I backed myself up pretty well...

Tennis trolls are weirdly grudge-bearing - if you wanna talk stats, I'll talk stats, but I don't see how you can argue Andy can't make it to the top 20!

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425