Indian Wells

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Forgotten Janko still played tennis. Hasn't played in months. He was entertaining to watch when he reached world number 9. Kinda like Djokovic-lite back then but he really went downhill and now has injury setbacks. Still, I doubt he's that unhappy staying home with his wife anyway. She's stunning.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Historically, this is the kind of high bouncing surface and conditions (sometimes windy, sometimes hot) on which Nadal is really annoying to play against. Unless he's not in good form (I wasn't terribly impressed with what I saw from him on clay) or still bothered by his back, I think he'll be making the final at least, though it will be interesting to see the draw.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Does someone know when Ferrer'll be back ? he pulled out of IW but will he play Miami ?? Hope so, any news ??

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^^No word beyond IW. Nothing out of Juan Martin at all. Just read that the draw is at 3pm PST. (That's 6pm EST; 11pm GMT.)

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Forgotten Janko still played tennis. Hasn't played in months. He was entertaining to watch when he reached world number 9. Kinda like Djokovic-lite back then but he really went downhill and now has injury setbacks. Still, I doubt he's that unhappy staying home with his wife anyway. She's stunning.

Wife and a baby girl .. there are regular updates from him on twitter.. mostly baby related

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
If Federer can manage to stay clear from Nadal, he could win this thing.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
TsarMatt said:

Just read on twitter, Roger gets Stan in QF, if he wins, the winner of Nadal-Murray.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nole gets JMDP and Tomas gets Richie in the QF.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Bring Andy out for a qf wake-up.

Next, Stan comes out for his ritual bearding. Ouch!

Next, Nole in the final sees Nadal defend a title off clay for the first time ever.

All this, at IW.

Careful what you wish for... ;)

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I am more interested in the landmines...Where is Grigor, Cilic, Milos and so forth...
Potential 4R: Milos - Murray and Dimi - Berdych
Also Isner - Gasquet

(I am scooping these from twitter no full draw yet)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
ftan said:
And Delpo is playing.. what is he thinking smh

That guy clearly hasn't a whole lot of grey matter. He's likely thinking if I stay off a long time to heal my wrist I'll lose a ton of points and these next 2 events give the opportunity to earn a lot of points. By playing and getting a miserable few points he'll only damage his healing more in the long term. To be honest I don't think he'll ever be like he was before the wrist injuries to both wrists. It's a shame but playing on as he's doing now is dense and yet it's also catch 22, 'cos this sort of pain will likely only come back the minute he has a taxing match no matter how long he takes off playing.

And if he continues playing through pain like this he can't possibly expect to beat the top guys since having the pain in his left wrist means he's relegated to slicing and weak backhands with no chance of executing DTL backhands. Without that shot he hasn't a prayer against the elite players.

As far as we've heard from the press the right one seems pretty much ok since the surgery and now the left one is the wrist giving all sorts of backhand woes. Personally I think he should have left wrist surgery at this stage and quit this playing while unable to execute backhands nonsense as it's pointless and risks doing more damage.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
TsarMatt said:

Just read on twitter, Roger gets Stan in QF, if he wins, the winner of Nadal-Murray.

That is already two matches that I would be most interested in seeing in QFs.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
ftan said:

That guy clearly hasn't a whole lot of grey matter. He's likely thinking if I stay off a long time to heal my wrist I'll lose a ton of points and these next 2 events give the opportunity to earn a lot of points. By playing and getting a miserable few points he'll only damage his healing more in the long term. To be honest I don't think he'll ever be like he was before the wrist injuries to both wrists. It's a shame but playing on as he's doing now is dense and yet it's also catch 22, 'cos this sort of pain will likely only come back the minute he has a taxing match no matter how long he takes off playing.

And if he continues playing through pain like this he can't possibly expect to beat the top guys since having the pain in his left wrist means he's relegated to slicing and weak backhands with no chance of executing DTL backhands. Without that shot he hasn't a prayer against the elite players.

Quick reminder. He got to the final last year hitting 90% slice backhands. I watched him routine Davy in straights last year hitting around two or three double handers the entire match. The man has guile to go along with his brute power.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
ftan said:

As far as we've heard from the press the right one seems pretty much ok since the surgery and now the left one is the wrist giving all sorts of backhand woes. Personally I think he should have left wrist surgery at this stage and quit this playing while unable to execute backhands nonsense as it's pointless and risks doing more damage.

It is pretty clear that he is a stubborn sort of fellow. Get rid of the racket...drop the tension..do something.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don't know why they haven't released the full draw yet, though I suspect they're trying to drive us to their social media. They seem to be leaking it by bits. :( Anyway, Rafa drew Murray in his quarter, so we'll likely see that one, and Fed/Stan in his half. That's all exciting. TBH, I'm still waiting for DP to withdraw.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Front242 said:
ftan said:

Quick reminder. He got to the final last year hitting 90% slice backhands. I watched him routine Davy in straights last year hitting around two or three double handers the entire match. The man has guile to go along with his brute power.

No reminder needed. I'm aware he can earn points beating guys not of the calibre of the top players but he still won't be able to beat the very best with no proper backhand at his disposal unless they play REALLY crap.