28. Frances Tiafoe
29. Alex de Minaur
30. Lloyd Harris
31. Alexander Bublik
32. Federico Delbonis
33. Grigor Dimitrov

IWTG_Stadium_1.JPG

The Tournament:

The Indian Wells Masters, also known as the Indian Wells Open and BNP Paribas Open is an annual tennis tournament usually held in early- and mid-March at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Indian Wells, California, United States. The current owner is Larry Ellison, executive chairman and co-founder of Oracle. The current tournament director is former world No. 2 player Tommy Haas. The tournament is a Masters 1000 event on the men's tour and is a WTA 1000 event on the women's tour.

Between 1974 and 1976 it was non-tour event and between 1977 and 1986 it was a secondary tournament of the Grand Prix Tennis Tour but in 1987 it was upgraded to be part of the Grand Prix Super Series, the series of nine tournaments just below the four majors and the year-end finals in importance. It took the place of the Philadelphia Indoor event as the first Super Series event of the year. The event is one of two tour events (along with the Miami Open), other than the Majors, in which main draw play extends beyond eight days. The women's main draw usually starts on Wednesday and the men's main draw starts on Thursday. Both finals are held on Sunday of the following week. Both singles main draws include 96 players in a 128-player grid, with the 32 seeded players getting a bye (a free pass) to the second round.

The tournament is played on hardcourt and is the best-attended tennis tournament outside the four Grand Slam tournaments, it is often called the "fifth Grand Slam". It has the second-largest permanent tennis stadium in the world, behind New York City's Arthur Ashe Stadium.

About Indian Wells:

Indian Wells is a city in Riverside County, California, in the Coachella Valley. Incorporated in 1967, it lies in between the cities of Palm Desert and La Quinta. As of the 2010 Census, the city population was 4,958.

Indian_Wells_CA.JPG

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know the main draw ceremony will be Tuesday 8th March 3pm-4pm local time.
I guess Moxie will know regarding draw challenge.
Yes! I was about to post...tomorrow, after the draws come out, you can make your picks in the Draw Challenge. For those who haven't joined, do consider giving it a go: https://www.tennisfrontier.com/pages/drawchallenge/

(The link provides instructions in how to join our group.)

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Alexander Zverev is cleared to play IW by the ATP and is on probation for 1 year.I have posted the details on the ATP News

Reactions: Fiero425

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Once again, I am going to Indian Wells this year to see the very best tennis players in the world (men and women) including the 21-time Men Major Singles champion Rafael Nadal! I know I am bragging a little bit because I will rarely see one my favorite athletes ever in person that is leading in Major titles. Very exciting stuff!

As usual, I will try to take as much pictures I can practice and live matches. The thing I will try different this year is I will actually try watch Nadal in practice and in a live match. More than likely, he will be a night match I am just hoping he goes into Saturday so I can save some gas money.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Here we go again
From PNP Paribas Open

Djokovic is on the tournament entry list,and therefore is placed into the draw today.We are currently in communication with his team.it has not been determind if he will partcipiate in the event by getting CDC approval to enter the country????

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here we go again
From PNP Paribas Open

Djokovic is on the tournament entry list,and therefore is placed into the draw today.We are currently in communication with his team.it has not been determind if he will partcipiate in the event by getting CDC approval to enter the country????
What in the world?!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay I have done a projected QFS ( by seeding) as I have to go to work shortly
Medvedev vs Tsitsipas
Nadal vs Ruud
Berrettini vs Zverev
Djokovic? vs Rublev

This could change pending whether Novak plays or not.BTW I know he has not arrived in IW.There have a wall for players missing and there was a photo of him on the wall,along with Ash Barty

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just a further update from officials

We will provide updates regarding Novak Djokovic in the future when we learn more
Craig Tiley is not over at IW is he? shades of the AO with the draw here at IW