FIFA World Cup 2022

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Phew Argentina through went down to the wire again in shoot out .Argetnian 4-3...I must say that goal assist from Messi to Molina was 'Messi Magic"
Yeah, amazing pass. The Dutch free kick was a piece of training ground magic. Some guts to do it at that time!

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Saw nothing today. Wow...Brazil out! Argentina still in. Does Messi finally get his World Cup? Interesting day tomorrow. Portugal seems to have done well with Cristiano Ronaldo on the bench. Morocco has the crowd. England v. France a battle of the Next Gen stars Bellingham v Mbappe?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
CR7... hit the road jack! And don't you come back no more no more!

I fucking love this World Cup. Might be the best one I've seen since '82

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
CR7... hit the road jack! And don't you come back no more no more!

I fucking love this World Cup. Might be the best one I've seen since '82
Don’t mention 82! I’m still shocked Brazil didn’t win it. Too soon!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
France were blessed. But you need luck sometimes. A France-Argentina final would be most welcome now…

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
France were blessed. But you need luck sometimes. A France-Argentina final would be most welcome now…
I'm pretty interested in Morocco-France.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The contrarian/underdog fan in me is rooting for a Croatian/Morroco World Cup Final.
The worst of all worlds if we’re hoping for a classic match, it’ll be like when Leicester won the league - they deserve it but it’s strange. I’ve no issue with that Final if it happens, they’re both doing great and Morocco represent an opportunity for a welcome and historic breakthrough, and Modric alone deserves a WC gold medal, let alone all the great efforts of his team mates - but I doubt I’d watch that match. I’d tune in for the penalty shoot out, maybe…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow! another incredible Messi assist and Alvarez slots in his 2nd goal....Argentina leading 3-0 over Croatia
Well done Argentina into the final, hitting their form just at the right time,
Commies to Don Fabio, Messi was just in 'master class mode' in the match

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow! another incredible Messi assist and Alvarez slots in his 2nd goal....Argentina leading 3-0 over Croatia
Well done Argentina into the final, hitting their form just at the right time,
Commies to Don Fabio, Messi was just in 'master class mode' in the match
Couldn't watch today, but I'd be perfectly happy if Messi caps his career with this WC win. Just glad that dingleberry Cristiano Ronaldo is out, if we're talking about superstars. Still interested about tomorrow, though France does seem to play like there's no one else on the field.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Couldn't watch today, but I'd be perfectly happy if Messi caps his career with this WC win. Just glad that dingleberry Cristiano Ronaldo is out, if we're talking about superstars. Still interested about tomorrow, though France does seem to play like there's no one else on the field.
When I was speaking to Kieren, I felt France was still the one to beat, in saying that I feel Argentina have hit form at the right time, I guess we will see, though like you I would love if Messi caps his career with this WC win.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
France are the first team to reach consecutive WC Finals since Brazil in 1998 and 2002
France 2-0 over the fairy tale run by Morocco!

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Morocco's great run ends. No surprise, really. Who does everyone like for the final?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think - and hope - France will win, though I wasn’t hugely impressed at how they played after they scored first against Morocco. I don’t like Messi, Barcelona, Pep, or anyone associated with them, so it has to be France for me. I don’t even think France are a great side but they’ll create modern history with a win. They have more class than the brute-like, uncouth and nasty Argies. I’m not too sure that France will rise to the occasion, but they have experience at this level. Argentina still be driven by elemental force. I hope it dissipates, and vanishes, and is replaced by hot salty tears, and some of their usual bad behaviour too, just to liven things up a bit..

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think - and hope - France will win, though I wasn’t hugely impressed at how they played after they scored first against Morocco. I don’t like Messi, Barcelona, Pep, or anyone associated with them, so it has to be France for me. I don’t even think France are a great side but they’ll create modern history with a win. They have more class than the brute-like, uncouth and nasty Argies. I’m not too sure that France will rise to the occasion, but they have experience at this level. Argentina still be driven by elemental force. I hope it dissipates, and vanishes, and is replaced by hot salty tears, and some of their usual bad behaviour too, just to liven things up a bit..
So much for you not watching or caring about this World Cup, huh? :face-with-tears-of-joy: :smooch:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
So much for you not watching or caring about this World Cup, huh? :face-with-tears-of-joy: :smooch:
Yeah I’ve succumbed and watched bits of it, a couple of full matches in the knockout s. I suppose we all have limits - including in our preferences for who wins it… ;)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
My heart says Argentina.....
My Head says France!
France are the better team but Argentina have some momentum going into it. I don’t like the way France didn’t go for the throat after going 1-0 up in the semi. Maybe they felt caution was justified? I think if they play their best they’ll win though…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
France are the better team but Argentina have some momentum going into it. I don’t like the way France didn’t go for the throat after going 1-0 up in the semi. Maybe they felt caution was justified? I think if they play their best they’ll win though…
Agree after they scored their 1st goal France became very defensive, in saying that France have been without some of their good players due to injury in this WC. To me they are the team to beat, .Argentina played their best so far against Croatia, they do have momentum going into the final, I guess we shall see.

Reactions: Moxie and Kieran