FIFA World Cup 2022

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

She’s not able to answer without her ideological handlers feeding her lines. I don’t agree with everything he said but really, if you’re in Qatar complaining about being in Qatar, there’s a fairly start forward solution. You’re correct when you say that it’s too late to complain now and do the usual virtue signalling. Qatar were handed this boon ten years ago. Something should have been done about it back then…

Reactions: TheSicilian

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Have we side- slipped into a parallel universe? Azarenka and Schwartsman were in the stands watching, supporting Argentina.
Apparently Azarenka said it was her life's dream to see Messi play at the world cup in 2022
Lol that's good she achieved her dream! Messi is a great player, I saw him play live once he scored twice against my team :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
That’s not out? Really??:astonished-face:

1669926347205.jpeg

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Go, Morocco!
They did great, didn’t they? Could have won it during the match, but they aced it in the penalty shootout. Spain were awful, very disappointing. Watching Brazil show off their dancing skills, I was gone off them and thought, wait until you face a team that’ll boot you into the air when you try that shit, a team like Spain or France. Then Spain dropped a calf, terrible penalties too. Freaked out by the Moroccan goalie. Good for him!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They did great, didn’t they? Could have won it during the match, but they aced it in the penalty shootout. Spain were awful, very disappointing. Watching Brazil show off their dancing skills, I was gone off them and thought, wait until you face a team that’ll boot you into the air when you try that shit, a team like Spain or France. Then Spain dropped a calf, terrible penalties too. Freaked out by the Moroccan goalie. Good for him!
Morocco were amazing. I was rooting for Spain, as I do, but they played terrible. I had to turn it off at the penalties. I could root for Morocco going forward. And since you mentioned their keeper, he's kind of a dish, if I needed extra motivation. Just sayin'.

Unknown.jpeg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Didn't watch, only scores. What happened there??
the ball looked out to 99% of us, but apparently the curvature of the ball kept it on the line. First time we've ever seen this ruling to my recollection. Odd time for a first

Reactions: Moxie

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This is really what the World Cup is all about. Hopefully we’ll see something like this today:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow, back to back penalty shootout wins. 4-2...Croatia back into World Cup SFS....Don Fabio will be over the moon with this win by Croatia defeating the favorites Brazil

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, Brazil aren’t f*cking dancing now. Well done Croatia. I thought Brazil were the better team and their goal was reminiscent of their great 1982 team, but once again Brazilian flamboyance and naivety gets beaten by European pragmatism and resilience. They should have put bodies behind the ball after that great goal by Neymar.

Croatia will add little else to this tournament, I think..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, Brazil aren’t f*cking dancing now. Well done Croatia. I thought Brazil were the better team and their goal was reminiscent of their great 1982 team, but once again Brazilian flamboyance and naivety gets beaten by European pragmatism and resilience. They should have put bodies behind the ball after that great goal by Neymar.

Croatia will add little else to this tournament, I think..
Agree, that was a great goal from Neymar, it is a team effort, like you said they rest of the team should have put their bodies behind the ball, well done Croatia, lets see if there will be any more upsets going forward. I still feel France are the team to beat

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Agree, that was a great goal from Neymar, it is a team effort, like you said they rest of the team should have put their bodies behind the ball, well done Croatia, lets see if there will be any more upsets going forward. I still feel France are the team to beat
Yeah, they’re the best team left, maybe. The prospect of a Brazil-Argentina semi is thwarted, and this was the perfect stage for that match. Croatia are a very good and honest side, Modric is a Titan, but nobody ever said “Croatia v Anyone” is the match to see, except maybe if the ‘Anyone’ was Serbia. And even then, we’d just watch it to count the pitchforks and torches on the pitch at the end..

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Phew Argentina through went down to the wire again in shoot out .Argetnian 4-3...I must say that goal assist from Messi to Molina was 'Messi Magic"

Last edited: