FIFA World Cup 2022

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Vamos Argentina winning the penallty shoot out 4-2 ( Rafa will be happy Messi is his favorite player!!!!)

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Should have been 6x0 to begin with, France had monster luck, but the WAAAAY better team prevailed in the end. Full merit to Martinez who is a monster goal keeper, he won the shoot out by himself.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I went out because I couldn't face the penalties...Anyway, Argentina were the better side today, and they would have had a LOT to rue if they had lost. Good for Messi!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Incredible match, never seen a World Cup final that lived up to the occasion. Remarkable by everyone…:clap:

Now there’s going to be a female official presented on the podium with the refereeing team - let’s see if the Qataris refuse to shake her hand. It happened yesterday..

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The final game in Mexico 1986 was almost identical. Argentina scored and led 2-0, West Germany equalled 2-2 before Argentina scored the 5th decisive goal. Lionel MESSI wins player of the tournament.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They should bring bac the "Golden Goal" rule at extra time which was around in the mid to late 1990's. Try and avoid a final like this being decided by penalties shoot-out (soccers answer to final set tiebreaker).

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
They should bring bac the "Golden Goal" rule at extra time which was around in the mid to late 1990's. Try and avoid a final like this being decided by penalties shoot-out (soccers answer to final set tiebreaker).
They certainly should get rid of the trophy giving ceremony. Talk about bloat. And it became creepy when Infantino and that Qatari bloke put the garish robe on Messi and kept pawing him and stalking him when he wanted to join his team mates..

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
My daughter texted me and said the last time Argentina won the WC I was just born lol!

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As for me i was expecting and looking for a argentine victory , but i don;t really care as long as it was a good competitive final!

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mighty Italians lol! well my heart said Argentina and my head said France? my heart won :)
good one Margaret. Yes this World Cup wasn't quite the same without Italy, a once proud football country. Not sure whether the sport is as popular there as it once was. But, there will be a side qualified on the women's version of the world cup coming up in australia in june.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
good one Margaret. Yes this World Cup wasn't quite the same without Italy, a once proud football country. Not sure whether the sport is as popular there as it once was. But, there will be a side qualified on the women's version of the world cup coming up in australia in june.
Hopefully Italy can get back on track in football, it is still popular, though they have been disappointing, to say the least. I am looking forward to watching the women's version in Aussie in June at least it will be on our time line lol! not getting up at 2am to watch a final