Federer's Schedule for 2016

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I would have been very surprised if Roger would play in IW. It doesn't matter how minor surgery has been but if he needed it is because his knee was in bad conditions, otherwise he did't need to go through it. I know people who have had that surgery, they have a lot of discomfort for a while and they are not professional players.
Depending how he is feeling he will decide when and where to play, now it's too early to figure it

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
OK. Fed had announced he will be skipping IW and has entered MC.

I hope he also enters Rome (since he missed so much, it should not be a huge burden).

Not surprised by that. I thought he'd play Miami instead, but maybe he just doesn't want to play hardcourts as his first tourney back. Don't know that sliding on clay is a better option but those are the only 2 choices he has right now.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently, Fed attended the Oscar Ceremony. There is a video clip of Fed drinking a Taqueila shot bottoms up. :nono

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
He might as well enjoy his downtime. I'm sure he'll be sober by Monte Carlo... :)

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Apparently, Fed attended the Oscar Ceremony. There is a video clip of Fed drinking a Taqueila shot bottoms up. :nono

If it helps him relax when facing a certain someone, sure go for it, why stop at 1 shot? :laydownlaughing

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

Williams and Masha were there too, don't know if the "ladies" drunk tequilla too

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Puppet Master said:
GameSetAndMath said:

If it helps him relax when facing a certain someone, sure go for it, why stop at 1 shot? :laydownlaughing

Yep, and here is....:)

http://youtu.be/wDSi-EoqzJk

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
Roger announced on twitter he is playing Miami

Attachments

• 3-17-2016 12-48-48 PM.jpg
    3-17-2016 12-48-48 PM.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 154

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I would have preferred that he waited and appeared at MC and Rome.

My guess is that he feels ready to go and want to test his body out quickly, to see where he stands competitively, to relieve the anxiety and hence he added Miami.

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
yea and the fact he has nthing to defend..will only give him added points

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
ftan said:

Thanks! :clap I missed seeing that. Good to hear...because Indian Wells has been boring as hell without him.: :cry I get that Murray just came back from becoming a father...but he won 3 Davis Cup matches...and then can't get out of the 2nd round at IW? Lame, Andy, just plain lame.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I do not know if someone else has posted along these lines (I am having a hard time following the boards lately), but I guess he saw an opening. Honestly, field level seems a tad lower right now. Even Djokovic is looking quite below his usual level.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Busted said:
ftan said:

Thanks! :clap I missed seeing that. Good to hear...because Indian Wells has been boring as hell without him.: :cry I get that Murray just came back from becoming a father...but he won 3 Davis Cup matches...and then can't get out of the 2nd round at IW? Lame, Andy, just plain lame.

IW boring ? I don't think so, I saw some good matches this year

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
The surface is too slow to reward aggressive play properly. It shouldn't be so easy to retrieve everything.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
The surface is too slow to reward aggressive play properly. It shouldn't be so easy to retrieve everything.

Slow surface ??? Raonic is still there, not too slow for a big server at least

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
isabelle said:
Front242 said:

Slow surface ??? Raonic is still there, not too slow for a big server at least

No, the talk is not about Raonic's serving. The courts are so slow that even Raonic (who is not known to be having agile movement on court) is also able to retrieve balls.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
The courts are so slow that even Raonic (who is not known to be having agile movement on court) is also able to retrieve balls.

You made me smile GSM. Very good.

:)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger has left his name on in Madrid's list. This means that there are good chances that he plays there. Rome's list will come out in a week and it remains to be seen. Hopefully, he will play both Madrid and Rome as he missed Miami also.