Federer's Schedule for 2016

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
More a case of just keep doing what he has been doing so need real need for him anymore. Roger's biggest task is improving the terrible break point conversion rate and return of serve.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
sid said:
Federer split with Stefan.

Not the smartest of moves if he has any control of the situation! He had a great year for an old man! Stefan got the max out of Roger IMO!:puzzled :nono :angel: :cover

It is not a case of Roger dumping Edberg. Edberg just does not want to keep travelling. In fact, according to both, even 2015 itself was a bonus.

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Fiero425 said:
sid said:
Federer split with Stefan.

Not the smartest of moves if he has any control of the situation! He had a great year for an old man! Stefan got the max out of Roger IMO!:puzzled :nono :angel: :cover

It is not a case of Roger dumping Edberg. Edberg just does not want to keep travelling. In fact, according to both, even 2015 itself was a bonus.

Yup initially it was just for 2014. Then they added 2015 but it was pre decided that 2015 will be the last year as Edberg doesnt wanna travel

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
Oh I heard Roger will be playing Mixed doubles with Hingis at Rio 2016

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
ftan said:

It's been proposed and talked about for a year or 2; even Hingis mentioning it publicly, but I'll believe it when it happens! I feel Roger will balk at the last minute and concentrate in his last chance for Single's Gold in Rio! :angel: :dodgy:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
ftan said:

It's been proposed and talked about for a year or 2; even Hingis mentioning it publicly, but I'll believe it when it happens! I feel Roger will balk at the last minute and concentrate in his last chance for Single's Gold in Rio! :angel: :dodgy:

I don't think so. Roger will definitely be playing in both singles and mixed doubles. Mixed doubles is not that taxing with No-ad scoring and STB instead of a full 3rd set. Most Probably Roger will drop out of Men's Doubles in which he already has a gold.

Finally, Roger and Martina are almost sure to get some medal or other and have a very good chance of winning gold medal. So, he would not want to miss that chance.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Fiero425 said:
ftan said:

I don't think so. Roger will definitely be playing in both singles and mixed doubles. Mixed doubles is not that taxing with No-ad scoring and STB instead of a full 3rd set. Most Probably Roger will drop out of Men's Doubles in which he already has a gold.

Finally, Roger and Martina are almost sure to get some medal or other and have a very good chance of winning gold medal. So, he would not want to miss that chance.

Well I hope you're right! I still have a vivid memory of Steffi Graf promising "a legend" that she would play doubles twice and welched both times; shutting it down halfway through Wimbledon to save herself for singles and cancelling the following season at the USO the eve of the tournament! Martina Navratilova will never get those chances back and today's stars do things like this routinely to other people! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy: [ IIRC, she did take on a Mx D partner on the fly and won that event so "it's all good" now I guess!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
From a recent interview of Roger given in India during IPTL.

The UAE Royals player added that Djokovic is “in the driving seat for the world No 1 ranking for some time now” and that his dominance “won’t change quickly if you look at the points”.

Having said that, the former long-time No 1 himself would be happy to leave rank-chasing to the younger generation, adding that he was more focused on improving his game.

“It’s about winning tournaments at this point in my career. For me if I’m ranked two, three, four, five it’s less important,” he said. “Once you’ve been world No 1 like myself or Rafa or others, you can go in wrong direction in the year if you start chasing rankings.”

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:

The UAE Royals player added that Djokovic is “in the driving seat for the world No 1 ranking for some time now” and that his dominance “won’t change quickly if you look at the points”.

Having said that, the former long-time No 1 himself would be happy to leave rank-chasing to the younger generation, adding that he was more focused on improving his game.

“It’s about winning tournaments at this point in my career. For me if I’m ranked two, three, four, five it’s less important,” he said. “Once you’ve been world No 1 like myself or Rafa or others, you can go in wrong direction in the year if you start chasing rankings.”

Oh SNAP; :wow: was that a diss? :eyepop :cover :nono How does he dismiss the current #1, grouping Nole with "OTHERS?" How RUDE! lol! Djokovic has held onto the ranking many more weeks than Nadal; going back to past #1's who had it for even more brief periods like Edberg, Becker, Rios, Muster, Rafter, Wilander, and Safin! Those are just a few OTTH! :ras: :clap

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Oh SNAP; :wow: was that a diss? :eyepop :cover :nono How does he dismiss the current #1, grouping Nole with "OTHERS?" How RUDE! lol! Djokovic has held onto the ranking many more weeks than Nadal; going back to past #1's who had it for even more brief periods like Edberg, Becker, Rios, Muster, Rafter, Wilander, and Safin! Those are just a few OTTH! :ras: :clap

You are misinterpreting. He already paid his dues to Novak (read first paragraph). Then, the conversation is about chasing Novak. That is the context in which he makes the bolded remark.
So, others here does not include Novak.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

You are misinterpreting. He already paid his dues to Novak (read first paragraph). Then, the conversation is about chasing Novak. That is the context in which he makes the bolded remark.
So, others here does not include Novak.

Just stirring the pot; so deadly dull in the off season! All we can do is blather about what should, could or can be in the upcoming season! On another site it's close to a love-fest acknowledging Djokovic's streak! :nono :angel: :dodgy:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed's interview given recently at a circus stop.

Main points:

1. Has no plans on when to retire
2. Will be announcing his schedule for coming year in the coming weeks
3. Might play with Stan in Men's doubles also along with Singles and Mixed Doubles.

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/8yz1UyqMEq4[/video]

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
This was on Facebook couple minutes ago.

Attachments

• roger.jpg
    roger.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 45

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
1972Murat said:
Only RG for clay. Not defending Istanbul.

Finally he's come to his senses! Playing all those clay events was only going to go badly for him with the level of play today! They're gutless for the most part, but even Roger can't hold off "Father Time" for so long on something as slow as clay! Bout time! :nono :angel: :dodgy: :cover

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:

That is interesting. Also, he chooses to play in Toronto as prep for Olympics as well.
He is missing four Masters (all three clay masters and Miami). This means he has 9 weeks
break after IW. That is a long break. But, he is going to be continuously busy from start of RG to end of USO.

I think it is probably best to throw in at least one warm-up tourney before RG. May be just Rome.

Also, I hope this is temporary due to Olympics year. I hope he continues to try to get MC and Rome, the two missing trophies from next year again.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:

Come on, did you seriously expect him to defend Istanbul. The only reason he played there is to pocket 2 million bucks in the first place. But, I am sure they are not rich enough to give him that much money every year.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
1972Murat said:

Come on, did you seriously expect him to defend Istanbul. The only reason he played there is to pocket 2 million bucks in the first place. But, I am sure they are not rich enough to give him that much money every year.

This is what bothers me about players like Roger; never have enough! He'll hang around for a couple more years, probably upset someone, then lose badly against Nole or even Rafa! It really bothers me! :nono :cover :ras: