11. Karen Khachanov
12. Felix Auger-Aliassime
13. Cameron Norrie
14. Tommy Paul
15. Borna Coric
16. Alexander Zverev

STADIUM-FANS-2021_WSOPEN_SOLOMON_055-1024x682.jpg

The Tournament:

The Cincinnati Masters or Cincinnati Open (branded as the Western & Southern Open for sponsorship reasons) is an annual outdoor hardcourt tennis event held in Mason, Ohio, a suburb of Cincinnati. The event started on September 18, 1899, and is the oldest tennis tournament in the United States that is still played in its original city.

The tournament is the second largest summer tennis event in the U.S. after the US Open, as its men's event is one of the Masters 1000 tournaments on the ATP Tour, and its women's event is one of the WTA 1000 events on the WTA Tour.

About Cincinnati:

Cincinnati is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio and the county seat of Hamilton County. Settled in 1788, the city is located at the northern side of the confluence of the Licking and Ohio rivers, the latter of which marks the state line with Kentucky. The city is the economic and cultural hub of the Cincinnati metropolitan area. With an estimated population of 2,265,051, it is Ohio's largest metropolitan area and the nation's 30th-largest, and with a city population of 309,317, Cincinnati is the third-most populous city in Ohio after Columbus and Cleveland, and 65th in the United States. Throughout much of the 19th century, it was among the top 10 U.S. cities by population, surpassed only by New Orleans and the older, established settlements of the United States eastern seaboard, as well as being the sixth-most populous city from 1840 until 1860.

1920px-Cincinnati_Photomontage_V1.jpg

Tourism Video:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
The seeds have changed: Novak is now No. 2, according to Cincinnati’s twitter account and Wikipedia.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Projected QFs by seeds,
Alcaraz (1) vs Ruud (5)
Tsitsipas (4) vs Rublev (7)
Rune (6) vs Medvedev (3)
Sinner (8) vs Djokovic (2)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Notable 1st round matches,

FAA - Berrettini
Tiafoe - Griekspoor
Wawrinka - Nakashima
Eubanks - Shelton
Zeverv - Dimitrov
Norrie - Monfils
Coric- Korda
Murray - Kachanov

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Notable 1st round matches,

FAA - Berrettini
Tiafoe - Griekspoor
Wawrinka - Nakashima
Eubanks - Shelton
Zeverv - Dimitrov
Norrie - Monfils
Coric- Korda
Murray - Kachanov
I'm trying to work my way through the draw challenge without much hope.

FAA and Berrettini were once practically brothers-in-law and are good friends, by all accounts. I'd love to see Berrettini come into the USO on good form...but at the expense of Felix??

Most of those are pretty much coin-flips.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interestingly, Novak could get Davidovich Fokina in his first match. Foki beat him last year in MC, and is trending, even though he hit a wall today. But then Novak could get DeMinaur, also on form. He's going to have to come out sharp.

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm trying to work my way through the draw challenge without much hope.

FAA and Berrettini were once practically brothers-in-law and are good friends, by all accounts. I'd love to see Berrettini come into the USO on good form...but at the expense of Felix??

Most of those are pretty much coin-flips.
FAA dosent have a good draw at all, well my heart with be with Matteo, I would really love for him to find some form, he has been mentally struggling of late., which to me has really affected his confidence, though he played okay against Sinner in Toronto

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looking at the draw, very good opportunity for Rune to reach the QF. I do not see anyone in his section who can trouble him. Unless of course Matteo finds his form quickly (highly unlikely).

If the good Medvedev shows up, he should also reach the QF.

Lastly, I do not see Tsitsipas reaching the final again. I do not trust his form (or head) going into this tournament.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good close 3 set win from my Rising Young Star, Ben Shelton 57 64 64 over Chris Eubanks.,in his first round match
Chris and Ben are playing doubles together this week
Ben gets to play Tsitsipas next:)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA dosent have a good draw at all, well my heart with be with Matteo, I would really love for him to find some form, he has been mentally struggling of late., which to me has really affected his confidence, though he played okay against Sinner in Toronto
Don't understand why y'all like Seniore Matteo's game so much.smh2 .. jajaja

FAA needs to read my post last week because his current strategy he isn't executing it to level to nothing more than Ls

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Don't understand why y'all like Seniore Matteo's game so much.smh2 .. jajaja

FAA needs to read my post last week because his current strategy he isn't executing it to level to nothing more than Ls
What have you got against Italians btw lol!
FAA has a tough draw, for starters he needs to find his 1st serve on a consistent basis, serve is the most important first point in a tennis game it is also a shot you ' can control ?

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thinking of Sinner, now that he's won: he doesn't have have terrible draw before/if he gets Novak. Personally, I'm thinking he should get in some good play, take in his win in Canada, and keep his wick dry for the USO. An earlier exit wouldn't be bad, in this case. Just to a good opponent.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thinking of Sinner, now that he's won: he doesn't have have terrible draw before/if he gets Novak. Personally, I'm thinking he should get in some good play, take in his win in Canada, and keep his wick dry for the USO. An earlier exit wouldn't be bad, in this case. Just to a good opponent.
I see a lot of fans in different forums that Sinner should skip Cincy to be fresh for the USO, I disagree with that idea. I actually think Sinner is physically fresh because he had a W/O (Murray withdrew) so he only played 4 matches this week. In addition, those 4 matches weren't really physical matches.

As for the mental stress/tiredness, I think Sinner will be fine because it was more trying to win a big title than anything. Also, this is where Cahill is crucial as he will keep Sinner humble, but still remind his pupil to enjoy the moment.

Reactions: Kieran

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looking at the draw, very good opportunity for Rune to reach the QF. I do not see anyone in his section who can trouble him. Unless of course Matteo finds his form quickly (highly unlikely).

If the good Medvedev shows up, he should also reach the QF.

Lastly, I do not see Tsitsipas reaching the final again. I do not trust his form (or head) going into this tournament.
I was looking at the points to defend and point differential between Holger and Stephanos. Tsitsipas is currently 300 points above Rune for the #4 spot, going into the USO. The Greek is defending 600 points in Cincy. (He lost in the final to Coric.) Rune is defending only 10. Given the draws, and current form, I'd say Rune has a a good shot at #4.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was looking at the points to defend and point differential between Holger and Stephanos. Tsitsipas is currently 300 points above Rune for the #4 spot, going into the USO. The Greek is defending 600 points in Cincy. (He lost in the final to Coric.) Rune is defending only 10. Given the draws, and current form, I'd say Rune has a a good shot at #4.
Correct! Rune has the highest chance to be #4 seed at the USO.

As for Sinner, the only way he gets to be the #4 seed at the USO is IF reaches the SF AND Ruud and Rune does not reach SF AND Tsitsipas does not reach the Final.

I do think Rune's and Ruud's paths are manageable enough that they will reach the QF stage.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I see a lot of fans in different forums that Sinner should skip Cincy to be fresh for the USO, I disagree with that idea. I actually think Sinner is physically fresh because he had a W/O (Murray withdrew) so he only played 4 matches this week. In addition, those 4 matches weren't really physical matches.

As for the mental stress/tiredness, I think Sinner will be fine because it was more trying to win a big title than anything. Also, this is where Cahill is crucial as he will keep Sinner humble, but still remind his pupil to enjoy the moment.
Totally agree he shouldn't skip Cincy. He's on a roll, and should keep himself sharp. I also agree that he's lucky in Cahill, who will help keep him grounded, and keep eyes on the prize. In all candor, I picked Djokovic to go out early. Could happen. Sinner could go into the USO with a big head of steam, and no reason to shy from that.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner has good momentum now coming off a Masters title win, and confidence, his draw is okay, no way should he withdraw lets see if Novak and Sinner meet in a projected QF
Going into the USO he does have SF point to defend, though first thing first Cinncy