11. Jannik Sinner
12. Felix Auger-Aliassime
13. Roberto Bautista Agut
14. Alex De Minaur
15. David Goffin
16. Cristian Garin

BkLPqz4.jpg

The Tournament:

The Cincinnati Masters (branded as the Western & Southern Open for sponsorship reasons) is an annual outdoor hardcourt tennis event held in Mason near Cincinnati, Ohio. The event started on September 18, 1899 and is the oldest tennis tournament in the United States played in its original city.The tournament is the second largest summer tennis event in the U.S. after the U.S. Open, as its men's portion is one of nine elite Masters 1000 tournaments on the ATP Tour and its women's event is one of five Premier 5 events on the WTA Tour.

About Cincinnati:

Cincinnati is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio and the county seat of Hamilton County. Settled in 1788, the city is located at the northern side of the confluence of the Licking and Ohio rivers, the latter of which marks the state line with Kentucky. The city is the economic and cultural hub of Metro Cincinnati. With an estimated population of 2,190,209, it is Ohio's largest metropolitan area and the nation's 29th-largest,[11] and with a city population of 309,317, Cincinnati is the third-largest city in Ohio and 64th in the United States. Throughout much of the 19th century, it was listed among the top 10 U.S. cities by population, surpassed only by New Orleans and the older, established settlements of the United States eastern seaboard, as well as being the sixth-biggest city for a period spanning 1840 until 1860.

1194px-Cincinnati_Photomontage_V1.jpg

Tourism Video

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
It will be interesting to see how the Olympic Gold Medalist and Wimbledon Finalist (both of whom were MIA in Toronto) perform here.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Cincinnati tournament official's are offering players COVID vaccinations Pfizer or J&J.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Didn't realize this thread was up. I posted this on the general one: I was trying to work my way through the Cincy draw, and I really think Meddie with withdraw. I wonder if Tsitsipas will, and just chill. Babycakes Berrettini is back. Land of opportunity for young players.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Didn't realize this thread was up. I posted this on the general one: I was trying to work my way through the Cincy draw, and I really think Meddie with withdraw. I wonder if Tsitsipas will, and just chill. Babycakes Berrettini is back. Land of opportunity for young players.
I am interested to see if Matteo's thigh injury which forced him to withdraw from the Olympics and Toronto is completely healed.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie,

Medvedev has just announced he has arrived in Cinncy,so no plans to withdraw

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Med is fairly young. He can play cincy and then take a week off and play USO. It won't seriously affect him.

Your opinions got skewed by dealing with old players.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Med is fairly young. He can play cincy and then take a week off and play USO. It won't seriously affect him.

Your opinions got skewed by dealing with old players.
Maybe so, but when he goes out of the USO in the QFs, I don't want to hear you leading the charge that he's "overplaying." ;)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe so, but when he goes out of the USO in the QFs, I don't want to hear you leading the charge that he's "overplaying." ;)

I never accused him of doing that. It was Thiem who was doing overplaying. Actually, even in his case to some extent it was understandable. When you are nobody you sign up for lot of tourneys as you barely win a match or two in each. When you suddenly start having success, you cannot easily pull out of tourneys as you have already committed to them. To some extent, this is what happened to Thiem.

I honestly don't think Med is overplaying.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I never accused him of doing that. It was Thiem who was doing overplaying. Actually, even in his case to some extent it was understandable. When you are nobody you sign up for lot of tourneys as you barely win a match or two in each. When you suddenly start having success, you cannot easily pull out of tourneys as you have already committed to them. To some extent, this is what happened to Thiem.

I honestly don't think Med is overplaying.
No it was Thiem I was thinking of who has often been accused of it. And Rafa, in the past, and they were as young as Daniil. Hey, the ambition not to just play but win all 3 of Canada, Cincy and the USO is a thing. (Roddick and Rafa have both done it,) but Medvedev hasn't got the strongest head out there, and this was an olympic year. Maybe he'll be fine.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So what goes on, lots of rain? Sinner won on his birthday, he's not a teenager anymore.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know who hacked Fiero's account, but I've agreed with him 3 times today. (Including about Coric.) I don't have a fever, so it must be a glitch in the Matix. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here's a throw-back match for you...Gasquet v. Murray. And what an opening point! Go, Andy!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Vintage Murray for the break!