11 Roberto Bautista Agut
12 Borna Coric
13 John Isner
14 Marin Cilic
15 Nikoloz Basilashvili
16 David Goffin

BkLPqz4.jpg

The Tournament:

The Cincinnati Masters (currently sponsored by the Western & Southern Financial Group and called the Western & Southern Open) is the second largest summer tennis event in the U.S. after the U.S. Open, as its men's portion is one of nine elite Masters 1000 tournaments on the ATP World Tour and its women's event is one of five Premier 5 events on the WTA Tour.

The tournament began in 1899 and is the oldest tennis tournament in the United States.

About Cincinnati

Cincinnati is the third largest city in Ohio. As the first major US city founded after the American Revolution, as well as its first major inland city, it is considered the first "purely American city." Though its influence has fallen off since its heyday in the 19th Century, it still carries political importance, as well as being a major sports hub, home of the baseball Reds and NFL Bengals. Early immigrants to Cincinnati were largely German, which is reflected in foods and festivals even today. The Oktoberfest Zinnzinnati is the largest outside of Bavaria, and their Bockfest is the oldest celebration of bock beers in the US.

VzFhgkB.jpg

bOSLl64.jpg

31exw5N.jpg

Tourism Video

Last edited:
Reactions: britbox and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Someone said on the other thread that Rafa's got the easy one, Novak medium and Roger tougher, I guess that's true. EDIT: That was GSM and he thinks Novak has the worst one, and Roger in the middle. I guess it depends on how the draw shakes out, but a lot of the more dangerous players are in the top half, and Fed is drawn there, too.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Someone said on the other thread that Rafa's got the easy one, Novak medium and Roger tougher, I guess that's true. EDIT: That was GSM and he thinks Novak has the worst one, and Roger in the middle. I guess it depends on how the draw shakes out, but a lot of the more dangerous players are in the top half, and Fed is drawn there, too.

Do you think Rafa will play Cinncy if he defends his title in Montreal?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Do you think Rafa will play Cinncy if he defends his title in Montreal?
Good question. He has a sweet draw. If he's feeling good and rested, I think he should, for the momentum. If he's feeling tired and wants to rest the knees for USO, then he should bail out.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good question. He has a sweet draw. If he's feeling good and rested, I think he should, for the momentum. If he's feeling tired and wants to rest the knees for USO, then he should bail out.

Yep just looked at his draw,lets see how his s/final and hopefully final pan out:)

Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafael can sleepwalking into SF at Cincy. So, I don't think he will skip it even if he wins Montreal.

Further, due to multiple clay losses this year, I guess Rafa has played less matches (even though the same number of tourneys) than usual and hence, playing in Cincy won't bother him too much.

If he does not win title this week, he will definitely play Cincy, needless to say.

Reactions: Fiero425

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafael can sleepwalking into SF at Cincy. So, I don't think he will skip it even if he wins Montreal.

Further, due to multiple clay losses this year, I guess Rafa has played less matches (even though the same number of tourneys) than usual and hence, playing in Cincy won't bother him too much.

If he does not win title this week, he will definitely play Cincy, needless to say.

Cincy is an awful court for Nadal. He won't play Cincy if he wins this week even with a donut draw.

Somewhat tough draw for Roger, without the 2nd rank in play it doesn't matter much. The life and death tournament comes after.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Cincy is an awful court for Nadal. He won't play Cincy if he wins this week even with a donut draw.

Somewhat tough draw for Roger, without the 2nd rank in play it doesn't matter much. The life and death tournament comes after.

I can already see the WD coming! I would start penalizing players for this crap even if it helps ticket sales! It's just not right knowing ahead of time a player will probably pull out of a tourn. just before it begins! No one does it more; esp. in big events! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :rolleyes:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw that cleavage in OP last year. Although worth seeing again, does not hurt to see new ones (if the OP has enough time in hands), or at least new photos in different years.

p.s. I know people are doing this as a service voluntarily and am not picking on them.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Looking forward to a Novak-Kyrgios QF!!!
Hopefully he beats this Greek peasant in straights.
Shut him up like Daniil last year in NY.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looking forward to a Novak-Kyrgios QF!!!
Hopefully he beats this Greek peasant in straights.
Shut him up like Daniil last year in NY.
Kyrgios has a couple of tasty matches before then... but the needle between them makes it potentially an interesting scenario.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Kyrgios has a couple of tasty matches before then... but the needle between them makes it potentially an interesting scenario.
Yeah I like this extra thing between them! Feels bit like fight between Nate and Khabib, hope this also happens!

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I saw that cleavage in OP last year. Although worth seeing again, does not hurt to see new ones (if the OP has enough time in hands), or at least new photos in different years.

p.s. I know people are doing this as a service voluntarily and am not picking on them.

Fixed!

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Did you actually add more pics with guys later? I checked just after your post and it was only one, now is a storm of guys there LOL.

Luckily there is a last year thread just below this one. It's all Mr. Math's fault

OK, here you go. A pic of the Cincinnati [American] football cheerleaders:

DA35C5D5-E109-4AE2-8C76-6534503A187E.jpeg