Cincinnati Masters 2023, Ohio, US - ATP Masters 1000

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Correct! Rune has the highest chance to be #4 seed at the USO.

As for Sinner, the only way he gets to be the #4 seed at the USO is IF reaches the SF AND Ruud and Rune does not reach SF AND Tsitsipas does not reach the Final.

I do think Rune's and Ruud's paths are manageable enough that they will reach the QF stage.
Thanks for laying that out. Another good reason for Sinner to play and do well. It's not impossible that all of those things happen. I don't see Tsitsipas in the final, and Ruud is not especially trending. Rune needs Patrick and everyone he loves back in his box...stat!

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In regards to Rune, he will have to lift his game and performance in Cinncy, he imploded in Toronto, in a winnable match, look like he didnt want to be on court, went out early quite frankly where he shouldn't

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am also interested to see how Alcaraz responds in Cinncy his matches in Toronto were a lot to be desired, erratic points, slow starts

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rune is losing early at Toronto is not surprising due to him still trying to learn to navigate a full season. He is only 20 years old. However, if he does lose early at Cincy with his draw meaning he does not reach QF, then he might need to start looking at the mirror or start change on how he handles the in and outs of every tournament.

All in all, I think Rune will be fine at Cincy

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rune is losing early at Toronto is not surprising due to him still trying to learn to navigate a full season. He is only 20 years old. However, if he does lose early at Cincy with his draw meaning he does not reach QF, then he might need to start looking at the mirror or start change on how he handles the in and outs of every tournament.

All in all, I think Rune will be fine at Cincy
It was his attitude on court? in Toronto, like he didnt want to be there at all, imploded, in a winable match, regardless of being 20 years old.
Alcaraz is also 20 old he seems to play the tour okay dosent he?
Lets see if his attitude improves and game in Cinncy his draw is okay

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Apparently Cincy has already started. Eubanks already out. One barely has time to catch a breath!

Reactions: Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently Cincy has already started. Eubanks already out. One barely has time to catch a breath!
Yes my Rising Star Ben Shelton won in 3 entertaining sets, Chris and Ben are also playing doubles, Ben gets to play Tsitipas next :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
And I hope Ben takes him out.
Co signed :) though Ben of late has had sub par results, so unless the Greek has a really off day, I assume he will win, at least AP will give me a 'brownie point" for picking him

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
IMG_3553.jpeg

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would also like to add that I think this will be the tournament in which I think Sinner and his team will focus more on the fundamentals meaning like improving his serve percentage, technique and etc…

Now that Sinner has won a big title and has taken the monkey off his back, he will go back on trying to improve his game incrementally. Cincy will be the ideal tournament as just came from a huge win AND he should be physically fresh by only playing 4 matches at Toronto.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Notable first round matches,

Borna Coric (15) defending champion vs Seb Korda
A. Zverev (16) vs Grigor Dimitrov
FAA vs Matteo Berrettini
(WC) Stan Wawrinka vs (WC) B. Nakashima

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Finally,
M.Berrettini v FAA match on Grandstand has just started
Matches on some of the outside courts started as well.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
How many times have they played against each other this Summer. At least 3 times if I'm not mistaken

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Finally,
M.Berrettini v FAA match on Grandstand has just started
Matches on some of the outside courts started as well.
Well we know ONLY El Dude and myself are going to be rooting for FAA ...all the ladies on this board are rooting for their beloved Seniore'Matteo whom probably possess two left slow feet on the dance floor by the way he moves around on the tennis courts

• Haha
Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well we know ONLY El Dude and myself are going to be rooting for FAA ...all the ladies on this board are rooting for their beloved Seniore'Matteo whom probably possess two left slow feet on the dance floor by the way he moves around on the tennis courts
Be kind to my Italian he has been to hell and back, I will happily move him around any dance floor he wishes :)
I am not liking that growth on Felix face he needs to shave it off
Good news for you and El Dude he just broke Matteo's serve in the 2nd set, leads 4-1. Matteo won the 1st set 64

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Be kind to my Italian he has been to hell and back, I will happily move him around any dance floor he wishes :)
I am not liking that growth on Felix face he needs to shave it off
Good news for you and El Dude he just broke Matteo's serve in the 2nd set, leads 4-1. Matteo won the 1st set 64
Why is he wearing that awful neon green? You couldn't miss him in a dark alley...