Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't get it lol

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't get it lol

Basically it's not up to the ATP to decide whether Djokovic can enter the country and play the tournament, it's up to Djokovic to let them know that he can't play and then withdraw. Clearly he didn't do it yet so maybe he's still trying to find a way to get into the country until the last minute by again trying to bend the rules. Everyone knows that he can't enter but he's stubborn and clearly doesn't care about ruining the draw. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What in the world?!
My sentiments, exactly. I thought Novak had conceded he can't get into the US. This is not about the tournament, it's about US immigration. I know things lightened up here in the last week, even. But is he really just about to swan in?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just returned home from work and still no word as yet if Novak will be allowed to play....

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
My sentiments, exactly. I thought Novak had conceded he can't get into the US. This is not about the tournament, it's about US immigration. I know things lightened up here in the last week, even. But is he really just about to swan in?
Moxie....do you think Novak has a chance to play at IW, if so,he then will be allowed to play at Miami

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie....do you think Novak has a chance to play at IW, if so,he then will be allowed to play at Miami
I can find nothing to say that non-vaccinated non-nationals can enter the US. But, if that has changed, and he gets into the US to play IW, he should be fine to play Miami...then he's in the US. There is no restriction across states borders here.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie

Why he is then trying to use a CDC pass,to me that is trying to get through the back door?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Your rules are tough arent they,again he is trying to bend the rules to suit himself?
Our rules are tough here, as they are in Oz. But I don't think he can even try to bend them. If he's not allowed in unvaccinated, that's it. If he's allowed in on a previous Covid positive w/in 3 months, that's possible. But Indian Wells, as a tournament, has nothing to say about that.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie

Why he is then trying to use a CDC pass,to me that is trying to get through the back door?
I don't know what you mean about CDC pass, unless that means his previous Covid positive. In the US, it has been that it had to be within 3 months, and if his paperwork is to be believed, (which the BBC and Der Spiegel have both disputed,) then he skates in under the wire.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie,

This was originally posted by the tournament officials at IW
It has not been determind if he will participate in the event by getting a CDC approval to enter the country,some type of medical pass.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie,

This was originally posted by the tournament officials at IW
It has not been determind if he will participate in the event by getting a CDC approval to enter the country
I saw that mentioned in an article on the ATP website, as well. "CDC approval." I really don't know what that means, except that it gets to your question of a "back-door" channel. Can the CDC override the State Department mandates? I would find that really surprising and weird. And why would they? On what grounds? NB: and @the AntiPusher: I tried to fill out my draw challenge, and Djokovic is still in. I'll be standing by on that.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw that mentioned in an article on the ATP website, as well. "CDC approval." I really don't know what that means, except that it gets to your question of a "back-door" channel. Can the CDC override the State Department mandates? I would find that really surprising and weird. And why would they? On what grounds? NB: and @the AntiPusher: I tried to fill out my draw challenge, and Djokovic is still in. I'll be standing by on that.
Okay...I did QFs potential seeding if they hold up on the 1st page and had Djokovic in it....let us see what finally happens.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Okay...I did QFs potential seeding if they hold up on the 1st page and had Djokovic in it....let us see what finally happens.
I'm really stunned that he's willing to keep playing this down to the last second. Again. There must be a lot of lawyers tap-dancing as fast as they can, right now. If he does get in, I don't think the public sentiment will be so riled against him. I doubt most will notice that it is controversial.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm really stunned that he's willing to keep playing this down to the last second. Again. There must be a lot of lawyers tap-dancing as fast as they can, right now. If he does get in, I don't think the public sentiment will be so riled against him. I doubt most will notice that it is controversial.
Well I have lost all respect for him,he knows the vaccination status in IW,he also said after the AO he was prepared to sit out tournaments because he is unvaccinated and refuses to get vaccinated? ,again he is trying to enter through the back door,as far as I am concerned 'it is all about him'.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW if you aren't allowed to enter a country,you shouldn't be allowed to enter the draw of a tournament in that country?
It is that simple no?