BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2022 - ATP Masters 1000

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I have lost all respect for him,he knows the vaccination status in IW,he also said after the AO he was prepared to sit out tournaments because he is unvaccinated and refuses to get vaccinated? ,again he is trying to enter through the back door,as far as I am concerned 'it is all about him'.
Well KsSkate.. My Paramount plus streaming service is down which means I can't see my FBI shows and I cant finish my draw challenge because of this IW drama! Darn it. Is there some good competitive banter on the Site and Maintenance thread? jajajaja..Maybe DarthFed is there? jajaja

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal's potential route to the final.
!st Rd Bye
2nd Rd Korda
3rd Rd Evans
4th Rd Shapovalov
QF Ruud
SF Medvedev
Final Djokovic

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Rafa Nadal's potential route to the final.
!st Rd Bye
2nd Rd Korda
3rd Rd Evans
4th Rd Shapovalov
QF Ruud
SF Medvedev
Final Djokovic
So Djokovic is playing Margaret?? Interesting, Murray is down by him in the draw early, and I see Isner as well. I wonder how sharp he will be. I have heard the courts are playing slow, but I suppose that opinion depends on who you ask. I am a Rafa fan so, I hope he does win the tournament. Should prove interesting.....

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I have the all Drama Queen Final.. Novak to defeat Sacha in the finals. jajajaj

Ellentonboy

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
It's funny, I saw a Twitter post from the tournament itself regarding Novak. It said yes he was in the draw, but they were waiting for confirmation from the CDC regarding, of course, his vaccination status and they were not entirely sure he was going to be allowed to compete. Now this was like 17 hours ago so maybe things have changed but I just thought I would mention that.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's funny, I saw a Twitter post from the tournament itself regarding Novak. It said yes he was in the draw, but they were waiting for confirmation from the CDC regarding, of course, his vaccination status and they were not entirely sure he was going to be allowed to compete. Now this was like 17 hours ago so maybe things have changed but I just thought I would mention that.
That was the word yesterday when the draw was released.Still now word if Novak received this CDC medical pass,no word from him or his team either at the present time.I still have 'no words'.....
As Moxie explained to me yesterday.,like in Australia,this is up to the Immigration department in the US.,to allow Novak to enter.

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I don't think he can get in...
Directly from the cdc site that was last updated Jan 27, 2022
1646860035986.png

1646860089047.png

Attachments

• 1646859465253.png
    1646859465253.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 47

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well KsSkate.. My Paramount plus streaming service is down which means I can't see my FBI shows and I cant finish my draw challenge because of this IW drama! Darn it. Is there some good competitive banter on the Site and Maintenance thread? jajajaja..Maybe DarthFed is there? jajaja
I like the idea of setting up a rough and tumble on the Site Maintenance thread. Sorely underused place for a good dog-fight around here. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

That said, only a few hours on the Djokovic watch to complete the draw challenge. We may have to roll the dice on that one. My distraction made me miss the WTA one. And I encouraged people to join! :anxious-face-with-sweat:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak Djokovic has withdrawn.As the next player in line to be seeded,Dimitrov will move into Djokovic's space in the draw and a LL from qualifying will move into Dimitrov's space in the draw once qualifying is complete

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The mens draw will remain unbalanced as No 7 Rublev will be the highest seed in that bottom quarter as a result

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wanted to give Novak the benefit of the doubt but it really was irresponsible for someone involved, including IW itself, to tease his participation.

Tommy Haas, there really is no excuse for this.

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Novak Djokovic,

"While I was automatically listed in the BNPParibas Open and Miami Open draw I knew it would be unlikely I'd be able to travel.The CDC has confirmed that regulations won't be changing so I won't be able to play in the US.Good luck to those playing in these great tournaments".