Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Medvedev in five sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
In a way I guess the tennis gods would say the guy who beat Djokovic should (and did) win it, but he got lucky, very lucky. Medvedev's extra 6+ hours on court hurt him big time and he had to finish it in 3 sets to win.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Mornin gang. Seeing the outcome. Is Meddy going to ball like Fed did here?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I like both of them but it's heartbreaking for Medvedev for losing another final from 2 sets up. Needs to get to the next final fresher obviously if he gets the chance to make another. Less rubbish passive play in set 3 would've won it for him. Needs to cut that rubbish out cos he actually started set 4 super aggressive getting well into Sinner's first service game and played far better than he did towards the end of set 3 which he blew.
Daniil s issues are that he is a big guy that plays like a smaller man.He needs to learn to impose his will more in the front court instead of behind the baseline. ( It's similar to the NBA when you have a 7 footer who would rather hangout around the free throw line instead of not imposing his will around the basket.) That's a mental attitude approach adjustment he will have to make or he will always be vulnerable to such crushing blown sets advantages.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Daniil s issues are that he is a big guy that plays like a smaller man.He needs to learn to impose his will more in the front court instead of behind the baseline. ( It's similar to the NBA when you have a 7 footer who would rather hangout around the free throw line instead of not imposing his will around the basket.) That's a mental attitude approach adjustment he will have to make it he will always be vulnerable to such crushing blown sets advantages.
Yup, the standing miles behind the baseline is total bs too. Look at how easily he won the few points he ventured to the net to finish off the points or served and volleyed.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Congrats to Jannik. The torch has officially been passed to the new generation.

Medvedev is looking more like this generation's Cilic.
Maybe when El dude creates a thread, "the end of the Big 3 is officially here ". Well I still feel we about a year away from that picture.

• Haha
Reactions: El Dude

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
that stuff cracks me up. The winner always says I'm certain you will lift the trophy here. I'm glad someone is certain, cuz I don't see it happening. Meddy fell off the cliff when he lost to Nads. Took the boy forever and a day before he won even a 250 again.

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tennis is a tough mental battle
It is AP. I just didn't think Daniil will lose in this way again, being 2 sets to love up. Once Sinner took the 3rd set, I knew he was not going to blew it, but Daniil will have to earn it and he ran out of gas by the 5th set. Sinner is a tough guy, showed great mentality in his last 2 matches here. All praise to him for a great comeback today.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Why is Schett trying to claim him as an austrian.He is Italian...

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ his part of Italy was part of Austria-Hungary Empire at start of First World War if memory serves. The Hapsburg Dynasty encompassed many nations and ethnicities. It would not surprise me he speaks German in the home as I think it is the first language of over 65% of the people in South Tyrol in norther Italy and he’s from near there I do believe.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Congrats to Jannik Sinner. I went to sleep after the third set hoping that he might turn things around. Daniil will need to find a way to get through the early rounds better and faster.

Reactions: don_fabio