2024 ATP General News

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Is a player allowed to get in the face of a linesperson and abuse them? I dont think so, Rublev went over to the linesperson and got in his face and verbally abused him? is that acceptable? we are also talking about a player that does have anger issues, and this is nt the first time he has verbally abused? quite frankly someone in his team/ or manager should advise him to go to anger management courses,
The umpire/tournament director have the right and the rules to behind them to make the call, it is not a matter of 'over stepping' in my view, yes all incidents have to be based on what goes on in a match, to me the ranking points and prize money should have stood, then it might have been a 'wake up' call for Rublev to do something about his temper.Yaddah Yaddah I will try and be a better player and person Talk the Talk Rublev! he only said that after he got his ranking points and prize money back? of course this will be forgotton because he has come on Twitter and posted, just like Zverev did it is a Joke!
It is About Time for the Weak ATP to stop this verbal abuse from players, in other work places it is Not Acceptable full stop,! so why should it be accepted in tennis! These linespeople I have interviewed them at a tournament in Sydney a few years ago, they do it because they love the game why should they be open to this verbal abuse!
Rublev didnt have the decency in his post to apologize to the lines person that he went up to and got in his face and verbally abused him? I dont think anyone can defend his actions full stop
Why apologize if you don't think you did anything wrong? The ATP just rubber stamped his behavior instead of standing with their tourney officials

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
John McEnroe was defaulted for poor behavior in which no one was struck, too. This is not without precedent. I'm still mulling this one over. I don't think it matters if Rublev used bad language. Did you see him screaming in the lines person's face? As I think @kskate2 pointed out, or maybe Margaret...do you get to act like this in the workplace? Do people deserve to be so abused? It was K who pointed out that he could have challlenged the call, rather than going straight for the lines person.

Rublev has since spoken about his anger-management issues, and that it doesn't serve him. Truthfully, and poignantly, I think.

And she lost the match because of it.

Rublev was leading in that set by a break, and nearly two. He was mad at himself. Do people deserve to be abused if you're angry at yourself? I agree that it may have been an "overreach," but tennis tends to decorum. I don't actually mind that. Letter of the law, I guess the ATP had to back down. But Rublev has a lot to think about and deal with, and he seems to know it.
Mac and Serena were penalized, yes. Rublev lost his :pile-of-poo:, also yes. But from everything that I’ve read, there has yet to be definitive proof that he swore at the lines person, not in any of the recordings. Bublik was there and although Kazakh by citizenship, he is Russsian born and raised and understands the language.. He defended Rublev. Anger management issues? Yes he has them. Many of the games greats battled with similar demons. In this case, in my opinion, they went too far without proper evidence to back up such measures.

Some are calling the ATP wimpy, watered down, spineless or feckless. If ever there was a time where there is public support against angry outbursts (in my life), now is the time. If you think the ATP hasn’t listened to and watched the incident from every angle, that’s one opinion.. I am pretty sure they exhausted every lead and had Russian interpreters who could read lips, by their side. Hence the retraction. When they had the evidence, they did not backpedal, whether with Serena, Novak or Mac. Rublev isn’t even close to any of them in importance.

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Here is the relevant section of the ATP Rulebook which covers line umpires. I’ve added bold text to sections pertinent to this discussion.

Line Umpire Responsibilities:

1) Carry out all duties in accordance with the approved procedures of ATP.
2) Not catch balls or hold towels for a player.
3) Not leave the court without permission of the Chair Umpire.
4) Dress uniformly with other Line Umpires as prescribed by the tournament and/or ATP.
5) Sit erect with both feet on the ground with arms resting on his or her legs.
6) Concentrate on the assigned line; conversation with spectators or others is to be avoided.
7) Be accountable to the Chair Umpire only and have no discussions with the players. A player’s questions must always be referred to the Chair Umpire. However, a Line Umpire may answer a reasonably precise question if it relates to a call, especially foot faults, unless that call has been overruled.
8) Move away from the on-court chair if necessary to get the best view possible of the assigned line.
9) Make all calls as quickly as possible, maintaining consistency and accuracy. On very close calls a fraction of a second’s hesitation is recommended to make sure that the call is correct.
10) Never call a ball “Out” until it actually hits out or it hits a permanent fixture.
11) Make “Out,” “Fault,” “Net” and “Foot Fault” calls loudly and crisply followed by the
appropriate hand signal. Foot faults are never called until the serve is struck.
12) Do not make a call for a “good” ball. However, whenever there is a close call on a good ball, the “good” ball hand signals should be given quickly to confirm the call.
13) When there is an erroneous call, immediately call “Correction” so that the Chair Umpire and the players are aware of the error. Then, make the corrected call.
14) Do not give an opinion on a call that is not his or her responsibility.
15) Remain silent if the Chair Umpire overrules a call. Direct player inquiries to the Chair Umpire.
16) If directed by the Chair Umpire to identify a mark, and the Line Umpire is sure of the location of the mark, the Line Umpire should walk directly to the mark and point to it in a manner that is clear to the Chair Umpire. The Line Umpire should then return to his position without comment.
17) Promptly yield to the Chair Umpire when unsighted on a call.
18) If the Line Umpire sees that he or she may hinder a player’s stroke, make a reasonable effort to get out of the way, but in so doing, make as little movement as possible.
19) When there are Code Violations by players not witnessed by the Chair Umpire, inform the Chair Umpire immediately or as soon as is reasonable prior to the start of the next point, without disrupting a point or the match. The Line Umpire should quickly approach the Chair Umpire and report the facts of the violation.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Together with ITFTennis we have decided to hit pause on this year's Hopman Cup as it is so close to the Olympics.We cant wait to welcome you back in 2025 in the Cote d'Azur

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Here is the relevant section of the ATP Rulebook which covers line umpires. I’ve added bold text to sections pertinent to this discussion.

Line Umpire Responsibilities:

1) Carry out all duties in accordance with the approved procedures of ATP.
2) Not catch balls or hold towels for a player.
3) Not leave the court without permission of the Chair Umpire.
4) Dress uniformly with other Line Umpires as prescribed by the tournament and/or ATP.
5) Sit erect with both feet on the ground with arms resting on his or her legs.
6) Concentrate on the assigned line; conversation with spectators or others is to be avoided.
7) Be accountable to the Chair Umpire only and have no discussions with the players. A player’s questions must always be referred to the Chair Umpire. However, a Line Umpire may answer a reasonably precise question if it relates to a call, especially foot faults, unless that call has been overruled.
8) Move away from the on-court chair if necessary to get the best view possible of the assigned line.
9) Make all calls as quickly as possible, maintaining consistency and accuracy. On very close calls a fraction of a second’s hesitation is recommended to make sure that the call is correct.
10) Never call a ball “Out” until it actually hits out or it hits a permanent fixture.
11) Make “Out,” “Fault,” “Net” and “Foot Fault” calls loudly and crisply followed by the
appropriate hand signal. Foot faults are never called until the serve is struck.
12) Do not make a call for a “good” ball. However, whenever there is a close call on a good ball, the “good” ball hand signals should be given quickly to confirm the call.
13) When there is an erroneous call, immediately call “Correction” so that the Chair Umpire and the players are aware of the error. Then, make the corrected call.
14) Do not give an opinion on a call that is not his or her responsibility.
15) Remain silent if the Chair Umpire overrules a call. Direct player inquiries to the Chair Umpire.
16) If directed by the Chair Umpire to identify a mark, and the Line Umpire is sure of the location of the mark, the Line Umpire should walk directly to the mark and point to it in a manner that is clear to the Chair Umpire. The Line Umpire should then return to his position without comment.
17) Promptly yield to the Chair Umpire when unsighted on a call.
18) If the Line Umpire sees that he or she may hinder a player’s stroke, make a reasonable effort to get out of the way, but in so doing, make as little movement as possible.
19) When there are Code Violations by players not witnessed by the Chair Umpire, inform the Chair Umpire immediately or as soon as is reasonable prior to the start of the next point, without disrupting a point or the match. The Line Umpire should quickly approach the Chair Umpire and report the facts of the violation.
So if you go back and watch the replay, a lines person does approach the chair umpire and tells her that Rublev swore in Russian. She calls the supervisor out who then questions Red and asks him to repeat what he said. Rublev never does. He states he wasn't even using Russian only English and then implies that the lines person lied,

Last edited:
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
American Steve Johnson has officially retired from tennis today at IW ( he was defeated in the qualifying rounds)
4 ATP Tour Singles titles
Career High ATP Ranking of 21
Men's Doubles Bronze Medalist at 2016 Olympics

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mac and Serena were penalized, yes. Rublev lost his :pile-of-poo:, also yes. But from everything that I’ve read, there has yet to be definitive proof that he swore at the lines person, not in any of the recordings. Bublik was there and although Kazakh by citizenship, he is Russsian born and raised and understands the language.. He defended Rublev. Anger management issues? Yes he has them. Many of the games greats battled with similar demons. In this case, in my opinion, they went too far without proper evidence to back up such measures.
Again, IMO it doesn't matter if he swore or not. The first time I saw the incident, I had the TV on mute, and I found it pretty aggressive. I don't think using what anyone would consider a swear word should have bearing on that. There are penalties for "unsportsmanlike conduct" and "verbal abuse." His conduct qualifies as both. I think the question is if he had piled enough offenses to be chucked out. I don't know if he'd already been warned, and how much leeway there is for the tournament to jump past the 3-strikes for extremely egregious behavior. Clearly, the tournament director thought so.

Actually, I found this in an article:

Under the Rules and Regulations of tennis, when a player violates a rule or does not follow the tennis code of conduct, the umpire or tournament official can issue one of the following (Section IV, Article C, Item 18 – “Unsportsmanlike Conduct”):

• Point Penalty
  • Suspension Point
A third code of conduct offence can lead to a default, but Rublev did not go through that process before he was told his time in Dubai was finished by ATP supervisor Herfel.

Rublev was defaulted using the evidence presented by the line judge, but he was adamant he did not make the comment that led to his removal from the tournament.

Some are calling the ATP wimpy, watered down, spineless or feckless. If ever there was a time where there is public support against angry outbursts (in my life), now is the time. If you think the ATP hasn’t listened to and watched the incident from every angle, that’s one opinion.. I am pretty sure they exhausted every lead and had Russian interpreters who could read lips, by their side. Hence the retraction. When they had the evidence, they did not backpedal, whether with Serena, Novak or Mac. Rublev isn’t even close to any of them in importance.
You mention Serena, Novak and J-Mac. Those incidents were all at Majors, so not governed by the ATP. (Serena isn't, anyway, of course. Also, she wasn't DQ'd. She got a point assessment on MP against, and so she simply lost the match on a conduct point violation, if we're talking about the same incident.) As to Novak, that wasn't a judgement call...he hit someone and hurt them. Automatic.

I'm inclined to agree with Margaret and K that it's poor form of the ATP to back-track on the tournament director's decision. As K says, then why give them that discretion? Also, Rublev could have challenged the call, though he didn't stop play. What really bothers me is that there is no statement that I can find by the ATP about their decision. Certainly nothing on their website. I think they absolutely should make a statement. If any one has seen such a statement, please post it.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Again, IMO it doesn't matter if he swore or not. The first time I saw the incident, I had the TV on mute, and I found it pretty aggressive. I don't think using what anyone would consider a swear word should have bearing on that. There are penalties for "unsportsmanlike conduct" and "verbal abuse." His conduct qualifies as both. I think the question is if he had piled enough offenses to be chucked out. I don't know if he'd already been warned, and how much leeway there is for the tournament to jump past the 3-strikes for extremely egregious behavior. Clearly, the tournament director thought so.

Actually, I found this in an article:

Under the Rules and Regulations of tennis, when a player violates a rule or does not follow the tennis code of conduct, the umpire or tournament official can issue one of the following (Section IV, Article C, Item 18 – “Unsportsmanlike Conduct”):

• Point Penalty
  • Suspension Point
A third code of conduct offence can lead to a default, but Rublev did not go through that process before he was told his time in Dubai was finished by ATP supervisor Herfel.

Rublev was defaulted using the evidence presented by the line judge, but he was adamant he did not make the comment that led to his removal from the tournament.

You mention Serena, Novak and J-Mac. Those incidents were all at Majors, so not governed by the ATP. (Serena isn't, anyway, of course. Also, she wasn't DQ'd. She got a point assessment on MP against, and so she simply lost the match on a conduct point violation, if we're talking about the same incident.) As to Novak, that wasn't a judgement call...he hit someone and hurt them. Automatic.

I'm inclined to agree with Margaret and K that it's poor form of the ATP to back-track on the tournament director's decision. As K says, then why give them that discretion? Also, Rublev could have challenged the call, though he didn't stop play. What really bothers me is that there is no statement that I can find by the ATP about their decision. Certainly nothing on their website. I think they absolutely should make a statement. If any one has seen such a statement, please post it.
Let's add a bit of insult to injury. On ARod's show it says the ball was clearly out. So Red did all that huffing, puffing and postering to blame everyone else but the mirror that he let the lead get away.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Let's add a bit of insult to injury. On ARod's show it says the ball was clearly out. So Red did all that huffing, puffing and postering to blame everyone else but the mirror that he let the lead get away.
Yes, he clearly exploded because he'd had a break lead, and BP for a two-break lead. He could have put up his hand to see if the chair would have allowed the challenge...I DO think it's fair that a guy has to play the ball, with a split second to think about it. Instead, he ran straight over to harangue the lines person.

Still, this is what I'd like to know from the ATP:

1.) On what basis did they overturn the tournament director's decision? Was it that he should have been given a warning, not expelled? Was it that he didn't say the curse word that he was accused of saying? If so, would it have been OK to throw him out if he HAD said the swear word? What of the abuse of that linesman?

2.) Does the tournament director have no discretion as to behavior in what is, in fact, their tournament?

They may or may not clarify things for the players and tournaments, but I think they owe it to the public to clarify for us, as well. Rublev is calling for a review of the rules. Review, or clarification, but the ATP should be clear.

Last year, when Zverev violently smacked the umpire's chair after losing his doubles match in Mexico, he was defaulted from the entire tournament, fined and given a 6-week ban, which was suspended, and he played in Indian Wells. These are the kinds of things that make the ATP look toothless. Why impose a ban, only to suspend it? A ban would hurt a multi-millionaire player more than even a hefty fine...further loss of income and points.

The ATP represents both the players and the tournaments, which has inherent problems. The WTA does, too, but does a better job at standing on principles, to some extent. The ATP's guiding principle seems to be, "Don't Shake the Money Tree."

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
After Berlin in 2024, the Laver Cup announces that San Francisco and Chase Center will host the 2025 event. ( Rod Laver just lives down the coast in San Diego)

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I saw yesterday that Nadal withdrew from IW. Why would he do and exhibition with Alcaraz before his return and risk his health? Now he’s going to attempt his return via clay. I didn’t hold out much hope that he would return at a high level, but now I’m wondering if he can even achieve Murray’s.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw yesterday that Nadal withdrew from IW. Why would he do and exhibition with Alcaraz before his return and risk his health? Now he’s going to attempt his return via clay. I didn’t hold out much hope that he would return at a high level, but now I’m wondering if he can even achieve Murray’s.
I think Rafa thought being out of match play since he had to withdraw before the AO, he did a micro tear in Brisbane, coming back and play a exho,would be the best way of easing himself back ( btw the exho was to be played earlier in the year, though it was cancelled due to Rafa's withdrawal at the AO), which in hindsight was a good idea.,he arrived at IW earlier to prepare, though he suffered a contrature tighening in his back after arriving, he stated he could not play at a high level and decided to withdraw from IW.I watched him after the expo at IW in practice he was hardly serving and could not bend his back,
Look he had to start somewhere, how does any player know if he is going to be okay health wise until they take the court? after watching him the other day I was not surprised he decided to withdraw. I mean the back contrature could happen on clay, couldnt it.

Last edited:
Reactions: nehmeth

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

No one ever said Rafa was the sharpest knife in the drawer! He has sabotaged his entire career as far as I'm concerned, being single-minded, overplaying on clay, coming & going from the tour as he pleases over the years, & not just letting it go when in a bad spot! You see what's happened to the guy w/ so much heart it's actually taken a toll on his body! There are probably 50+ year olds in better physical shape than Rafa! He's an idiot along w/ his family & team of sycophants who've kept this $#!t going for so long; now for well over a year! :fearful-face: :astonished-face: :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No one ever said Rafa was the sharpest knife in the drawer! He has sabotaged his entire career as far as I'm concerned, being single-minded, overplaying on clay, coming & going from the tour as he pleases over the years, & not just letting it go when in a bad spot! You see what's happened to the guy w/ so much heart it's actually taken a toll on his body! There are probably 50+ year olds in better physical shape than Rafa! He's an idiot along w/ his family & team of sycophants who've kept this $#!t going for so long; now for well over a year! :fearful-face: :astonished-face:
Well I expected that answer from you, you have Never Been A Fan of Rafa, your hate and contempt of Rafa, coming out big time, seeing you didn not know the circumstances of his withdrawal for starters?, calling him an idiot, along with his family and his team of sycophants? try to have a nice day won't you now that you have got that crap off your chest!

Last edited:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think Rafa thought being out of match play since he had to withdraw before the AO, he did a micro tear in Brisbane, coming back and play a exho,would be the best way of easing himself back ( btw the exho was to be played earlier in the year, though it was cancelled due to Rafa's withdrawal at the AO), which in hindsight was a good idea.,he arrived at IW earlier to prepare, though he suffered a contrature tighening in his back after arriving, he stated he could not play at a high level and decided to withdraw from IW.I watched him after the expo at IW in practice he was hardly serving and could not bend his back,
Look he had to start somewhere, how does any player know if he is going to be okay health wise until they take the court? after watching him the other day I was not surprised he decided to withdraw. I mean the back contrature could happen on clay, couldnt it.
Thanks Margaret. I never thought he would attempt a comeback unless he was back to or near his best level. Then he withdrew from Brisbane. Then I watched his ‘match’ with Carlos. Fingers crossed there won’t be further niggling injuries to delay his return.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks Margaret. I never thought he would attempt a comeback unless he was back to or near his best level. Fingers crossed there won’t be further niggling injuries to delay his return.
Hopefully no more niggling injuries:)

Reactions: nehmeth

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It seems like there are some older guys playing more than last year. Evidently Raonic isn't ready to throw in the towel, and I saw that Nishikori is trying to make a comeback. Fognini still kicking. I suspect Stan will be the next big name to hang up the racket, after Murray (unless Rafa beats him to it).

So on to some research. Below is a list of the years in which players won their last title (even if it was their first and only). It is worth noting that of the 18 titles so far this year, the oldest to win one is Grigor Dimitrov (b. 1991).

KEY:
SLAM WINNER
Big Title Winner

Born in 1980s; Born in 1970s; Born in 1960s

2024 - ?
2023 - DJOKOVIC, Monfils, Gasquet, Mannarino
2022 - NADAL, Bautista Agut, Ramos Vinolas,
2021 - CILIC, Isner, K Anderson
2020 - none
2019 - FEDERER, MURRAY, Tsonga, Fognini, Lopez, Paire
2018 - DEL POTRO, Nishikori, Simon, Andujar, M Zverev, Klizan
2017 - WAWRINKA, Ferrer, L Mayer, Querrey, Muller, Estrella Burgos, Dolgopolov, Cuevas, Sugita, Kohlschreiber, Istomin
2016 - Berdych, Troicki, Monaco, Verdasco, F Mayer, Almagro, Mahut, Garcia Lopez, Bellucci, Lorenzi, Monaco; Karlovic
2015 - Garcia Lopez, Ram, Sousa
2014 - HEWITT, Gulbis, Berlocq, Rosol
2013 - Robredo, Youzhny, Tipsarevic, Zeballos, Montanes, Granollers, Melzer; Haas
2012 - RODDICK, Nieminen, Seppi, Haase
2011 - FERRERO, Soderling, Davydenko, Dodig, Sweeting, Tursunov, Fish; Stepanek
2010 - Nalbandian, Golubev, Baghdatis, Llodra, Stakhovsky, Kukushkin; Ljubicic, Chela
2009 - F Gonzalez, Becker, Chardy, Ginepri
2008 - Darcis, Petzschner, Hanescu, Kunitsyn; Santoro
2007 - Malisse, Horna, Mathieu; MOYA, Grosjean, Canas, Blake
2006 - Serra, Acasuso, Ancic, Volandri, Rochus; Philippoussis, Calleri, Clement, Bracciali
2005 - SAFIN, Coria, J Johansson, Andreev; AGASSI, T JOHANSSON, GAUDIO, Rusedski, Carlsen, Moodie, Arthurs, Puerta, Bjorkman
2004 - Massu, Srichaphan, Mello, Haehnel; KUERTEN, Novak, Hrbaty, Spadea, Zabaleta, Verkerk,
2003 - Dent; Mantilla, Henman, Ferreira, Mirnyi, Schuettler, Koubek, Lee, D Sanchez, Kucera, Gambill, Boutter, Schalken,
2002 - SAMPRAS, KAFELNIKOV, Corretja, Enqvist, Escude, El Aynaoui, Sanguinetti, Burgsmuller
2001 - IVANISEVIC, Portas, Pavel, Lapentti, Tabara, Vicente, A Martin, Gaudenzi, Godwin, Vacek; Clavet
2000 - Vinciguerra; CHANG, COSTA, Norman, Larsson, Rosset, Kiefer, Squillari, Golmard, Wessels, Prinosil, Balcells; Pioline, Gustafsson
1999 - KRAJICEK, RAFTER, Rios, Woodruff, T Martin, Di Pasquale, Voinea, Marin; Pioline, Black

Forgive me for any errors - I might have got one or several guys wrong and/or listed them more than once.

As is often the case, I got a bit carried away...I kept going back, because I wanted to see who was the first player born in the 80s to win their last title...that would be Andreas Vinciguerra, who won his only title right after turning 19 years old. Born the same year as Roger Federer, he won a title before Roger's first. Talk about two careers going in different directions!

Anyhow, if you read any of that, it might be going down memory lane...lots of names I haven't thought about in awhile, even among the more recent 5-10 years. It is also a way of getting a sense of guys who didn't quite turn out as expected, for whatever reason (e.g. Mario Ancic, Robin Soderling, etc).

It is crazy to think that Stan Wawrinka hasn't won a title since 2017 - that's seven years ago! He's been around, but hasn't been anything close to his former self since 2020, when he reached his last Slam QF and finished #18 (partially thanks to the wonky rankings that year).

Milos Raonic isn't on that list because he was born in the 90s, but he hasn't won a title since 2016.

Anyhow, good old Ivo Karlovic is the last 70s baby to win a title in 2016, the year he turned 37. Of the 60s baby, it is Francisco Clavet way back in 2001, the year he turned 33. I think this illustrates how players have been aging out a bit later - Roger's gen, but more so the Rafa-Novak gen.

One final note, you can see a bit of a "bulge" in 2016-17 as a lot of 80s babies won their last titles, and then more of a trickle since then. The corresponding "bulge" for 70s births is somewhere in the 2000-05 range, so correspondingly earlier.

It begs the question: who will be the last of the 80s babies, and in what year? It is probably easy money on Novak, and my guess would be 2025 or '26, depending upon how long he wants to hold on. Adrian Mannarino is a guy who is having a nice extended prime - he's never been quite a second tier guy, but had his best season last year in 2023, winning three ATP 250 titles and finishing #22.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Cincinnati Open will grow to 96 player single fields ( up from 56) for 2025
4 new practice courts will be added to the venue (21 in total) ahead of this year's edition

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Matteo Berrettini claims his first victory since August 2023, ousting Gaston 36 63 61 at the Phoenix challenger
Matteo Forza!

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from Miami, post further news on the ATP News post.