2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Following his shock loss at IW,and after his IW press conference following the setback,the Serb did cast doubt over his Miami Open participation,he will shift his focus to preparing for the clay court season and has withdrawn from Miami.
Sasa Ozmo, a tennis journalist based in Belgrade announced the news on social media. ( I follow Sasa Ozmo, so does Don Fabio)

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from Miami, post further news on the ATP News post.
He is clearly not interested to play these events anymore. Here in IW he looked like he didn't want to be there. His focus is on RG, Wimbledon and OG.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He is clearly not interested to play these events anymore. Here in IW he looked like he didn't want to be there. His focus is on RG, Wimbledon and OG.
Apparently his focus is now preparing for the clay season., lets see how he fares.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Miami main draw ATP Monday 18th March, 1pm.
Main draw wild cards,
Kei Nishikori
Martin Damm
Juncheng Shang
Martin Lanaluce
Darwin Blanch

Miami Update:
OUT: Djokovic
IN: Kwon

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Matteo Berrettini keeps on winning at the Phoenix challenger tournament with a 3 set win over T.Atmane

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Most pleasing positive news!
Matteo Berrettini beats Vukic 76(2) 76(2) to reach the Phoenix CH 175 final, first since October 2022 ( Napoli ATP 250)
Matteo played 2 matches ( 5 sets) today and won 4 TBs
Matteo will play defending champion Nuno Borges in the final tomorrow, first meeting.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Defending champion Nuno Borges has won the Phoenix Challenger 175 for the 2nd consecutive year beating Matteo Berrettini 75 76(4)
Bad luck Matteo take the positives from this tournament and see you in Miami

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Monte Carlo Masters is 2 weeks away, main draw ceremony will take place Friday 5th April, at 6pm local time and will be broadcast live, as well as MC tournaments facebook.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Novak just posted on FB that him and Goran are no longer working together.

OMG, I was hoping they could co-exist for these last couple seasons, but it wasn't to be! We shouldn't be ssurprised! It was getting ugly out there during matches! I don't have to speak Serbian or any other of the half dozen languages Novak speaks to know things had to be tense behind the scenes! Djokovic has openly apologized for outbursts that would run most people off no matter the $$! Will he bring back Vadja to wrap it all up or go it alone? We'll see! :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :angry-face:

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak just posted on FB that him and Goran are no longer working together.
I am not surprised they parted, have to say he really helped and improved Novak's serve,
I dont know if Marian Vajda would come back, last time I read he was coaching a younger player and Vajda didnt want go on the tour full time with Novak, I think at one time his wife was not well
I had to laugh out loud Boris Becker came on Twitter, I cannot imagine Becker and Novak reuniting :) also Novak has also made changes to his PR team as well.
I saw a video of Novak practicing on clay in Belgrade the other day.

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dominic Thiem confirms he is again injured in his right wrist.He will play the Estorial Open next week to test himself, surely dosent sound good

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am not surprised they parted, have to say he really helped and improved Novak's serve,
I dont know if Marian Vajda would come back, last time I read he was coaching a younger player and Vajda didnt want go on the tour full time with Novak, I think at one time his wife was not well
I had to laugh out loud Boris Becker came on Twitter, I cannot imagine Becker and Novak reuniting :) also Novak has also made changes to his PR team as well.
I saw a video of Novak practicing on clay in Belgrade the other day.
Andy Roddick has a few opinions. He thinks it's a weird time to change coaches. He does think he'll go back to Becker or both Becker and Vajda. Otherwise...what? Anyway, why did he drop Goran? He alluded to some "drama."

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Andy Roddick has a few opinions. He thinks it's a weird time to change coaches. He does think he'll go back to Becker or both Becker and Vajda. Otherwise...what? Anyway, why did he drop Goran? He alluded to some "drama."
I have noticed in Novak's box of late, there has been 'tensions', I find it strange they parted just before the clay season, with no full time coach, though Novak might have a new coach, trying the new coach out, before he is prepared to comment.I did see him practicing on clay in Belgrade, with a hitting partner.
Out of Becker and Vajda, I prefer Vajda, or they could split the coaching at the GS.Marian Vajda was coaching Alex Molcan, after he parted with Novak

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Djokovic

" I still don't have a clear idea, who a new coach would be, or whether there will be one at all. Novak said he will continue without a coach in the short term and try to evaluate his exact needs" ( from Sasa Ozmo, Belgrade journalist via twitter 28th March)

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic

" I still don't have a clear idea, who a new coach would be, or whether there will be one at all. Novak said he will continue without a coach in the short term and try to evaluate his exact needs" ( from Sasa Ozmo, Belgrade journalist via twitter 28th March)
It's arguable that he doesn't need a coach, but I'm not sure who he's going to yell at without one.

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's arguable that he doesn't need a coach, but I'm not sure who he's going to yell at without one.
I am certain he will pick a new coach, I mean he has big points to defend, including RG title in the clay season.Novak still has his trainer and physio to yell at, if he decides not to get a new coach immediately

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djokovic

He should just move on like Rafa and make big money moves while the sun still shines.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He should just move on like Rafa and make big money moves while the sun still shines.
I cant see that happening he still wants to break some records like Connor's for the most wins, and he did say at one stage he will play till he is 40, he will turn 37 in May, he also wants to win the gold single medal at the Olympics this year

Last edited: