2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alex de Minaur beats Casper Ruud 64 64 to defend his Acapulco title ATP500 and stay on Top 10
Becomes the 4th player to defend a title in this event, 1st since Ferrer in 2012
Well done Alex, btw his fhand has got soo much better
Alex will arrive in IW as number #3 in the race, just behnd AO finalists Sinner and Medvedev
De Minaur,
" I cant party tonight because I have a 6am flight to catch as I want to watch Katie play in the final in San Diego tomorrow"
Arhhhhhh Great Boyfriend ( its been an incredible week for the couple)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Alex De Minaur just too good so far, leads Ruud 64
Alex is just one set away from becoming the first man in 12 years to defend his Acapulco title
Ruud needs a 3rd consecutive comeback if he wants to win his first career title above 250s ( Ruud is probably sick and tired of facing Aussies in finals, last week Jordan Thompson was his opponent and won)
Holger Rune and Patrick M stayed and are watching the final
Good on PM and Angel for staying. They haven't played in almost 5 years since the NextGen Finals and both have improved since then, but D-Minor is just on a mission right now. His newfound confidence, consistency and aggression has really propelled him forward this year. Congrats mate! :clap:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Alex de Minaur beats Casper Ruud 64 64 to defend his Acapulco title ATP500 and stay on Top 10
Becomes the 4th player to defend a title in this event, 1st since Ferrer in 2012
Well done Alex, btw his fhand has got soo much better
Alex will arrive in IW as number #3 in the race, just behnd AO finalists Sinner and Medvedev
De Minaur,
" I cant party tonight because I have a 6am flight to catch as I want to watch Katie play in the final in San Diego tomorrow"
Arhhhhhh Great Boyfriend ( its been an incredible week for the couple)
Well that's just sweet. He's got just enough time to grab his stuff and head straight to the airport. :rose:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Nadal/Alcaraz exhibition match is beginning live on Netflix.
Gosh it is just crazy, all the fans!
Rafa just do the exho 'Unscathed" okay, another injury and I will come down and hit your head with my Head racquet

• Haha
Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Gosh it is just crazy, all the fans!
Rafa just do the exho 'Unscathed" okay, another injury and I will come down and hit your head with my Head racquet
I’m worried about both of them, at this point. Too many injuries in his short career for Alacraz as well.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I’m worried about both of them, at this point. Too many injuries in his short career for Alacraz as well.
True for a 20 year old he has had his fair shares of injuries, like his ankle just recently, I really thought he would call off the exho though after having scans, he just needed a couple of days rest,.he said, I havent got time to post all Rafa's injuries there is only 24 hours in a day lol!

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Too much talking from commies in points, they need to Ssssh!
Rafa's young son is sitting on Mery's knee, he is too young to know what is going on, I feel.
Of course Baby Rafa just made a liar out of me he pointed his finger at Rafa how cute:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I expected this exho would go 3 sets, the seats are very expensive, at least the fans are getting their money's worth I guess :)

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ugh … I have to go to a family dinner and will have to miss the rest. Hopefully Netflix will show it again. Enjoy, @MargaretMcAleer
I'm pretty sure they will. I missed the first few games. My TV thought it hadn't started. Had to reset my tv, but got it on my computer. Then, oddly, my TV was 3 games behind. Whatever.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought towards the end of that 2nd set Carlos would lose,
Now we have a Ten Point TB for the match

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
9-9. I see Rafa, Jr. made it back after a time-wasting diaper change. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
3 MPs come and gone for Alcaraz. They are putting on a show, for sure.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos wins the Super TB 14-12 a entertaining TB! wins the Netflix Slam 36 64 14-12
Rafa hit some outstanding volleys in this match especially in the 1st set, okay Rafa see you in IW and Carlos as well
Draw comes out on Monday though I posted Rafa first rd match on the Rafa fan post