2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie,

If you are still around remember the match we both watched together last year with Rune and he was cramping badly was it Acapulco ?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Traci Austin said it was the SF of Aca and he started to cramp in the 2nd set
I don't remember that, but I have to say, this outcome was sadly predictable, even when he looked so good in the first. Even Tracy said, if it goes 3, Ruud's chances go up. He's got to address this problem. He's 20 years old, FFS...and it's been happening for a long time. Though, be careful, Holger, if Patrick suggests supplements.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Congrats Umbert! Possible Top Ten player by the end of the year??

Is it just me or does Bublik look like some ramshackle run down old jalopy held together with duct tape and baling twine?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Probably playing the best tennis of is career so far well done to Ugo Humbert who picked up his 6th career title winning the Dubai title defeating Alexander Bublik 64 63
This is Humbert 2nd ATP500 title
Well done!
Winning the title Humbert will move up to a ranking of 14 on Monday

BTW Ugo Humbert becomes the 3rd ATP player in the Open Era to win his first Six tour level finals
Humbert, Gubis and Klizan

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Ben got a lil lesson last night. He must improve his ROS. Didn't break the Casper serve and the Ghost isn't a big server
It's starting to become a pattern. Ben has been coming up short in close matches this year. We saw it against Daniel in Auckland, Mannarino at Melbourne, and now against Ruud. I suppose Ben is going to work on this and break through at some point, but this is very frustrating.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Hopefully his career will far surpass Gulbis and Klizan’s.

I'm amazed how well Gulbis did as most spoiled brats who's father owns his own island would find it difficult to maintain motivation! For a while there, I was seeing Ernests week after week during the clay season a decade ago! I can recall he defeated Roger, saving multiple MP's! I'm not that familiar w/ Klizan! :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hopefully his career will far surpass Gulbis and Klizan’s.
Hopefully lol! I mean Gulbis was a headcase, he had the talent, had a great fhand, until he decided to tweak it, became like a 'helicopter',:)

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Hopefully lol! I mean Gulbis was a headcase, he had the talent, had a great fhand, until he decided to tweak it, became like a 'helicopter',:)
Headcase was really the least of his issues. He was constantly hammered. Definitely not a "woke up every morning with my mind stayed on tennis" guy...

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats Umbert! Possible Top Ten player by the end of the year??

Is it just me or does Bublik look like some ramshackle run down old jalopy held together with duct tape and baling twine?
Yay! Very happy for Ugo. The best player in the Dubai desert. Completely deserved. :dance3:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It's starting to become a pattern. Ben has been coming up short in close matches this year. We saw it against Daniel in Auckland, Mannarino at Melbourne, and now against Ruud. I suppose Ben is going to work on this and break through at some point, but this is very frustrating.
Well a few people have already weighed in on how to fix it, but it doesn't look like Papi is interested in stepping down to allow someone else to take him to the next level.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alex De Minaur just too good so far, leads Ruud 64
Alex is just one set away from becoming the first man in 12 years to defend his Acapulco title
Ruud needs a 3rd consecutive comeback if he wants to win his first career title above 250s ( Ruud is probably sick and tired of facing Aussies in finals, last week Jordan Thompson was his opponent and won)
Holger Rune and Patrick M stayed and are watching the final

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2