2021 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
So I guess the lesson in this is not to travel to Abu Dhabi and play in an exho if you're serious about making a run down under.
Makes you wonder where's the point of infection. It's either the airport or a hotel they all stayed in.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Makes you wonder where's the point of infection. It's either the airport or a hotel they all stayed in.
BTW all the players had to be double vaccinated to play.Maybe they did pick it up in the hotel or airport? though you would think that all close personal working in hospitality eg hotels would have to be vaccinated.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Sometimes nothing is more powerful than a hug!
Screenshot_20211221-222613.png
Screenshot_20211221-230404.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Sometimes nothing is more powerful than a hug!View attachment 5726View attachment 5728

They've hurt each other many times in important matches over the years! I can still see Nole bawling :loudly-crying-face: leaving the court in the 1st round after going down to Del PO at the 2016 Olympics! Novak has a commanding H2H lead over him as well as Wawrinka, Murray, & Berdych, but each has stopped Novak on a run in the Majors or Olympics! :sick: :astonished-face::angry-face::anxious-face-with-sweat::facepalm:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
As expected Andy Murray received a main draw wild card into AO 2022,Lucas Pouille,Stefan Kozlov...5 wild cards for men left.

Electronic line calling will be in operation again at next month's AO and the various lead in tournaments.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They've hurt each other many times in important matches over the years! I can still see Nole bawling :loudly-crying-face: leaving the court in the 1st round after going down to Del PO at the 2016 Olympics! Novak has a commanding H2H lead over him as well as Wawrinka, Murray, & Berdych, but each has stopped Novak on a run in the Majors or Olympics! :sick: :astonished-face::angry-face::anxious-face-with-sweat::facepalm:
I take your point, though Berdych was much more of a bugaboo for Federer in the big moments, despite the lopsided H2H.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Craig Gabriel on Twitter, ( Craig is a senior tennis journalist,ATP Cup),

Reports from Serbia saying that Novak Djokovic has apparently withdrawn from the ATP Cup,he was scheduled to play Ruud on January 1st.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Denis Shapovalov has tested positive to COVID on arrival in Sydney.He is following all protocols including isolation and letting the people know who he has been in contact with.Right now he is experiencing minor symptons and is looking forward to getting back on court when it is safe to do so.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Denis Shapovalov has tested positive to COVID on arrival in Sydney.He is following all protocols including isolation and letting the people know who he has been in contact with.Right now he is experiencing minor symptons and is looking forward to getting back on court when it is safe to do so.
Everyone seems to say No big deal, got Covid, gonna deal with it and I'm moving forward. I wished Rafa would be a little bit more positive but I realize he is a lot older and coming back from a long period away from match play die to an injury

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Everyone seems to say No big deal, got Covid, gonna deal with it and I'm moving forward. I wished Rafa would be a little bit more positive but I realize he is a lot older and coming back from a long period away from match play die to an injury
Rafa has always been cautious regardless,I just think that is his nature.Denis is double vaccinated,showing minor symptons,he should be okay.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
From Craig Gabriel on Twitter, ( Craig is a senior tennis journalist,ATP Cup),

Reports from Serbia saying that Novak Djokovic has apparently withdrawn from the ATP Cup,he was scheduled to play Ruud on January 1st.
So he's going to continue to drag out the drama of whether or not he'll play the AO. He's surely running out of time to decide to get vaccinated, and if that's not the issue, then what is he really waiting for?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So he's going to continue to drag out the drama of whether or not he'll play the AO. He's surely running out of time to decide to get vaccinated, and if that's not the issue, then what is he really waiting for?
I would still like to know the reason why he has decided not to play the ATP Cup...still no information as to why?
Again I do not know 'what is he really waiting for?'

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would still like to know the reason why he has decided not to play the ATP Cup...still no information as to why?
Again I do not know 'what is he really waiting for?'
Presuming he still plans to play the AO, I wonder if he'll do a tune-up, at all.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Andrey Rublev who is currently in Barcelona and has tested positive for COVID-19.He has minimal symptoms and in isolation and following the protocols under the supervision of doctors.Rublev was preparing for tournaments-ATP Cup and the Australian Open.Rublev will now have to recover and will go to Melbourne only when it will be safe for everyone.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
The odds Novak is vacc are same as question if some out of Big 3 would win RG, few years back. Some said "none" then i would say below zero, for this time.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dominic Thiem has withdrawn from the Australian Open ( lack of preparation).He intends to return to tour playing tournaments on clay in South America in late January.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.