2021 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

According to a Tweet, Rafa still wasn't even sure he was prepared to go "down under!" He seems to feel his foot is still an issue; supposedly an injury from his FO SF vs Nole which put him out of Wimbledon and the USO! (YAWN) :yawningface: Does any player b!tch more; esp. being thought of as "The GOAT?" If he's winning we don't anything, but if he's losing,....... Why can't this one player just get beat? :sick: :facepalm: :face-with-symbols-on-mouth:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I've been reading about "created protocols" for players with a reason to not get vaccinated going "down under!" Am I reading it wrong? :shushing-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :facepalm:
There are very strict medical exemptions for players.....I have not read 'created protocols for players not to get vaccinated

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Margaret and Moxie, our resident medical professionals..from what I am reading.. Rafa's asymptomatic..he says that he tested negative previously and he hasn't mentioned that he had any symptoms. I think this may be overblown. If this was almost anyone else especially a NBA or NFL player, this wouldn't be a major issue especially since he has almost 2 weeks before he needs to be in Australia.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Margaret and Moxie, our resident medical professionals..from what I am reading.. Rafa's asymptomatic..he says that he tested negative previously and he hasn't mentioned that he had any symptoms. I think this may be overblown. If this was almost anyone else especially a NBA or NFL player, this wouldn't be a major issue especially since he has almost 2 weeks before he needs to be in Australia.
Rafa had tested negative in Kuwait when he visited his academy,also negative while in Abu Dhabi,it was on his return to Spain he tested positive,I would say he will be re-tested say after 7 days.,sometimes these tests can be a 'false positive'.Rafa is double vaccinated.,so his symptons may not be severe.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seeing the "Omicron" strain of COVID-19 has hit Australia,especially in Sydney and Melbourne,with higher numbers as expected.I will be interested to see how the AO organisers,more importantly the health official's in each state,handled next month with positives/close contacts etc.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa had tested negative in Kuwait when he visited his academy,also negative while in Abu Dhabi,it was on his return to Spain he tested positive,I would say he will be re-tested say after 7 days.,sometimes these tests can be a 'false positive'.Rafa is double vaccinated.,so his symptons may not be severe.
He may not have symptoms at all. (Obviously, if it's a false positive.) I have one friend who only lost taste and smell, and his husband, who later tested positive for the antibodies, meaning he had it, had no symptoms at all. Also, @the AntiPusher: I am not a medical professional. That's Margaret. I'm a film professional, so I just interview doctors on TV. :lol6:
Seeing the "Omicron" strain of COVID-19 has hit Australia,especially in Sydney and Melbourne,with higher numbers as expected.I will be interested to see how the AO organisers,more importantly the health official's in each state,handled next month with positives/close contacts etc.
I was wondering the same. Let us know what you hear. It's suddenly bad here again. My family has postponed celebrating Christmas together to avoid the travel right now. Seemed sensible.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I guess I misunderstood what he means by "flexibility". I don't understand if he is asymptomatic which may be the case, why this is an issue.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I guess I misunderstood what he means by "flexibility". I don't understand if he is asymptomatic which may be the case, why this is an issue.
Margaret can correct all of us, but if I understand: Rafa is supposed to self-isolate for 10? days, but he can get another test, as he is double-vaccinated, and the quarantine is lesser. If Rafa is asymptomatic, since he owns a tennis academy, what is to prevent him from training, with no one else there? If he doesn't get a bad case of covid, which is likely, as he is vaccinated, then he can eventually pass the test to get into Oz. The important things are: can he train? And how is the foot?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Margaret can correct all of us, but if I understand: Rafa is supposed to self-isolate for 10? days, but he can get another test, as he is double-vaccinated, and the quarantine is lesser. If Rafa is asymptomatic, since he owns a tennis academy, what is to prevent him from training, with no one else there? If he doesn't get a bad case of covid, which is likely, as he is vaccinated, then he can eventually pass the test to get into Oz. The important things are: can he train? And how is the foot?
Correct.,some other countries you just have to self isolate for 7 days,if double vaccinated,then get another test after the 7th day

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Bring Sinner and Carlos A back to the academy to quarantine with the KOC

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Belinda Bencic has also tested positive for COVID.She is the 3rd 'positive' player ( alongside Emma Raducanu and Rafa Nadal) who traveled to Abu Dhabi to play in the Mudadala Championship.

• Wow
Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ons Jabeur recently in Abu Dhabi exhibition (replacing Emma Raducanu) has also tested positive to COVID,currently isolating in Tunisia.

• Wow
Reactions: Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.