2021 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You beat me to it...I follow that journalist he always has good information.....again I am glad Rafa is going to play the ATP250 tournament in Melbourne.,a good warm up for the AO.
He needs to play, he was too long out of the court and then the virus so it's time to get some good luck and be able to make good results. Hopefully 2022 will be much better year for him.

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You beat me to it...I follow that journalist he always has good information.....again I am glad Rafa is going to play the ATP250 tournament in Melbourne.,a good warm up for the AO.
Just get his team on the darn plane, he can always find someone to practice with in Australia

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks,there is finally confirmation regarding his withdrawal from the ATP Cup in Sydney,again their is no reason why he withdrew.
Novak is certainly keeping his cards tight to his chest no:)
Dusan Lajovic will play No1 for Serbia in the ATP Cup.
T minus days, hours or minutes .. what is the countdown for Novak?

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes,someone tweeted has anyone looked into his full grown beard? that might hold the key to why he keeps getting COVID LOL!
Good point! In a tragedy for hipsters everywhere, the beard doesn't allow for a good seal on a mask. I was hoping this might finally put an end to the mountain man beard, and finally encourage some folks to clean that mess up!

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mark your calendar, AP: 17 Jan is the first day of the AO. Now maybe you can stop torturing Margaret about what day it is in Australia. :face-with-tears-of-joy: Barely more than 2 weeks. If he wants to get there and get over the jet lag, he's going to get on a plane soon. A week, latest?
New Year's Eve is tomorrow here in Australia ......maybe he will go out with a 'bang' lol!
:bomb::partying-face: Also quiet about their vaccination status, Medvedev and Zverev, and it sounds like they're already in Oz, so I guess we assume they're vaccinated.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The ATP has laid out something like a policy on COVID and vaccinations for 2022:

They're not going to mandate vaccinations, but they won't dispute any local ordinance. And they're going to make it easier on vaccinated players than on the non-vaccinated.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Mark your calendar, AP: 17 Jan is the first day of the AO. Now maybe you can stop torturing Margaret about what day it is in Australia. :face-with-tears-of-joy: Barely more than 2 weeks. If he wants to get there and get over the jet lag, he's going to get on a plane soon. A week, latest?

:bomb::partying-face: Also quiet about their vaccination status, Medvedev and Zverev, and it sounds like they're already in Oz, so I guess we assume they're vaccinated.
Hey big Sis, don't start poisoning miss Margaret against me..I get beaten on enough by you and miss Kelli , my skin is very thin. Jajaja

As for Novak's departure to Australia, the goal posts keep moving.3 weeks ago was the deadline. Now you say another week, my calendar days can only get crossed off so many times every day..

• Haha

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey big Sis, don't start poisoning miss Margaret against me..I get beaten on enough by you and miss Kelli , my skin is very thin. Jajaja

As for Novak's departure to Australia, the goal posts keep moving.3 weeks ago was the deadline. Now you say another week, my calendar days can only get crossed off so many times every day..
Don't worry, Miss Margaret loves you, despite all of your shortcomings. (There's no accounting for taste.) :face-with-tears-of-joy:

As one, who like you, has been on the 24/7 Novak drama-watch, yes, the goalposts do seem to keep moving. But time does run out. He's at the point of no tune-up, which isn't impossible for him, before a Major. But, IMO, if he doesn't get on a plane by next Mon-Tues., he's not going. Stay tuned!

• Love
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Yes Sasha and Med arrived yesterday in Sydney

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

I guess if I want to see Novak play, it'll have to be in repeat runs played on Tennis Chl.! Watching Paris Final now! It's a wonder Djokovic won it over Medvedev who truly has the game to compete against him! He S & V'd his way to victory in 3 sets! This reminds me of Lendl having to "play ugly" to beat Mecir, "The Big Cat!" Daniil is very much like that getting around the court and knocking off winners from anywhere! :sick: :facepalm::clap::face-with-hand-over-mouth:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Another Very Important Date.....which you can mark on your calendar is the draw which will be held on January 13th...Time to be advised.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.