2014 NBA Playoffs

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RE: NBA Playoffs

DarthFed said:
Very good win for the Wizards there. The Bulls never got back in it after falling behind 14-0. Now I will agree with Cali that the Wizards should take out Chicago from 3-1 up.

The talent level isn't even close between Washington and Chicago.

I went to see the Wizards and Knicks play back in November at the Verizon Center. I was very impressed with the mix of players that the Wizards have. Wall is obviously a supreme talent, Beal has impeccable shot technique, Gortat is a very athletic post player and fairly adept scorer, Webster can shoot lights out, Ariza is a versatile pest to play against, and Nene is a very talented former Nugget (oh how I miss the Thugget days, can't tell you how much. Those teams were a joy to watch.)

They are far and away the most talented team in the East. It is really their conference for the taking. The Pacers are awful offensively and the Heat are a 3-man team with LeBron, Wade, and Birdman - and Wade is hurt. So the Wizards really should be able to get to the Finals if they play to their potential.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

The Wizards have a lot of good players and they are showing some of the potential they have. But they are not winning the East. You underestimate just how much playoff bball is about superstars. Lebron would beat them by himself if he had to.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

DarthFed said:
The Wizards have a lot of good players and they are showing some of the potential they have. But they are not winning the East. You underestimate just how much playoff bball is about superstars. Lebron would beat them by himself if he had to.

With the refs' assistance.

Wall certainly has the potential to be a superstar, and he plays for an actual team. Eventually this run of riding LeBron's back non-stop in every situation is going to be up. It almost happened two years ago against Indiana and Boston. It almost happened last year against Indiana and San Antonio. Eventually they will play an actual TEAM of good players and not just 2 or 3 good ones and LeBron just will not have the energy to do everything.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

DarthFed said:
Dude, you are on crack or something. I don't even know if they will beat Chicago now let alone the Pacers (assuming they take care of the Hawks).

You thought the Wizards would lose to Chicago? LOL. Cheese.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

calitennis127 said:
DarthFed said:
Dude, you are on crack or something. I don't even know if they will beat Chicago now let alone the Pacers (assuming they take care of the Hawks).

You thought the Wizards would lose to Chicago? LOL. Cheese.

I thought the winner of game 4 would win the series. Definitely not as out there as you thinking they should/will win the East and beat the Heat in the process.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

calitennis127 said:
DarthFed said:

Wall certainly has the potential to be a superstar, and he plays for an actual team. Eventually this run of riding LeBron's back non-stop in every situation is going to be up. It almost happened two years ago against Indiana and Boston. It almost happened last year against Indiana and San Antonio. Eventually they will play an actual TEAM of good players and not just 2 or 3 good ones and LeBron just will not have the energy to do everything.

Indy and San Antonio are great teams (not Indy currently, but they were last year), both much better teams overall than the Heat, both way better than the current Wizards. But there were 2 factors going for the Heat, best overall player and HCA, two things they'd also have vs. the Wizards.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

DarthFed said:
calitennis127 said:
DarthFed said:

Indy and San Antonio are great teams (not Indy currently, but they were last year), both much better teams overall than the Heat, both way better than the current Wizards. But there were 2 factors going for the Heat, best overall player and HCA, two things they'd also have vs. the Wizards.

How in the world are the Pacers better than the Wizards? They have hardly any offensive talent. They can't shoot. They are slow. They are entirely dependent on Paul George hitting some fadeaways and Stephenson rumbling in the lane for some drives. They are one of the more offensively challenged playoff teams I have seen in the last 10 years.

As for the Spurs, if we match this up on an individual basis, there is no comparison between their paltry talent and what the Wizards have to offer. The Wizards shooters (Beal and Webster) are much more versatile and athletic than the Spurs shooters. Wall is simply a better player than Parker. Nene is more talented than any Spurs post player. And Gortat is athletic and agile with good hands, plus much more physical than Splitter. The Wizards are just flat out a more talented, more capable team than San Antonio.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

Coach Casey finally started coaching in the second half of the 4th. quarter, exposing KG in the screen and roll. Now it is time for him to draw up a couple of plays for T.Ross so the kid can get his confidence back.

Good win on the road and we get home back. Awesome.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions

Blazers up 3-1 on the Rockets. Three of the phour games have gone to overtime. Can the Blazers close it out in Houston? I wouldn't bet on it. But, I sure hope so! GO TRAILBLAZERS!!!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Have to admit I thought Indy had possibly turned the corner in game 4. Their backs were against the wall and they played a very good 2nd half and came from behind for the win. But clearly they still have issues and soon they might have all offseason to try to sort them out. They certainly are capable of beating the Hawks 2 in a row but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

DarthFed said:
Have to admit I thought Indy had possibly turned the corner in game 4. Their backs were against the wall and they played a very good 2nd half and came from behind for the win. But clearly they still have issues and soon they might have all offseason to try to sort them out. They certainly are capable of beating the Hawks 2 in a row but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

The Pacers are offensively challenged. Period.

They were mightily overrated because they won one series (against the Knicks last year) that they had no business winning.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

Bulls are about to go golfing. Washington up by 3 with 16 secs to go. They will foul and try to extend the game . 2 shots coming up for Washington, first one missed....second one ....missed too but rebound Washington. The amount of offensive rebounds Bulls gave away are beyond belief in the 4th quarter. They foul again and the second one is missed again and AGAIN Washington gets the offensive rebound. Unbelivable.!!!!

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

And the Grizz are up 16 in the third quarter over OKC. They seem to have totally figured out OKC. This first round of play-offs have been the most interesting since...ever? Only Miami is following the script so far.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

1972Murat said:
And the Grizz are up 16 in the third quarter over OKC. They seem to have totally figured out OKC. This first round of play-offs have been the most interesting since...ever? Only Miami is following the script so far.

OKC just does not have enough offense. They are dependent on two players.

The moment the Harden trade happened I said that it was a mistake on their end. It looks uglier by the day.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions

Sorry, but Memfis ain't gonna be winning this game, much less the series.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

calitennis127 said:
1972Murat said:

OKC just does not have enough offense. They are dependent on two players.

The moment the Harden trade happened I said that it was a mistake on their end. It looks uglier by the day.

I think it is OK to not have more than 2 go to guys on offense, as long as the other guys pitch in 10, 15 points here and there...The problem is HOW they run their offense. It is stagnant. Durant gets the ball, wants to create something himself, ditto with Westbrook...

They are coming back, now down 4, 9 minutes left in the 4th.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions

Memfis vs. Oklahoma City = UGLY!!! How long has it been since Memfis has scored?