2014 NBA Playoffs

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
RE: NBA Playoffs

^ I will add another stupidity Haychew, which has just happened. They are checking to see if a player's foot was on the three point line or not. It was not, so it is a three pointer. But on the reply you can clearly see he was out of bounds! And they cannot look at that because it is not in the last two minutes! So, they clearly see the guy is out of bounds, but he gets a three pointer because he is not stepping on the three point line....Lucky break for Atlanta and one more stupid rule.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

1972Murat said:
^ I will add another stupidity Haychew, which has just happened. They are checking to see if a player's foot was on the three point line or not. It was not, so it is a three pointer. But on the reply you can clearly see he was out of bounds! And they cannot look at that because it is not in the last two minutes! So, they clearly see the guy is out of bounds, but he gets a three pointer because he is not stepping on the three point line....Lucky break for Atlanta and one more stupid rule.

Didn't see the one you mentioned but there was a big one in game 1 of Clips-Warriors. Clips were down 2 with under 20 seconds to go when Paul got blatantly hacked and lost the ball out of bounds, they initially called it off Golden State but reviewed the play and then called it off Paul. They couldn't go back and call the foul and the NBA admitted the refs missed the foul.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Indy and OKC both down 2-1. That's hard to believe and it makes game 4 a virtual must win on the road.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

OKC are in huge trouble and that's kinda what I alluded to in my first reply. Ultimately, they rely way too much on their 2 star players without implementing a system, run plays, or even play great defense. Also, to be honest, Scott Brooks is just not a good cooach. I'm rooting for them but this isn't looking good.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

I saw most of the 2nd half of the Clips-Warriors and that got really exciting. The refs missed another big foul at the end and it was tough to see if Curry was behind the 3 point line. I do expect that to go back to LA at 2-2 though.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

OKC and GS will figure it out and get it back to 2-2. I expect both will win each series. The rockets and the bulls are in big trouble.. You don't loose both games at home and expect to get back into the series, history usually says that the odds are against..Indy will also eventually beat the Hawks but they are all mental midgets(little people)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

^ Agree with most of it but I think the Clippers take that series now. Reggie Miller predicted the winner of last night would take the series and I agree. If Golden State had rallied last night it would have carried into game 4 for the Clips and it'd likely be going back to LA 3-1. As is I expect Golden State to rebound but the Clippers will win in 6 or 7. For OKC-Memphis I think the winner of game 4 takes the series and I think OKC will find a way to win it. But Memphis is damn tough, crazy Zebo really ups his game for the playoffs.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

^ There are reports that Vogel's job is on the line now. I'm not sure if it's legit or they are using that in an attempt to get the players fired up. As of now it seems like mission impossible to get Indy to play with heart. A potential Hawks-Wizards 2nd round matchup. How pissed would the teams out West be to see that clownery?

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

Raps got close but no cigar. Some horrible calls at the end but I guess that happens when you are on the road. I expect them to win the next game.

Bulls pretty much fought off elimination tonight since nobody ever came back from 0-3 down, so big win on the road for them. Dunleavy was the guy today.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

An incredible game that was. Really high scoring but I don't think it was bad defense, both teams executed well and knocked their shots down, even tough ones like the buzzer beater.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Vince Carter hitting a game winner in 2014!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Third straight OT game in OKC-Memphis series. Durant and Westbrook have played about as poor as imaginable yet they're still in it, largely due to Memphis' awful free throw shooting and Reggie Jackson's career game.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

DarthFed said:
Third straight OT game in OKC-Memphis series. Durant and Westbrook have played about as poor as imaginable yet they're still in it, largely due to Memphis' awful free throw shooting and Reggie Jackson's career game.

I've always felt Jackson should get more involved, but really, what he did last night was nothing short of phenomenal. Think about it, if before the game, I'd told you that Durant and Westbrook would combine for 30 points and shoot 11/45, while making a combined 12 turnovers, you'd think Memphis wins by a landslide. Now granted, the Grizzlies struggled themselves with poor free throw shooting and OKC, to their credit, did play good defense inside and protected the basket well (Ibaka was monstrous), but still... If OKC go on and win the series, they really owe it to Reggie Jackson's unbelievable performance in this game. The kid took over the 4th quarter and the Overtime, and did really well to mentally recover from his brain cramp on the last possession of regulation when he took a shot from his own half despite having over 4 seconds left on the clock. Also, Tony Allen is the best one-on-one defender in the NBA. They always say you can't stop great players/scorers, you can just limit them. Well, that's as close to stopping Kevin Durant as it's going to get. I think the winner of the next game wins the series, even if it's Memphis.

Overall though, it was a great night of playoff basketball.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Broken_Shoelace said:
Vince Carter hitting a game winner in 2014!

I know!!!!!!!!!!

I thought he was too old to get out of a chair, much less play in an NBA game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I can't wait to watch the Wizards. They have the most talent of any team in the East and after they take care of this monstrosity of a basketball team called the Chicago Bulls, it will be on to eventually wiping out that non-team known as the Miami Heat.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Dude, you are on crack or something. I don't even know if they will beat Chicago now let alone the Pacers (assuming they take care of the Hawks).

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Very good win for the Wizards there. The Bulls never got back in it after falling behind 14-0. Now I will agree with Cali that the Wizards should take out Chicago from 3-1 up.