2014 NBA Playoffs

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: NBA Playoffs

kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:
Spurs are just in the zone these playoffs aside from a couple tough losses to Dallas. It's going to be tough for anyone to beat them.

OKC did a lot of things better than they did in game 1, I think the rotations they're going with are much better but SA is playing very good defense on Westbrook and Durant and they had a good 5 minute stretch to end the half and suddenly are up 14.

Maybe they realize how close they were last year if not for 36 seconds of epic failing. Anyway, you could say Dallas tuned them up for the remainder of the post season. I thought Portland/OKC would present some resistance, but you were right when you said the Spurs would just get better.

I didnt watch game 2 .. Is it that the Spurs are getting better or is it horrendous coaching by Brooks in leau of not having a signicant low post presence(missing SO)?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

You can't blame all of this on Brooks. In game 2 the Spurs still had 50+ points in the paint, they also jacked up alot of uncontested 3's and many of them fell in. OKC committed alot of fouls. Parker lived at the line last night.

So defensively they were challenged, on the other hand you can't win a playoff game in the Western conference scoring 77 total points. Their offense was non-existent last night. Who's fault is that? You have the MVP and one of the better PG's in the league and a capable bench and you still can't muster 80 points?

I knew letting Harden go would bite this team and now it's coming to fruition.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:
Spurs are just in the zone these playoffs aside from a couple tough losses to Dallas. It's going to be tough for anyone to beat them.

OKC did a lot of things better than they did in game 1, I think the rotations they're going with are much better but SA is playing very good defense on Westbrook and Durant and they had a good 5 minute stretch to end the half and suddenly are up 14.

Maybe they realize how close they were last year if not for 36 seconds of epic failing. Anyway, you could say Dallas tuned them up for the remainder of the post season. I thought Portland/OKC would present some resistance, but you were right when you said the Spurs would just get better.

I didnt watch game 2 .. Is it that the Spurs are getting better or is it horrendous coaching by Brooks in leau of not having a signicant low post presence(missing SO)?

Thunder aren't a great defensive team with Ibaka and they are just that much worse now. And the Spurs are moving the ball so well that they are just getting open shots at will.

I knew Portland wouldn't be a contest but I figured the Thunder even without Ibaka would have a good chance (even predicted them to win). The Spurs are just playing that well right now.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

The San Antonio Spurs are a great team--real winners when it counts. They are going back to the finals and I fear them more than the Thunder in terms of threatening Miami (assuming they get there).

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

They can definitely hurt them anywhere Murat. Bosh is a total negative vs. the team but the problem is they have no one else to bring in for him.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Nice move but just hideous defense, begging him to go baseline.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Shaping up to be one of those games for the Boshtrich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTQdcA_VeRw

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Got to let that one go if your Hill. There was no way he could foul him hard enough there.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Too many ticky tack fouls in this game on both ends so far.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Heat just ran them over in the 2nd half. Too many turnovers and 1-on-1 play for Indy tonight.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

DarthFed said:
Heat just ran them over in the 2nd half. Too many turnovers and 1-on-1 play for Indy tonight.

Too much Jesus Shuttlesworth, He still Got Game :clap

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

The end of the 1st half was what really did them in I think. The last 4-5 minutes they must have had about 6 turnovers and the 10+ point lead they had most of the half dwindled down to 4. Then Lebron, Wade, and Jesus all took turns for getting on fire in the 2nd half.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

It's Indy being Indy. Now they have to stare themselves in the mirror w/ the likelihood they're going down 3-1 tomorrow. All those turnovers. Who are they kidding? The #1 seed, get the f--- outta here.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Certainly tomorrow is do or die for Indy, hopefully for their sake they can play a good 48 minutes like game 1. It went to what was likely 3 good quarters in game two to 1.5 good quarters yesterday.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Ibaka is playing and doing great so far, 4-4.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

He can't play a lot of min so they have to rest him accordingly. When he comes out, Spurs are back to owning the paint again. I still don't see OKC winning more than one game.