2013 NFL Season: Weekly Picks

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
Changing gears I found myself rooting hard for Atlanta last night and will actually be rooting for the Boys on Sunday and the reason being is that San Fran and Philly are two very dangerous teams that no one wants to see in the playoffs. If Dallas gets in they will lose to SF or New Orleans which would get GB to play Carolina if they get in and win the 1st round.

Darth.. What the latest on AR.. Will he play. I wouldnt be surprised in Chicago that it may be a quick hook on Jay although Josh saying that he may not play next year.. thats doesnt make sense.. he can make millions if he comes back.. those idiots(Cowboys management) are still trying to access Romo's back.. Philly has got to be the favorite although they are playing at Jerry's world

Apparently we will find out today if Rodgers is playing. My guess would be no. They kind of showed their hand last week especially with the report getting out that the GM has made the final decision for the past couple weeks and doesn't believe this team can go deep in the playoffs. The injury is supposed to be fully healed by now, I just think the idiot GM gave up on the season. A stupid move to say the least. I also think Cutler will be on a short leash but against this awful Packers defense he might look good.

I hadn't realized that Orton is the Cowboys backup. He might give them a better chance in a late December game than a completely healthy Romo would. Philly is dangerous as hell, there is probably no team in the NFC playoffs/playoff picture that isn't rooting for Dallas.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
Changing gears I found myself rooting hard for Atlanta last night and will actually be rooting for the Boys on Sunday and the reason being is that San Fran and Philly are two very dangerous teams that no one wants to see in the playoffs. If Dallas gets in they will lose to SF or New Orleans which would get GB to play Carolina if they get in and win the 1st round.

Darth.. What the latest on AR.. Will he play. I wouldnt be surprised in Chicago that it may be a quick hook on Jay although Josh saying that he may not play next year.. thats doesnt make sense.. he can make millions if he comes back.. those idiots(Cowboys management) are still trying to access Romo's back.. Philly has got to be the favorite although they are playing at Jerry's world

Apparently we will find out today if Rodgers is playing. My guess would be no. They kind of showed their hand last week especially with the report getting out that the GM has made the final decision for the past couple weeks and doesn't believe this team can go deep in the playoffs. The injury is supposed to be fully healed by now, I just think the idiot GM gave up on the season. A stupid move to say the least. I also think Cutler will be on a short leash but against this awful Packers defense he might look good.

I hadn't realized that Orton is the Cowboys backup. He might give them a better chance in a late December game than a completely healthy Romo would. Philly is dangerous as hell, there is probably no team in the NFC playoffs/playoff picture that isn't rooting for Dallas.
Bloodline Clay M is playing so I assume that you are correct, the packers GM isn't going to risk AR even if he has to endure the irk of Packers nation,
Whomever wins probably gets the Niners unless the Rams can pull out a victory up in Seattle which is doubtful

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

Bloodline Clay M is playing so I assume that you are correct, the packers GM isn't going to risk AR even if he has to endure the irk of Packers nation,
Whomever wins probably gets the Niners unless the Rams can pull out a victory up in Seattle which is doubtful

Actually if SF loses to red hot Arizona and the Saints win it will be SF as the #6 seed. Bears could actually still finish #3 if they win and Dallas wins. GB gets the #4 seed or nothing. So I am hoping Arizona pulls off the win. GB can and probably would beat New Orleans with AR in the 1st round. AR or not they would lose to SF again.

Matthews is not playing and since he reinjured the thumb I'd guess he is out for the rest of the year.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently I was wrong. Reports indicate that Rodgers will be named the starter for this Sunday. Best news I've received in a long time! Time for him to put the Bears in their place.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

Actually if SF loses to red hot Arizona and the Saints win it will be SF as the #6 seed. Bears could actually still finish #3 if they win and Dallas wins. GB gets the #4 seed or nothing. So I am hoping Arizona pulls off the win. GB can and probably would beat New Orleans with AR in the 1st round. AR or not they would lose to SF again.

Matthews is not playing and since he reinjured the thumb I'd guess he is out for the rest of the year.

Wow.. dude what do you have.. a hot line to Vegas(I am actullay here with my kids for the holidays).. where do you get your insight! I would hope that Jimmy H turns it up on a notch and try to put our foot on Carson's throat early to crush their hopes because I dont Favor any of your previous mentioned playoff scenerios :cry

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:

Wow.. dude what do you have.. a hot line to Vegas(I am actullay here with my kids for the holidays).. where do you get your insight! I would hope that Jimmy H turns it up on a notch and try to put our foot on Carson's throat early to crush their hopes because I dont Favor any of your previous mentioned playoff scenerios :cry

I live and die NFL this time of year especially with GB in such a predicament. The greatest scenario I have is SF losing and New Orleans winning and then GB beating NO in 1st round, SF beating Philly, GB taking on Carolina and SF going to Seattle. I've seen it all in my crystal ball :clap First things first is for AR to get revenge on the clowns who were lucky enough to injure him.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

I live and die NFL this time of year especially with GB in such a predicament. The greatest scenario I have is SF losing and New Orleans winning and then GB beating NO in 1st round, SF beating Philly, GB taking on Carolina and SF going to Seattle. I've seen it all in my crystal ball :clap First things first is for AR to get revenge on the clowns who were lucky enough to injure him.

AR record vs da Bears is (-2..tghey are scared too death.. As for Seattle .. dont worry the Niners want bigmouth Richard Sherman and the Seahawks up there or anywhere

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:

AR record vs da Bears is (-2..tghey are scared too death.. As for Seattle .. dont worry the Niners want bigmouth Richard Sherman and the Seahawks up there or anywhere

I'm on board for a GB vs. SF at Lambeau for NFC title game, I'd favor SF slightly if it comes to that. AR just needs to get on a bit of a roll and then he will be hard to stop. Realistically he will be rusty vs. Chicago but likely will still avoid the big mistake and play well enough. This one is not a given like it usually is vs. Chicago.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

I'm on board for a GB vs. SF at Lambeau for NFC title game, I'd favor SF slightly if it comes to that. AR just needs to get on a bit of a roll and then he will be hard to stop. Realistically he will be rusty vs. Chicago but likely will still avoid the big mistake and play well enough. This one is not a given like it usually is vs. Chicago.

Green Bay isn't going too far without Bloodline in the line up , imo

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:

We will see, they have to take care of business on Sunday first. Then like I said they would likely beat New Orleans but very little chance against SF. If they get New Orleans in round one and win they will have momentum and Rodgers will round back into form. If that happens only SF and Seattle are beating them, at least in the NFC, and they'd only face one of them. That SF @ Arizona game is huge...or its meaningless if GB let's the Bears clown them again.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

We will see, they have to take care of business on Sunday first. Then like I said they would likely beat New Orleans but very little chance against SF. If they get New Orleans in round one and win they will have momentum and Rodgers will round back into form. If that happens only SF and Seattle are beating them, at least in the NFC, and they'd only face one of them. That SF @ Arizona game is huge...or its meaningless if GB let's the Bears clown them again.
I think the saints game would be another potential shoot out between Rodgers and Brees, remember i think it was 2009,

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Saints on a crappy field in January is a dream matchup for GB or Chicago. I really think they'd probably beat the Saints, both of them. Neither is beating SF though. GB would have a very decent chance vs. SF if they somehow met in NFC title game but I don't see them winning next week if that's the matchup.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Saints on a crappy field in January is a dream matchup for GB or Chicago. I really think they'd probably beat the Saints, both of them. Neither is beating SF though. GB would have a very decent chance vs. SF if they somehow met in NFC title game but I don't see them winning next week if that's the matchup.

I hear Vegas is leaning towards the Pack..This game is everything for Jay Cutler..This is a legitimate toss up

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

I hear Vegas is leaning towards the Pack..This game is everything for Jay Cutler..This is a legitimate toss up

Of course they are leaning towards Green Bay here. Both defenses are weak, both running games are strong, so it just comes down to Rodgers vs. Cutler. Rodgers might be rusty and the Bears definitely have the better receivers at this point but there is a grand canyon difference between the QB's. That makes up for a ton.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Onto week 17:

Carolina @ Atlanta - Huge game for Carolina and Atlanta showed signs of life last week. Got to go Carolina though.

Baltimore @ Cincy - Cincy will bury Baltimore's weak hopes.
Houston @ Tennessee - Tennessee
Jacksonville @ Indy - Indy
Jets @ Miami - Miami, they won't let this opportunity slip again.
Detroit @ Minnesota - Freefall will continue for the Lions. AP might not play but Minny still wins.
Washington @ Giants - Giants
Cleveland @ Pitt - Pitt
Green Bay @ Chicago - Green Bay. Rusty or not these games often come down to AR vs. Cutler. Bad defenses, good running games, etc. Cutler is more likely to make a couple mistakes and now that Rodgers is playing he can't afford to make ANY.

Denver @ Oakland - Denver
Buffalo @ New England - New England
Tampa @ New Orleans - New Orleans
SF @ Arizona - Arizona is on fire and desperate but SF looks like the powerhouse it was for much of the last 2 years. Crabtree coming on strong and Kaep is picking it up. I hope Arizona but I think SF.

KC @ San Diego - San Diego. KC has nothing to play for and even San Diego isn't flaky enough to lose this game...I think.
St. Louis @ Seattle - Seattle. Seattle is showing some chinks in the armor and St. Louis is a surprisingly dangerous team but I can't see Seattle dropping two straight at home.

Philly @ Dallas - I think this will be surprisingly close because Orton is going to come in and play pretty decent. Philly is the pick but this one has surprise potential. Of course if Romo somehow plays I could see this getting ugly for Dallas. They'll be better off without him.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Panthers(I think the dirtybirds shot their last load for Tony G on Monday night, I hope not)
Cincy
Titans
Indy
Miami
Lions
Giants
Pitts
Packers
Denver
Patriots
Saints
49ers
SuperChargers
Seahawks(I hope the Rams crush em)
Eagles

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Surprised you want the Panthers to lose. Carolina and New Orleans are interesting in that probably every one would much rather play a road game in Carolina but many, including GB would rather see New Orleans at home. I like Carolina at the #2.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Surprised you want the Panthers to lose. Carolina and New Orleans are interesting in that probably every one would much rather play a road game in Carolina but many, including GB would rather see New Orleans at home. I like Carolina at the #2.

If the Panthers and Seahawks loose plus a 49ers victory over the cardo would make SF the NFC number one seed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

If the Panthers and Seahawks loose plus a 49ers victory over the cardo would make SF the NFC number one seed

True, but let's be realistic... Also, I don't think San Fran would be scared of going to Carolina at all. Assuming Seattle wins I'd think San Fran would want Carolina as the #2 seed. No one wants to play New Orleans in that dome. Of course if Seattle loses again then you root hard for Atlanta. Not sure if the games are on at the same time.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

True, but let's be realistic... Also, I don't think San Fran would be scared of going to Carolina at all. Assuming Seattle wins I'd think San Fran would want Carolina as the #2 seed. No one wants to play New Orleans in that dome. Of course if Seattle loses again then you root hard for Atlanta. Not sure if the games are on at the same time.
six weeks ago , everyone thought that Seattle had the division locked up and that they were invincible up there ,as for the Saints , the 49ers know if they have to play the Saints in the dome,they match up well with that team or any othertean on the road..speaking of the Saints it's a shame if the 49ers are a fifth seed all due to thst bogus call in November vs da Saints Dree Brees

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
Murat Baslamisli Other Sports 3
DarthFed Other Sports 49