2013 NFL Season: Weekly Picks

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Onto Week 16:

Miami @ Buffalo - Dolphins. They are running hot and have to feel good after last week. With 2 wins I think they'd get in.

Vikings @ Bengals - Cincy
Colts @ Chiefs - KC
Bucs @ Rams - Rams though nothing surprises me with them. 1 awesome week followed by 1 bad one usually.

Browns @ Jets - Jets
Cowboys @ Redskins - Even the Cowboys won't find a way to lose this one...I think.
Saints @ Panthers - Game of the week. Saints suck on the road but they are experienced. I will pick Saints as my slight upset of the week.

Titans @ Jags - Jags get it done.
Broncos @ Texans - After being let off the hook by New England last week I don't think they'll have another collapse. Denver wins.

Giants @ Lions - Lions. See Cowboys above, I don't think even Detroit finds a way to lose this one.
Cardinals @ Seahawks - Seahawks
Steelers @ Packers - The big game. I think Rodgers will go and even rusty they should beat Pittsburgh. Pitt likely will have nothing to play for after the first round of games where they might be mathematically eliminated. If Rodgers is out it is close to 50-50 but probably Pitt wins. So I will say GB finds a way.

Raiders @ Chargers - Chargers
Pats @ Ravens - Ravens are still fighting for their lives and should win this one.
Bears @ Eagles - Interesting scenario for Philly. If the Cowboys win vs. the Redskins this game is almost meaningless as the week 17 game decides the division. If the Cowboys lose then Philly would wrap up the division with a win. Given that the former is likely I pick the Bears.

Interesting and very hopeful scenario for a Packers fan: Bears lose the above game and the Lions win out which makes the week 17 Monday nighter of GB vs. Chicago a meaningless game for Chicago (who would be mathematically eliminated). They'd still play for pride and hope to knock GB out of the playoffs but that is a far cry from playing for a trip to the playoffs.

EDIT: I was mistaken, there is no Monday night game in week 17. And the Packers-Bears play at 1pm eastern so they will definitely be playing for their playoff lives.

EDITED AGAIN FOR MY STUPIDITY: San Fran beats Atlanta

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Miami
Cincy
Rams
Jets
Cowpokes
Panthers
Titans
Denver
Lions
Seahawks
Pitt
Chargers
Pats
Bears
49ers

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Onto Week 16:

Miami @ Buffalo - Dolphins. They are running hot and have to feel good after last week. With 2 wins I think they'd get in.

Colts @ Chiefs - KC
Bucs @ Rams - Rams though nothing surprises me with them. 1 awesome week followed by 1 bad one usually.

Browns @ Jets - Jets
Cowboys @ Redskins - Even the Cowboys won't find a way to lose this one...I think.
Saints @ Panthers - Game of the week. Saints suck on the road but they are experienced. I will pick Saints as my slight upset of the week.

Broncos @ Texans - After being let off the hook by New England last week I don't think they'll have another collapse. Denver wins.

Giants @ Lions - Lions. See Cowboys above, I don't think even Detroit finds a way to lose this one.
Steelers @ Packers - The big game. I think Rodgers will go and even rusty they should beat Pittsburgh. Pitt likely will have nothing to play for after the first round of games where they might be mathematically eliminated. If Rodgers is out it is close to 50-50 but probably Pitt wins. So I will say GB finds a way.

Pats @ Ravens - Ravens are still fighting for their lives and should win this one.
Bears @ Eagles - Interesting scenario for Philly. If the Cowboys win vs. the Redskins this game is almost meaningless as the week 17 game decides the division. If the Cowboys lose then Philly would wrap up the division with a win. Given that the former is likely I pick the Bears.

Interesting and very hopeful scenario for a Packers fan: Bears lose the above game and the Lions win out which makes the week 17 Monday nighter of GB vs. Chicago a meaningless game for Chicago (who would be mathematically eliminated). They'd still play for pride and hope to knock GB out of the playoffs but that is a far cry from playing for a trip to the playoffs.

EDIT: I was mistaken, there is no Monday night game in week 17. And the Packers-Bears play at 1pm eastern so they will definitely be playing for their playoff lives.

The 49ers last game at Candlestick is against the Falcons.. you don't need the points:blush:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Miami @ Buffalo - Fins
Colts @ Chiefs - Chiefs
Bucs @ Rams - Bucs
Browns @ Jets - Jets
Cowboys @ Redskins - The Boys
Saints @ Panthers - NOLA
Titans @ Jags - Jags
Broncos @ Texans - Denver
Giants @ Lions - Lions
Cardinals @ Seahawks - Hawks
Steelers @ Packers - The Pack
Pats @ Ravens - Pats
Bears @ Eagles - Bears

Hey gang, AP is right. There is a Mon night game: ATL @ 49ers - Frisco

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
Onto Week 16:

Colts @ Chiefs - KC

Browns @ Jets - Jets

The 49ers last game at Candlestick is against the Falcons.. you don't need the points:blush:

Someone else should be in charge of this. I am messing up way too much.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:
Onto Week 16:

Colts @ Chiefs - KC

Browns @ Jets - Jets

Someone else should be in charge of this. I am messing up way too much.

Relax Darth. even if you go on IR for the rest of the season with your picks. you have clinched the 2013 season championship:clap

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Miami @ Buffalo - Miami
Vikings @ Bengals - Bengals
Colts @ Chiefs - Colts
Bucs @ Rams - Rams
Browns @ Jets - Jets
Cowboys @ Redskins - Cowboys
Saints @ Panthers - Saints
Titans @ Jags - Titans
Broncos @ Texans - Broncos
Giants @ Lions - Lions
Steelers @ Packers - Packers
Pats @ Ravens - Patriots
Bears @ Eagles - Bears
Atlanta @ 49ers - 49ers

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
AP smoked us this week. You got all the close calls right and KS and I got them all wrong, nice work! Currently 11-4, BB is 9-6, KS and I are 6-9. Will update tomorrow.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
AP smoked us this week. You got all the close calls right and KS and I got them all wrong, nice work! Currently 11-4, BB is 9-6, KS and I are 6-9. Will update tomorrow.

Thanks Darth.. its been a strange week.. I cant believe teams like the Bears, Lions, Dolphins failed to secure their playoff spots..

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Buffalo is pretty decent at home, I wasn't surprised by that. The Lions losing and Bears getting destroyed were surprising. That ended up making the Packers loss meaningless, and what an awful loss it was. Talk about a team not deserving to win and that's GB yesterday.

I have a feeling Ted Thompson will keep AR out for next Sunday. He has been the one making the final decision on Rodgers the last couple weeks and it likely has to do with him feeling that the team won't go deep in the playoffs anyways. An absolutely ridiculous attitude for a GM of the team to have especially when said team has the best QB in the NFL. That alone will always give GB a shot in the playoffs. I think Mr. Thompson is going to face a whole hell of a lot of criticism if the Packers don't make the playoffs. Not the first time with him as he made the decision to not let Favre back on the Packers after unretiring the 1st time. That one worked out, this one obviously hasn't/won't.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Buffalo is pretty decent at home, I wasn't surprised by that. The Lions losing and Bears getting destroyed were surprising. That ended up making the Packers loss meaningless, and what an awful loss it was. Talk about a team not deserving to win and that's GB yesterday.

I have a feeling Ted Thompson will keep AR out for next Sunday. He has been the one making the final decision on Rodgers the last couple weeks and it likely has to do with him feeling that the team won't go deep in the playoffs anyways. An absolutely ridiculous attitude for a GM of the team to have especially when said team has the best QB in the NFL. That alone will always give GB a shot in the playoffs. I think Mr. Thompson is going to face a whole hell of a lot of criticism if the Packers don't make the playoffs. Not the first time with him as he made the decision to not let Favre back on the Packers after unretiring the 1st time. That one worked out, this one obviously hasn't/won't.

agreed.. If that is his philosphy towards the team.. it stinks.. Facing da Bears is going to be very interesting because in Chicago, 99% of the city and team's personel wants to go back to Josh.. I said it before.. I think Cutler may be done in this town if he cant win this division.

The Lions are the Dallas Cowpokes of the NFL North
The Packers are playing with almost their 2nd string squad
The Vikings have had about 10 qb changes and AP has been beat up all year not to mention his personal lost with the death of his infant son.

How can Jay Cutler not secure the division title .. Its ridiculous

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

agreed.. If that is his philosphy towards the team.. it stinks.. Facing da Bears is going to be very interesting because in Chicago, 99% of the city and team's personel wants to go back to Josh.. I said it before.. I think Cutler may be done in this town if he cant win this division.

The Vikings have had about 10 qb changes and AP has been beat up all year not to mention his personal lost with the death of his infant son.

I was holding my breath every time Cutler got hit yesterday because I was worried that they'd go to McCown and keep him in for the GB game. Assuming Rodgers is out the only way GB wins is to run like crazy on the Bears and have Cutler give them 2+ turnovers. Both are very doable actually. But they need both to have a chance.

If AR is playing they should beat the Bears like always. GB would be the 4 seed and if your 49ers drop the game in Arizona next week they'd be the #6 seed putting New Orleans in Green Bay in the 1st round. A dream scenario. And looking ahead they could face Carolina in round 2. With Rodgers back I think they win that as well if that's the 2nd rounder.

That is one of the reasons that Thompson's view is borderline nuts. GB's old GM Ron Wolf always regretted not getting Favre more help when he was in his prime. He was right in some ways but what's transpired here the last few years is far worse and it's happened with an even better QB. You can't just give up on years and plan for the future when you have Rodgers at QB. That's a cardinal sin.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It was surprisingly a pretty good game last night but with the expected result in the end.

AP went 12-4, BB went 10-6, KS and I went 7-9. Since Didi didn't pick I propose that we give him a 6-10 record (1 game worse than the worst score). Let me know if you think that's reasonable. Great week for AP especially given the few huge upsets that everyone got wrong.

After week 16:

DarthFed: 150-89-1
AP: 144-95-1
Didi: 143-96-1 (if we give him 6-10)
KS: 141-98-1
BB: 139-100-1

Things just got a whole lot tighter after this week. I encourage everyone to look through their picks to see if I made any mistakes again.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

I was holding my breath every time Cutler got hit yesterday because I was worried that they'd go to McCown and keep him in for the GB game. Assuming Rodgers is out the only way GB wins is to run like crazy on the Bears and have Cutler give them 2+ turnovers. Both are very doable actually. But they need both to have a chance.

If AR is playing they should beat the Bears like always. GB would be the 4 seed and if your 49ers drop the game in Arizona next week they'd be the #6 seed putting New Orleans in Green Bay in the 1st round. A dream scenario. And looking ahead they could face Carolina in round 2. With Rodgers back I think they win that as well if that's the 2nd rounder.

That is one of the reasons that Thompson's view is borderline nuts. GB's old GM Ron Wolf always regretted not getting Favre more help when he was in his prime. He was right in some ways but what's transpired here the last few years is far worse and it's happened with an even better QB. You can't just give up on years and plan for the future when you have Rodgers at QB. That's a cardinal sin.

Excellent analysis Darth. KSkate what is the skinny these days in Chicago, I think the only two people who wants Cutler to play is Brandon Marshall and Darth Fed. As for the Cowpokes, even Jerry stated afterwards of the Washington game he had given up on his team when they were loosing again, that's Foul. Now that Romo has a bad back, Jerry and Jason has not completely ruled him out of the game. I actually think that they are going to give Tony a hot shot or epidural injection to stick Romo in the line up

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
It was surprisingly a pretty good game last night but with the expected result in the end.

AP went 12-4, BB went 10-6, KS and I went 7-9. Since Didi didn't pick I propose that we give him a 6-10 record (1 game worse than the worst score). Let me know if you think that's reasonable. Great week for AP especially given the few huge upsets that everyone got wrong.

After week 16:

DarthFed: 150-89-1
AP: 144-95-1
Didi: 143-96-1 (if we give him 6-10)
KS: 141-98-1
BB: 139-100-1

Things just got a whole lot tighter after this week. I encourage everyone to look through their picks to see if I made any mistakes again.

Thanks Darth, it's will be a wild finish

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The reports on Romo are weird. You have 1 saying he is day to day, another saying he is definitely out and may have a herniated disc that will require surgery. Orton is a very capable backup though so I'd imagine he is going to get the start.

If Chicago was to bench Cutler now it'd be inserting foot into mouth and admitting the mistake of starting him at all the last couple weeks. I doubt they will do that, and I am banking on it. Only time Jay beat GB was with the ridiculous assistance of 21 penalties. Of course that was with Rodgers, any team can and likely will beat Huckleberry Flynn's Packers.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
The reports on Romo are weird. You have 1 saying he is day to day, another saying he is definitely out and may have a herniated disc that will require surgery. Orton is a very capable backup though so I'd imagine he is going to get the start.

If Chicago was to bench Cutler now it'd be inserting foot into mouth and admitting the mistake of starting him at all the last couple weeks. I doubt they will do that, and I am banking on it. Only time Jay beat GB was with the ridiculous assistance of 21 penalties. Of course that was with Rodgers, any team can and likely will beat Huckleberry Flynn's Packers.

It will take devine intervention from above to bench Jay although all the football experts such as the ones on this thread, ESPN and etc knows that clown should be replaced.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Changing gears I found myself rooting hard for Atlanta last night and will actually be rooting for the Boys on Sunday and the reason being is that San Fran and Philly are two very dangerous teams that no one wants to see in the playoffs. If Dallas gets in they will lose to SF or New Orleans which would get GB to play Carolina if they get in and win the 1st round.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Changing gears I found myself rooting hard for Atlanta last night and will actually be rooting for the Boys on Sunday and the reason being is that San Fran and Philly are two very dangerous teams that no one wants to see in the playoffs. If Dallas gets in they will lose to SF or New Orleans which would get GB to play Carolina if they get in and win the 1st round.

It's gonna be a rough road ahead in any scenario for the pack

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:

Darth.. What the latest on AR.. Will he play. I wouldnt be surprised in Chicago that it may be a quick hook on Jay although Josh saying that he may not play next year.. thats doesnt make sense.. he can make millions if he comes back.. those idiots(Cowboys management) are still trying to access Romo's back.. Philly has got to be the favorite although they are playing at Jerry's world

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
Murat Baslamisli Other Sports 3
DarthFed Other Sports 49