2013 NFL Season: Weekly Picks

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah I hear you about that AP. It seems that the 49ers would be going for the #1 seed this week without that call. But I won't cry for you too much given that the 49ers should have been the 3 seed last year.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Carolina @ Atlanta - Carolina
Baltimore @ Cincinnatti - Baltimore
Houston @ Tennessee - Tennessee
Jacksonville @ Indianpolis - Indianapolis
Jets @ Miami - Miami
Detroit @ Minnesota - Detroit
Washington @ Giants - Giants
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh
Green Bay @ Chicago - Chicago
Denver @ Oakland - Denver
Buffalo @ New England - New England
Tampa @ New Orleans - New Orleans
49ers @ Arizona - 49ers
Kansas City @ San Diego - Kansas City
St. Louis @ Seattle - Seattle
Philadelphia @ Dallas - Dallas

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Sorry guys I've been out for a week and just got back last night. Hope everyone had a nice holiday. Onto to week 17:
Carolina @ Atlanta - Panthers
Baltimore @ Cincinnatti - Cinci
Houston @ Tennessee - Titans
Jacksonville @ Indianpolis - Indy
Jets @ Miami - Fins
Detroit @ Minnesota - Minny
Washington @ Giants - Giants
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh - Pitt
Green Bay @ Chicago - The Pack
Denver @ Oakland - Broncos
Buffalo @ New England - Pats
Tampa @ New Orleans - NOLA
49ers @ Arizona - 49ers
Kansas City @ San Diego - Chargers
St. Louis @ Seattle - Hawks
Philadelphia @ Dallas - Eagles

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Ha. Bears miss the playoffs again and they can't blame it on Lovie this time.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Ha. Bears miss the playoffs again and they can't blame it on Lovie this time.

U r da#n straight they can't blame coach Smith..KS. I am in the Bay area, how DoD Jay Cutler play..I know it's gonna piss off that team they let GB come alll the way back from Hades to win the division, someone head should roll, but not Lovie's this time

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Cutty actually played pretty well. He kept them in it instead of gifting the opponent free points. The defense is terrible right now. I never thought I'd see the day when a Bears team would have horrible D. Bears can only blame themselves for missing the playoffs. They had a golden opportunity last week to wrap up the division and they laid an egg. This week they had a home game against a rusty Rogers and a Cutler who didn't throw pik 6's. They could not get the job done in a weak division this year. But Chicagoans will put the blame on someone and it will likely be Tressman.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Cutty actually played pretty well. He kept them in it instead of gifting the opponent free points. The defense is terrible right now. I never thought I'd see the day when a Bears team would have horrible D. Bears can only blame themselves for missing the playoffs. They had a golden opportunity last week to wrap up the division and they laid an egg. This week they had a home game against a rusty Rogers and a Cutler who didn't throw pik 6's. They could not get the job done in a weak division this year. But Chicagoans will put the blame on someone and it will likely be Tressman.

I would put the blame on the coach,Gm and Ted Phillips,they got rid of Lovie for this crap

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Crazy game. KS has it right, Cutler actually outplayed Rodgers for much of that game and the Bears still couldn't get it done. The Packers were able to run it better and just made the big plays in the 4th. Knocking the Bears out of the playoffs yet again makes the season not as much a failure especially given what's transpired.

My dream scenario darn near took place, was 1 stop and an OT victory away for Arizona. I don't like GB's chances at all vs. San Fran next week. Rodgers was rusty against a very poor defense. A really really cold/snowy game would give GB a shot but that's about it. If they had played New Orleans they would win, and SF would have likely beat Philly giving GB a 2nd round game at Carolina. They would have had a serious chance to get to at least the NFC title game if Arizona had pulled that game off. But I will take GB just being in the playoffs at this point and avoiding humiliation vs. their #1 rival.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The week 17 results were DarthFed and KS tying at 15-1, AP went 14-2, BB went 10-6 and we will give Didi 9-7.

End of regular season standings:

DarthFed: 165-90-1
AP: 158-97-1
KS: 156-99-1
Didi: 152-103-1
BB: 149-106-1

I will make the picks for postseason sometime this week. Just need time to cool down after watching the Packer today :)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
The week 17 results were DarthFed and KS tying at 15-1, AP went 14-2, BB went 10-6 and we will give Didi 9-7.

I will make the picks for postseason sometime this week. Just need time to cool down after watching the Packer today :)

Congrats Darth , you are the regular season champion...it's good to see the man AR back and doing his thing.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

Congrats Darth , you are the regular season champion...it's good to see the man AR back and doing his thing.

Yes it is a world of difference watching him play instead of the backups they've had the last 8 weeks. Lots of great throws they wouldn't even attempt. However, he had a lot of bad plays too and was overthrowing sometimes and throwing behind the receivers on others. Hopefully he will have worked out the rust after this one.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Darth,what's your take on black Mondays..I have an issue with the Bears because of last years firing of Lovie Smith, the bears are better offensive but their defense is the worst I have seen in Chitownin quite some timeyoir thoughts.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Darth,what's your take on black Mondays..I have an issue with the Bears because of last years firing of Lovie Smith, the bears are better offensive but their defense is the worst I have seen in Chitownin quite some timeyoir thoughts.

It's a necessary evil, where teams take out the trash, but then there are a few surprises and Lovie Smith last year was one of them. As a Packer fan I was glad to see him go because he is a defensive guru. Lovie also was done in partly by injuries his last 2 years though last season was mostly just a late season collapse (they were 7-1 I believe and still missed the playoffs).

Tressman obviously has them playing great offense but Jeffery's development is a big part of it. Not to mention the fact that McCown was way better than Cutler has ever played. If Lovie stayed this year it stands to reason that the defense would be much better and the offense slightly worse. Honestly every NFC North team should be ashamed this year, you have one of the NFL's best players and its best QB (yes I know Peyton was money this year but I'd take Rodgers any day) miss half the season and they still couldn't snatch the division.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:

It's a necessary evil, where teams take out the trash, but then there are a few surprises and Lovie Smith last year was one of them. As a Packer fan I was glad to see him go because he is a defensive guru. Lovie also was done in partly by injuries his last 2 years though last season was mostly just a late season collapse (they were 7-1 I believe and still missed the playoffs).

Tressman obviously has them playing great offense but Jeffery's development is a big part of it. Not to mention the fact that McCown was way better than Cutler has ever played. If Lovie stayed this year it stands to reason that the defense would be much better and the offense slightly worse. Honestly every NFC North team should be ashamed this year, you have one of the NFL's best players and its best QB (yes I know Peyton was money this year but I'd take Rodgers any day) miss half the season and they still couldn't snatch the division.

agreed, every coach in the NFC North deserves to be fired besides McCarthy

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Shanahan is out, that had to happen. That guy has become a real mess. I think Tressman will not be losing his job but Frazier is already out in Minny. I can see the Lions keeping Schwartz but maybe not. Their collapse was absolutely ridiculous.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Shanahan is out, that had to happen. That guy has become a real mess. I think Tressman will not be losing his job but Frazier is already out in Minny. I can see the Lions keeping Schwartz but maybe not. Their collapse was absolutely ridiculous.

I think Swartz should have been the 1st fired

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
btw.. snow and less than 10 degrees is the weather forecast for Sunday.. well might asget ready for what couldbe a very frigid Superbowl weather conditions:nono

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

I think Swartz should have been the 1st fired

Yeah but we will see if the Lions are too stupid to realize it. In a league of parity such things as discipline can play a huge role and that team has none. It has taken on the personality of the coach.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
Murat Baslamisli Other Sports 3
DarthFed Other Sports 49