Reactions
DATE: Mar 7 - Mar 17, 2019
SURFACE: Hard
PRIZE MONEY: $8,359,455
FIELD SIZE: 96
DEFENDING CHAMPION: Juan Martin del Potro

IWTG@2x.jpg

The Venue:

Under the watch of Larry Ellison, the founder of Oracle (a huge Database company) and one of the world's richest men, Indian Wells has firmly established itself as one of the world's elite tennis venues. The views might not match those of Monte Carlo, but the facilities are state of the art.

The Indian Wells Tennis Garden boasts the second largest tennis stadium in the world with Stadium 1 housing over 16,000 fans and 44 suites. Only Flushing Meadows can boast a higher capacity.

The venue is situated near Palm Springs, California, in the Coachella Valley and has also played host to various artists such as The Who and Andrea Bocelli. It has also hosted NBA pre-season games.

Stadium-2-1-1024x1024.jpg

The Top Players:

1. Novak Djokovic
2. Rafael Nadal
3. Alexander Zverev
4. Roger Federer
5. Kevin Anderson
6. Kei Nishikori
7. Dominic Thiem
8. John Isner
9. Stefanos Tsitsipas
10. Marin Cilic

Wildcards:

Reilly Opelka
Donald Young
Jared Donaldson
Laslo Djere
Felix Auger-Aliassime

kaqI7DX.png

LMziVY3.png

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just like last year, I will go to Indian Wells. For the first time since I started going into the event, I will go two days instead of only one day. One day is to just watch players practice and the other day is to watch players play a match (especially doubles matches). Just like last year I will post some pictures from the event.

PS: I do not take selfies ;)

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Glad to see FAA get a wildcard and looking forward to seeing him in more events this year.

Just think that 14 months ago, Tsitsipas finished 2017 ranked #91 and now he's seeded 9th in a Masters.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Glad to see FAA get a wildcard and looking forward to seeing him in more events this year.

Just think that 14 months ago, Tsitsipas finished 2017 ranked #91 and now he's seeded 9th in a Masters.

El Dude, I will try my best to see FAA in practice or match play. I will send pictures if I get to see him :)

Reactions: britbox and El Dude

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Even if I know the most likely end djokovic wining Indian wells for the 6th time, I still think its going to be great event to watch regardless.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

That is good. I don't like the fact that they gave a WC to "young and upcoming US player" Donald Young again. He became a pro 15 years ago and basically makes living off the wild cards. They should have given that wild card to some other young American or for that matter even to a foreign player.

Reactions: tented

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I've never seen Rafa practicing with sunglasses and I like the idea if he plays with sleeves

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
i forget what happens in this tourney..i see the womens has started but the mens draw still has not happened.

any late pull outs ?..big kev has has an elbow prob recently.. i noticed nick k has zoomed in as a seed after his 45ish rank rise today.

ok i just read the info at the top..march 7th rd1.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
i forget what happens in this tourney..i see the womens has started but the mens draw still has not happened.

any late pull outs ?..big kev has has an elbow prob recently.. i noticed nick k has zoomed in as a seed after his 45ish rank rise today.

ok i just read the info at the top..march 7th rd1.
Mick cannot be seeded. This is a master not a major. Has only 16 seeds, not 32.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The qualification round 1 starts today.
In both IW and Miami the main event start on Thursdays.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
It will interesting to see how the 500 series champions federer, Kygrios monfils go in this masters event can they back it up.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
For once Federer has a relatively easy draw. Ralph might get eaten up by Medvedev, Khachanov or for that matter even ShortMan. Giantkiller Nick is facing Novak early. Assuming Nick manages to win his opening match, he will see Novak across the net, giving him the energy to play.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They are two big stadiums at Indian Wells, similar to grand slam venues.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For once Federer has a relatively easy draw. Ralph might get eaten up by Medvedev, Khachanov or for that matter even ShortMan. Giantkiller Nick is facing Novak early. Assuming Nick manages to win his opening match, he will see Novak across the net, giving him the energy to play.
I don’t think Medvedev can beat Nadal. Khachanov maybe, but I am not sure if the surface is fast enough for Khachanov. Karen’s form has not been good recently.

Reactions: Moxie

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well, if you are expecting Nick would have the same results than Acapulco you are dreaming unless that he plays "injured" again, calling the trainer several times because his knees, takes time out because his stomach and getting some massages because his back, then maybe he could reach the final........:lulz2:. By the way who you think would beat Roger? I didn't hear you B-)

Reactions: Andy22