Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, Masters 1000

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's quite simple. He could agree Mirka was in the wrong but still "defend her honor" if Stan was saying some not so nice things after the match (speculation I know). Remember I was initially replying to Fiero who found it annoying that Roger would defend Mirka after the match.
Roger defended Mirka how ? Besides fiero is a self-admitted small to very small penis, it’d be wise not to take his word for anything.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Many articles state that it was a long heated argument and they even got forced into a separate room by tournament officials. Yes, I'm speculating that Stan was saying some not so nice things about Mirka. It's a fucking message board and speculation is part of it.

Are we really supposed to think Stan just went up whining to Roger and just told him that Mirka isn't being nice? If that was the case I highly doubt things would get so heated. Or was it more like "Roger, how about you control your bitch. She's fucking with me even right as I'm serving". What's more likely to cause a long and heated argument, one in which Roger was apparently more assertive.
Ok by definition you can’t be sure of it then, since you were just speculating.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It's quite simple. He could agree Mirka was in the wrong but still "defend her honor" if Stan was saying some not so nice things after the match (speculation I know). Remember I was initially replying to Fiero who found it annoying that Roger would defend Mirka after the match.

Expected; not annoyed really! It just bugged me that Roger went all out to win that match more than likely already knowing he wouldn't be able to play the final! Psychologically he was really messing w/ Stan when he's needed to be @ his best to perform in DC the following wk!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Expected; not annoyed really! It just bugged me that Roger went all out to win that match more than likely already knowing he wouldn't be able to play the final! Psychologically he was really messing w/ Stan when he's needed to be @ his best to perform in DC the following wk!

And if Roger forfeited the match in the 3rd set we know you'd be all over his ass for giving up.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
And if Roger forfeited the match in the 3rd set we know you'd be all over his ass for giving up.

You must not have played very much! Good tennis players can choreograph a match down to the match score! I played my dentist in the 2nd round of our club tournament! He was going to be working on me in a few days so I wasn't going to embarrass him! I went to a lead, let him win a few games to catch up, then closed it out, 7-5, 7-5! He didn't have a clue! Old timers often gave away sets to friends in majors! Nowadays it's not enough to beat the opponent, players like Fedal challenge every freakin' ball and won't allow a game if they can help it! That was never me! Roger saved 2 MP's in that YEC SF IIRC; didn't need to do that and still look competitive! :whistle: :p :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Last edited:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You must not have played very much! Good tennis players can choreograph a match down to the match score! I played my dentist in the 2nd round of our club tournament! He was going to be working on me in a few days so I wasn't going to embarrass him! I went to a lead, let him win a few games to catch up, then closed it out, 7-5, 7-5! He didn't have a clue! Old timers often gave away sets to friends in majors! Nowadays it's not enough to beat the opponent, players like Fedal challenge every freakin' ball and won't allow a game if they can help it! That was never me! Roger saved 2 MP's in that YEC SF IIRC; didn't need to do that and still look competitive! :whistle: :p :rolleyes: :ptennis:
Are you serious? You can do that at an exhibition match, but not at an official tournament. They have to play to win, otherwise it begins to look like match fixing. And if they are allowed to challenge, why not?

Reactions: Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Are you serious? You can do that at an exhibition match, but not at an official tournament. They have to play to win, otherwise it begins to look like match fixing. And if they are allowed to challenge, why not?

If the balls out by a foot, they should lose 2 challenges; same with Nadal! He can be up 6-0, 5-0, but still make bad challenges! Idiotic! :whistle:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If the balls out by a foot, they should lose 2 challenges; same with Nadal! He can be up 6-0, 5-0, but still make bad challenges! Idiotic! :whistle:
I am not talking about Federer alone, but anyone that plays tennis professionally.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't understand how you think Roger should have played that match differently. You have to win a match to get to the final. You assume that he knew he was blowing himself out to win that match. You have no idea when his back was too much to play the final, and it's very possible it was when he woke up the next day. You're basically suggesting that Roger should have tanked the match and given it to Stan. Well, not everyone is playing their dentist.

Reactions: El Dude