Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, Masters 1000

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For once Federer has a relatively easy draw. Ralph might get eaten up by Medvedev, Khachanov or for that matter even ShortMan. Giantkiller Nick is facing Novak early. Assuming Nick manages to win his opening match, he will see Novak across the net, giving him the energy to play.
Roger gets potentially the trending Stan or Fucsovics in the 3rd. There's a possible banana skin there, but not so bad, if he makes it past that round.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don’t think Medvedev can beat Nadal. Khachanov maybe, but I am not sure if the surface is fast enough for Khachanov. Karen’s form has not been good recently.
If you're right about that, and I think you are, that likely puts Rafa in the final. I don't think his draw is too bad. I have no idea what to do with Kyrgios v Djokovic in my draw for the 3rd round. Plus, Monfils is in there, and he's been playing so well. Djokovic got dealt the tough hand, of the big 3.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I don’t think Medvedev can beat Nadal. Khachanov maybe, but I am not sure if the surface is fast enough for Khachanov. Karen’s form has not been good recently.

Yes, that is the problem. Kachanov has been losing to anyone and his dog... he will be back on track at some point, but maybe not right now. If he shows up with the same for he showed up till now on 2019, there is no reason to believe it would even be competitive. The guy who won Paris masters last year would be a different story, I agree.

Medvedev, on the other hand, is playing serious tennis. And before anyone says his tennis is boring, I can safely say that this is completely and totally true. Yes, it is as boring as fu.. (no, that's not boring), is as boring as he... (not boring again) as boring as watching paint dry. But it is massively effective, as he serves well, actually has a lot of skill and mainly has a very good head, and keeps completely cool in big moments. Historically this is not enough against Nadal, but nowadays a good server who can keep the ball in play may give Nadal trouble. So, between the two, at this point in time, I guess Medvedev has the best shot.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, if you are expecting Nick would have the same results than Acapulco you are dreaming unless that he plays "injured" again, calling the trainer several times because his knees, takes time out because his stomach and getting some massages because his back, then maybe he could reach the final........:lulz2:. By the way who you think would beat Roger? I didn't hear you B-)

1. I did not say anything about Nick reaching final. All I am talking about he taking out Novak. I don't care if he loses in the next round to No-body-vak.

2. Roger is guaranteed to reach QF. I don't see any banana skin till then. Actually I would say Roger reaches the final with a very high chance and if Nole is not on the other side of the net, might win this one also.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
If you're right about that, and I think you are, that likely puts Rafa in the final.

Are you forgetting who Ralph has to play in the SF? :rolleyes:

I don't think his draw is too bad.

Trust me, Ralph's draw is bad. He has everyone from ShortMan (Diego) to LongMan (Isner) in his quarter. Do you remember the level of fight Diego gave to Ralph on hallowed grounds of RG and this is hard court. In between short and long man comes Medvedev and Khachanov. Either of them are capable of taking Ralph out on a good day.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Are you forgetting who Ralph has to play in the SF? :rolleyes:

Trust me, Ralph's draw is bad. He has everyone from ShortMan (Diego) to LongMan (Isner) in his quarter. Do you remember the level of fight Diego gave to Ralph on hallowed grounds of RG and this is hard court. In between short and long man comes Medvedev and Khachanov. Either of them are capable of taking Ralph out on a good day.
Are you forgetting that it's a long way to the SF?

I definitely think you over-estimate Isner and Schwartzman, if nothing else.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
I think nadal can make the final easy if he plays like he did going into the AO final has a winning record on everyone on his side of the draw.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Santoro will start working with Milos in IW

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
And probably you haven't paid enough attention either to the Federer's matches during his whole career and how may times he has taken timeouts even that he never wasn't "injured". I think long time ego I posted those stats showing he has taken as more as Nadal including in the AO 2017 in the fifth set and after he was furious playing vs Nishi and this one took a timeout too, he really had a big guts lol
Rafa is pissed..He knows that Novak and that effort vs Kyrgios was extremely subpar. Both matches he has paid the heavy toll by surrendering the baseline so early in the rally due to his unacceptable service return position. Either he has suffered enough or someone’s prison bitch at IW he shall be.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rafa is pissed..He knows that Novak and that effort vs Kyrgios was extremely subpar. Both matches he has paid the heavy toll by surrendering the baseline so early in the rally due to his unacceptable service return position. Either he has suffered enough or someone’s prison bitch at IW he shall be.
The mach vs Novak doesn't have any words to describe it, awful played by Rafa, and the one vs Kyrgios having so many opportunities to win he throw away very badly. I hope he is not in that roller coaster like in 2015-16 when his mental strength was out and IW will help him to shake off that rough patch.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
For once Federer has a relatively easy draw. Ralph might get eaten up by Medvedev, Khachanov or for that matter even ShortMan. Giantkiller Nick is facing Novak early. Assuming Nick manages to win his opening match, he will see Novak across the net, giving him the energy to play.
No way nadal has a winning record against all those players you just said, its also one of the slowest hard courts in the world nadal definitely going to bring it federer in the semis would be the one nadal could lose or the final.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
xlZd1uD.png

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA wins the first set 6-3. Those in USA can watch the matches on your favorite computer on ESPN3. Also, nice coverage. I could pick and choose any one of their several different feeds (all IW matches) even on the opening day. :clap: