Indian Wells, BNP Paribas Open, Masters 1000

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA wins in straight sets.

Mischa loses and so we will not see a fight between bros.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The mach vs Novak doesn't have any words to describe it, awful played by Rafa, and the one vs Kyrgios having so many opportunities to win he throw away very badly. I hope he is not in that roller coaster like in 2015-16 when his mental strength was out and IW will help him to shake off that rough patch.
Nah..he is pissed ...Carlos will have him focused.. Rafa best chance is on these slower hard court...but you are correct..mentally he has got to be more than engaged

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Paire takes another nose-dive to Gunneswaran. He rather reminds me of Gulbis. There is a high-end to their games, but they mostly just wander around in the wilderness.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Chardy was upset by an American qualifier, Giron, ranked 217.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Chardy was upset by an American qualifier, Giron, ranked 217.
Chardy is another one. I almost mentioned him above, but he's not quite of their ilk. But he's a likewise flake.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You said you'd get to see Felix play...did you? If so, how's your impression, from up close?

Actually, I was not able to watch him in person that much because I watch Nadal and Federer practice. I did not think Felix's match will be that quick though.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
I'm pretty sure S.tsitsipas will handle felix easily 2-0 hope I I'm wrong because I want to see a good close match.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually, I was not able to watch him in person that much because I watch Nadal and Federer practice. I did not think Felix's match will be that quick though.
Actually better. How did they look in practice? I've seen Nadal practice once, at the USO.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually better. How did they look in practice? I've seen Nadal practice once, at the USO.

Nadal and Diego actually played a practice set (not too serious though). Nadal looked good in my opinion. He was attacking the ball and Diego was having a hard time keeping up with Nadal's ball.

As for Federer, it was hard to see him practice because him and Rafa were practicing simultaneously (which was a treat for us!).

Reactions: Andy22 and Moxie

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Indian Wells is on my 'bucket list' of tennis tournaments to attend.I have friends that go every year,they do live in California.
My hubby would go with my for the wonderful golf courses that are in IW.Great photos!

I am actually lucky that it is only an easy 1 hour drive from where I live, Margaret! Yeah, I could see why players vote Indian Wells as their favorite tournament because it is a beautiful venue to see in person. Also, the people are very calm, nice, knowledgeable and love to talk about tennis! It's like you know them for years the way fans just talk about Tennis.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am actually lucky that it is only an easy 1 hour drive from where I live, Margaret! Yeah, I could see why players vote Indian Wells as their favorite tournament because it is a beautiful venue to see in person. Also, the people are very calm, nice, knowledgeable and love to talk about tennis! It's like you know them for years the way fans just talk about Tennis.

It is a beautiful venue from the many photos I have seen,I am now extremely jealous.....Have Fun!

Reactions: Moxie

tented

Administrator
Reactions
JtS0jo2.png

Reactions: britbox