WTA News and Gossip 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
10sfan said:
Great to see Woz so happy, and looking forward to married life with Rory. I wonder what she means by "relatively young mom". In any case, I think she will make a wonderful mother.

I'm pretty sure she means shortly after she gets married which is fine, Kimmy wanted to be a young mom too.

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Tidbit:

Taylor Townsend: The 17-year-old won her first pro ITF tournament, losing just one set en route to the title at the $50,000 event in Charlottesville, Va. To top it off, she also won the doubles title with Asia Muhammed. The win puts her in the running for the USTA’s French Open wildcard.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Laura Robson makes the list of sexiest Women (at #92) by FHM. I agree with her selction
although the particular photograph is not very flattering.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2014/05/laura-robson-fhm-sexiest-list/51340/#.U2XR4mAU-M8

Yeah, way too much fake tan for one thing. Clearly a pretty girl but without the fake oompah loompah tan she'd look much nicer imo.

But that photo isn't Laura, is it? I mean, if it is, I'm getting me some Photoshop pro for Christmas! :p

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Seems that Vika is interested in weddings - wonder why - got any plans? he, he ;)

victoria azarenka ‏@vika7 11. maj

“@murphyjensen: Just Married! @WashKastles @vika7 pic.twitter.com/rFnETW9WWJ” whoooohoooo Murphy! Congrats xoxo

Well many of you Americans know Murphy who was a French Open doubles winner in 1993 and now spending a lot of time living out his dream as you can read below.

http://www.murphyjensen.com/

Welcome to the Murphy Jensen Experience

All I ever wanted was to live a life that I would never forget. My purpose in life is to ignite a passion for living and use my success to benefit others. Period. Living the dream for me is reaching for the best life has to offer, and sharing it with others with an attitude that believes anything is possible. From the red clay at the French Open to the hot lights of Hollywood, I have lived the dream. Murphy Jensen Worldwide is dedicated to living the dream and giving back to organizations like The Prostate Cancer Foundation and the Jensen-Schmidt Tennis Academy for Children with Down Syndrome.

Anything is possible, so dream BIG!

~ Murphy Jensen
BnULrxzCUAEgdAB.jpg

p9701089-3.jpg

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
^TIME is no joke....that's a major coup for an athlete far less a tennis player to get a cover. Kudos to Li:clap

R

Rose

^^ I must admit when they first started dating I just couldn't see them as a couple, but as the years have gone by I have to say that now I like them together.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Report from Kamakshi Tandon....Monday May 19th

Victoria Azarenka reports that her foot injury has improved,but says she does not know if she will play
Wimbledon.Azarenka,who has not played since Indian Wells,announced her withdrawl from next week's French Open.
" I am just starting to train again",she told L'Equipe
" I am trying to come back as soon as possible".

Asked if she would play Wimbledon,Azarenka would not identify when she might return."I've tried many treatments," Azarenka said."This is a complex injury.It's not like only a muscle problem.But I'm much better now".
"I do not know when I will be back".

The two time Australian Open Champion,often injured when she was coming up on tour,suggested that this problem could be the result of her heavy schedule since she became a Grand Slam Champion.

"I've really played very well in the past three years,and this is maybe my body sending me a signal, finding a way to tell me to take a step back," she said"."This has given me the opportunity to do different things,analyze why I miss tennis at this point".

She added,however that "this injury is not career-threatening".

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:

Victoria Azarenka reports that her foot injury has improved,but says she does not know if she will play
Wimbledon.Azarenka,who has not played since Indian Wells,announced her withdrawl from next week's French Open.

Asked if she would play Wimbledon,Azarenka would not identify when she might return."I've tried many treatments," Azarenka said."This is a complex injury.It's not like only a muscle problem.But I'm much better now".

The two time Australian Open Champion,often injured when she was coming up on tour,suggested that this problem could be the result of her heavy schedule since she became a Grand Slam Champion.

"I've really played very well in the past three years,and this is maybe my body sending me a signal, finding a way to tell me to take a step back," she said"."This has given me the opportunity to do different things,analyze why I miss tennis at this point".

Fashionista: I take this to mean Mrs Foo is enjoying her ..........

...errr time off while healing up

th

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
RJD11 said:
fashionista said:

Fashionista: I take this to mean Mrs Foo is enjoying her ..........

...errr time off while healing up

th

;)

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
BREAKING NEWS

Sad to report this but it's from the horse's mouth Rory breaking the engagement with Caroline:

Rory McIlroy broke off his engagement with Caroline Wozniacki just a few days after the couple sent the invitations to their November wedding.

“The problem is mine,” McIlroy said in a statement. “The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realise that I wasn’t ready for all that marriage entails.”

The 25-year-old golfer proposed to the 23-year-old tennis star on New Year’s Eve, and recently detailed that his plan to propose didn’t work out quite the way he had planned thanks to a “drunk guy.”

Happy New Year everyone! Rory and I started 2014 with a bang! … I said YES!!!! http://t.co/J7c2pXgsdC—
Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki) December 31, 2013

On Wednesday, McIlroy said the decision to call off their engagement was of mutual consent.

“There is no right way to end a relationship that has been so important to two people.

“I wish Caroline all the happiness she deserves and thank her for the great times we have had.”

Article here: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/05/rory-mcilroy-breaks-off-engagement-with-caroline-wozniacki

And another bigger article here just 13 min ago: http://www.golfbytourmiss.com/2014/05/rory-mcilroy-close-to-tears-confirming-end-of-his-relationship-with-wozniacki/

BoJ2suBIQAA0lyu.jpg

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
hoergren said:
BREAKING NEWS

Sad to report this but it's from the horse's mouth Rory breaking the engagement with Caroline:

Rory McIlroy broke off his engagement with Caroline Wozniacki just a few days after the couple sent the invitations to their November wedding.

“The problem is mine,” McIlroy said in a statement. “The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realise that I wasn’t ready for all that marriage entails.”

The 25-year-old golfer proposed to the 23-year-old tennis star on New Year’s Eve, and recently detailed that his plan to propose didn’t work out quite the way he had planned thanks to a “drunk guy.”

Happy New Year everyone! Rory and I started 2014 with a bang! … I said YES!!!! http://t.co/J7c2pXgsdC—

On Wednesday, McIlroy said the decision to call off their engagement was of mutual consent.

“There is no right way to end a relationship that has been so important to two people.

“I wish Caroline all the happiness she deserves and thank her for the great times we have had.”

Article here: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/05/rory-mcilroy-breaks-off-engagement-with-caroline-wozniacki

And another bigger article here just 13 min ago: http://www.golfbytourmiss.com/2014/05/rory-mcilroy-close-to-tears-confirming-end-of-his-relationship-with-wozniacki/

BoJ2suBIQAA0lyu.jpg

I just read the story. I am so sorry about their break-up. They really seemed to be best friends and enjoyed each other's company. Better that this happens now and not after vows have been exchanged. Both are still young and many times life takes you full circle.

R

Rose

I just read the article myself and was shocked especially after just seeing those pictures of them in this thread! You might know just as I had finally gotten used to them as a couple they break up--however I agree that it is better to break up now before a marriage than to have a marriage end in divorce. I hope Caroline can put this behind her and get back to working on her tennis game! It did always seem to me that she gave up the most time away from her tennis to be with Rory where he still seemed much more focused on his golf game.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
hoergren said:
BREAKING NEWS

BoJ2suBIQAA0lyu.jpg
This is unfortunate. I'm sure Caroline is distraught.

Next time he should think clearly before asking for someone's hand. A marriage proposal is a serious thing and shouldn't be taken lightly. A person should be entirely sure before they agree.

The engagement period is for planning a wedding, not validating or solidifying one's feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.