WTA News and Gossip 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
Hopefully Vika's foot problem will heal in time for Roland Garos?

Keep working Vika to be fit again.

It's disappointing cause I miss her in the game but I prefer for her to make sure that foot is right instead of returning too soon and getting rolled by a nobody:s it really does a number on the confidence

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
golds girl said:
fashionista said:
Hopefully Vika's foot problem will heal in time for Roland Garos?

Keep working Vika to be fit again.

It's disappointing cause I miss her in the game but I prefer for her to make sure that foot is right instead of returning too soon and getting rolled by a nobody:s it really does a number on the confidence

Yep I agree with your thoughts
Vika cannot afford to come back until that foot is healed.If she does it would certainly mean more time off the tour.I also miss Vika...lets hope we will see her at Roland Garos.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Genie Bouchard has hired a new strength and conditioning coach,Australian Scott Byrnes,who has worked with both Ivanovic and Azarenka.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Whatever happened to Vika getting married in India to that singer dude?

So no one knows the answer to this question. Are the rumors true or false?

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Well she is out of Madrid, Rome and questionable for the FO.

Is it .... a honeymoon?

She may be enjoying getting Red Fooed.

We don't know if its true or not but it will

come out soon if it is. Just have to wait and see.

But, It's hard to keep something like that a secret

looks like Something would have leaked by now

tented

Administrator
Reactions
RJD11 said:
She may be enjoying getting Red Fooed.

Except that sounds like something you wouldn't want to get.

"Does she have scarlet fever?"

"No, red fooed."

See what I mean? ;)

rugged

Futures Player
Reactions
hoergren said:
Reason to buy next months issue:cool:

BlbNHiGCEAICWTG.jpg

Ah Serena...thank you for those fabulous curves. Let the boys have those flat bods.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I feel like I would have read something in the myriad of gossip sites and blind gossip sites that I visit daily. I don't think they would have done this secretly. Her first marriage, he from a well-known family in the music industry....think this might be a big deal.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
golds girl said:
GameSetAndMath said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I feel like I would have read something in the myriad of gossip sites and blind gossip sites that I visit daily. I don't think they would have done this secretly. Her first marriage, he from a well-known family in the music industry....think this might be a big deal.

Thanks GG. I am not too much into gossip and I will take your word based on your
self professed expertise on gossip (and I mean it in a good way and not sarcastically).

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations are in order for former Russian tennis player Elena Dementieva and her husband Maxim Afinogenov.They became the proud parents of a baby girl,named Veronika,who arrived last Sunday.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
elena-dementieva-in-her-home-town.jpg

Elena Dementieva has just become mother of a little girl Veronika. Since her retirement at the end of the 2010 season, former World No.3 Dementieva has stayed out of the public eye, enjoying post-tennis life with her husband, ice hockey player Maxim Afinogenov. Fittingly for Fed Cup stalwart Dementieva, Veronika arrived last Sunday, coinciding with Russia's victory over Argentina, which confirmed their place in next year's World Group.

oinnh8qa78n_341398shcjscojkq.gif

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The romance between Stepanek and Kvitova is over.Apparently their manager made the announcement and it has been reported in the Czech media.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bethanie Mattek-Sands underwent hip surgery in New York on Monday,according to her agent Chuck Vine.

"We expect complete and full recovery" Vine said

" We cant put a time table on it but she's already up and walking around".

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
fashionista said:
The romance between Stepanek and Kvitova is over.Apparently their manager made the announcement and it has been reported in the Czech media.

This was one of the predictions I made at the end of last year. See the crystal ball
2014 thread for the 10 predictions that I made.

But, is there a new Czech WTA face involved in the break-up?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
fashionista said:

This was one of the predictions I made at the end of last year. See the crystal ball

Not as far as I am aware.

Czech tennis spokesperson,Karel Tejkal,said "Petra and Radek are friends and will continue to support one another".

Petra said "To combine a career and a relationship between two top players is sometimes impossible".

Watch this space....I doubt Steps will be single for very long:)

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
fashionista said:
GameSetAndMath said:
fashionista said:

Not as far as I am aware.

Czech tennis spokesperson,Karel Tejkal,said "Petra and Radek are friends and will continue to support one another".

Petra said "To combine a career and a relationship between two top players is sometimes impossible".

Watch this space....I doubt Steps will be single for very long:)

Yes because it seems like Step doesn't like to completely finish off his relationships before starting the new ones. I think there was some slight overlap between finishing his last marriage and Petra.
Well hopefully this doesn't wreck her emotionally....cause all she needs is an extra head case.:s

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
hoergren said:
elena-dementieva-in-her-home-town.jpg

Elena Dementieva has just become mother of a little girl Veronika. Since her retirement at the end of the 2010 season, former World No.3 Dementieva has stayed out of the public eye, enjoying post-tennis life with her husband, ice hockey player Maxim Afinogenov. Fittingly for Fed Cup stalwart Dementieva, Veronika arrived last Sunday, coinciding with Russia's victory over Argentina, which confirmed their place in next year's World Group.

oinnh8qa78n_341398shcjscojkq.gif

She looks so pretty and carefree. I'm happy for her:)

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Wimbledon prize money will increase by 10 percent this year. But more importantly – is Marion Bartoli eyeing a return to competition at Wimbledon? Buried deep in the AP story is this nugget:

Brook did not comment on speculation of a possible return to competition by Bartoli ahead of Wimbledon. The 29-year-old Frenchwoman retired suddenly after a loss at Cincinnati last August, explaining that her body could no longer take the strain after 14 years as a pro.

When asked if her entourage had been in touch recently and if Bartoli would be granted a wild card if she asked for one, Brook said: ”The rumors in France have not reached London yet, so we’ll wait and see.”

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wonder if Marion can be lured back to play at Wimbledon this year

From all the photo's I have seen of Marion she seems very happy and busy in her retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.