The Ultimate FEDAL (Wars) Thread

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer just said Rafa is the greatest of all time, that should settle the dispute? A big part to Rafas claim is his fifth year end no 1, and Fed made it happen as he defeated the Serb to make sure it happened....am sure that’s his preference that Rafa takes the goat status instead of Djokovic. Good times for Rafa fans!

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer just said Rafa is the greatest of all time, that should settle the dispute? A big part to Rafas claim is his fifth year end no 1, and Fed made it happen as he defeated the Serb to make sure it happened....am sure that’s his preference that Rafa takes the goat status instead of Djokovic. Good times for Rafa fans!
I thought it was mostly down to Majors. But it is good times for Rafa fans, right now. Thanks!

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just saying, if the no1 goat contender thinks that, it’s got to carry some weight and becomes hard for others to dispute. So yeah Rafa the goat!

Reactions: Andy22

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
nadal also the savor of tennis in 2008 before that masterpiece season tennis was dying+boring with Federer beaten weak players to win easy titles pre prime nadal-djokovic era, but was nadal-federer rivalry that saved tennis with nadal owning Federer than Djokovic come and made it even better.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nadal also the savor of tennis in 2008 before that masterpiece season tennis was dying+boring with Federer beaten weak players to win easy titles pre prime nadal-djokovic era, but was nadal-federer rivalry that saved tennis with nadal owning Federer than Djokovic come and made it even better.
Yes then Djokovic made mincemeat out of Rafa, so saved tennis as well?

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Federer fans need to stop living in the past he said himself that nadal will be the greatest player of all time, I'm sure he thinks nadal goat federer just not saying so he's own fans don't get mad at him even Federer knows how that a tennis king nadal is got to give him credit for that. also there always Djokovic so the fans should be happy that next gen could keep Federer ahead of Djokovic forever.;)

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sorry but the biggest peak in tennis is Nadal on clay not Novak on hardcourt. Do you want me to pull out the statistics and humiliate you? Rafa is always generous and kind in his words, but the fact remains that the highest level of tennis ever seen in the universe is Rafa on clay not Djokovic on hardcourt. I'd even say that Sampras on grass is a higher level than Djokovic on hardcourt. But Rafa on clay is far ahead of anyone, it's not even close.

That's bullshit.....Federer should have won both the 2007 and 2011 French finals, and in numerous other clay matches over the years he showed that he had a higher peak level on clay. You are drawing too much in the way of conclusions from Nadal winning a few clay matches over Federer and Djokovic that he never should have (like the Hamburg 2008 final). Djokovic also has given Nadal some beatings on clay. I would take either playing their A game over Nadal. Nadal winning as many French Opens as he has is one of the biggest overachievements in the history of tennis, though not as much of an overachievement as Nadal winning 4 US Opens.

Reactions: Bonaca

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
An inform Nadal in Paris is only beatable by Novak.
Everywhere else everyone could beat him.
He was even beaten by Missy thiem on HC.
She could have reached SF in Paris, now it’s not sure she survives 1st week. :facepalm:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Without the USO King Rafa playing, this tournament doesn't have a lot of credibility and depth. But you are right I will let things go and not engage any further with the Djokovic trolls... Let's enjoy the rest of this tournament because even it's more like an ATP 500 this year it's still better than nothing,...

I see that Tented the Dumb Beaver pulled a Twitter and deleted my post about Nadal overachieving. But let me repeat, Nadal has overachieved massively at the US Open. Djokovic pulled one of the worst choke jobs in Grand Slam final history in the 2013 final and Nadal was lucky to avoid both Djokovic and Federer in 2017 and 2019. Plus, Berretini and Medvedev (especially Medvedev) could have and should have won last year against Nadal.

Against Berretini, Nadal got that lucky mis-hit at the end of the first set to land in and save his bacon. And, of course, Medvedev flopped in the fifth set while Nadal was clearly on the ropes.

Reactions: Bonaca and Fiero425

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I see that Tented the Dumb Beaver pulled a Twitter and deleted my post about Nadal overachieving. But let me repeat, Nadal has overachieved massively at the US Open. Djokovic pulled one of the worst choke jobs in Grand Slam final history in the 2013 final and Nadal was lucky to avoid both Djokovic and Federer in 2017 and 2019. Plus, Berretini and Medvedev (especially Medvedev) could have and should have won last year against Nadal.

Against Berretini, Nadal got that lucky mis-hit at the end of the first set to land in and save his bacon. And, of course, Medvedev flopped in the fifth set while Nadal was clearly on the ropes.

You are such a fool. In 2013 Nadal also beat Djokovic at the Canadian Open right before the USO, so no it was not because of choking. Nadal was undefeated that whole hardcourt summer winning Canada, Cincinnati and the USO. He was at a whole different level than everyone. As for Medvedev again Nadal trashed him in Canada and was easily up 2 sets to love at the USO before HE let Medvedev get back into the match, but Rafa should have won in straight sets. Stop trying to rewrite history. If anything Rafa underachieved due to his many injuries throughout his career, often handing the no.1 ranking to Djokovic and Federer only because he had to miss slams and months almost every year during his prime. Nadal should be sitting on 25 slams right now and at least 300 weeks at no.1. It's Federer who is the biggest overachiever followed by Novak. Nadal is an underachiever.

• Wow
Reactions: Fiero425

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions

Novak most probably would have beaten bull in French F 2011 and don’t forget the sick luck of bull in the French semis 2013 fifth set.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Credit to Coric for being a cool customer and staying the course. Tsitsipas beat himself, for the most part, but some bad luck also happened.

I thought such concepts as "beating oneself" were not real. How many times did you take issue with that phrase when Federer clearly gifted Nadal matches on clay (like Hamburg 2008 and French Open 2011) and Federer fans pointed it out?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak most probably would have beaten bull in French F 2011 and don’t forget the sick luck of bull in the French semis 2013 fifth set.

That's like me saying what about the luck of Djokovic at the AO when Nadal missed an important easy shot in the 5th set and should have won? What about the luck of Djokovic at Wimbledon when they decided to close the roof despite no rain and Djokovic still barely won despite playing indoors? Please let's not talk about luck. lol

• Haha

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Seriously? The guy who enjoyed his first lead in the match at 1-0 in the 5th, some 4 hours in? And didn't see another one after like 3-1? And yet he probably should have won it? That's parallel universe talk.

Yeah, the guy who went up a break in the first set and then gifted the set to Nadal, standing 25 feet behind the baseline. Also the guy who finished the 4th set with incredible shots and had all the momentum before folding under pressure when Nadal was on his last knees. Yes, that guy.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Bonaca

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That's like me saying what about the luck of Djokovic at the AO when Nadal missed an important easy shot in the 5th set and should have won? What about the luck of Djokovic at Wimbledon when they decided to close the roof despite no rain and Djokovic still barely won despite playing indoors? Please let's not talk about luck. lol

Nadal was lucky to even be in that 5th set in the Australian Open final, and in general he is lucky to win a set against Djokovic at Wimbledon. Contrary to what idiots such as huntingyou and BwokenWoken claimed in 2010, Djokovic is clearly a superior grasscourt player to Nadal, and Nadal should just be thankful to take a set off of him when he can.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Bonaca

backhandslapper

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Quite the opposite. Federer and Djokovic ever beating Nadal on clay or taking an odd set from him at the French Open here and there have sparkled this illusion they "should have beaten him" in any of the FO finals, although it's the sort of illusion only the most dedicated Nadal haters ever really cling to, but the reality is, peak Nadal on clay is the mountain neither Federer nor Djokovic could climb.

Not only Federer couldn't have beaten Nadal in the 07 FO final. He should have lost to him at Wimbledon that very year. So it's actually Federer who mightily overachieved at Wimbledon. Possibly to an even greater extent than Nadal overachieved at USO (which, fairly, he did).