The Ultimate FEDAL (Wars) Thread

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
your welcome do you think thiem can get close to nadal next year at RG? maybe nadal-djokovic final one more time.
I think he is the closest to Nadal beside Novak. He will not beat him, not yet. I really hope to see them play one more RG F, though I know it will most likely go to Nadal.
I wrote it many times before, hope to see them play as often as possible, even when Novak loses. For me it’s simply the maximum in tennis!

Reactions: Andy22

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think he is the closest to Nadal beside Novak. He will not beat him, not yet. I really hope to see them play one more RG F, though I know it will most likely go to Nadal.
I wrote it many times before, hope to see them play as often as possible, even when Novak loses. For me it’s simply the maximum in tennis!

The maximum in tennis is watching Nadal play against anyone.

Reactions: Andy22

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
thanks and of course Djokovic will always be AO king hope next gen players don't ruin the big 3 fighting it against each other next years slams.

Reactions: Bonaca

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
dull's lack of WTF exposes his lack of talent and shows a giant hole in his resume

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
nadal is also the strongest player on tour by far unlike skinny little boy Federer who even he's wife can beat him in a fight lol] Djokovic has always been super strong anyway, injurys have never stopped nadal next gen players he owns if he plays 3 more season should at least get to 22 grand slams titles.:yesyes:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
nadal is also the strongest player on tour by far unlike skinny little boy Federer who even he's wife can beat him in a fight lol] Djokovic has always been super strong anyway, injurys have never stopped nadal next gen players he owns if he plays 3 more season should at least get to 22 grand slams titles.:yesyes:
If he can play 3 more seasons on this level without longer injury breaks he will reach more than 22. He can surpass Williams. That would be unreal.

Reactions: Moxie and Andy22

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
If he can play 3 more seasons on this level without longer injury breaks he will reach more than 22. He can surpass Williams. That would be unreal.
I also think Djokovic could at least get to 20 slams as well he wants to play for a long time like Federer.

Reactions: Fiero425

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I also think Djokovic could at least get to 20 slams as well he wants to play for a long time like Federer.
I hope he can add slams, but 20 will be extremely difficult. He is not that convincing against the younger player and of course Nadal and Federer are always there. AO will be good test where he really stands.

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
nadal is also the strongest player on tour by far unlike skinny little boy Federer who even he's wife can beat him in a fight lol] Djokovic has always beenwill super strong anyway, injurys have never stopped nadal next gen players he owns if he plays 3 more season should at least get to 22 grand slams titles.:yesyes:
Rafa needs another AO title.. the level of tennis he played the final two matches at the YEC is a good start but he need to play with the same mentality that he always has in the Davis Cup. I think RG will be extremely tougher this year and Wimbledon he will need to play almost perfect tennis. It always starts and ends with how well he can defends his serve..I am hopeful that he will have 2 more years at this level.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
I hope he can add slams, but 20 will be extremely difficult. He is not that convincing against the younger player and of course Nadal and Federer are always there. AO will be good test where he really stands.
Djokovic has beaten Federer in 3 Wimbledon finals always going to favourite for that title as well we see if he can defend AO its going to be hard but I think its between him and nadal for the win.

Reactions: Bonaca

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa needs another AO title.. the level of tennis he played the final two matches at the YEC is a good start but he need to play with the same mentality that he always has in the Davis Cup. I think RG will be extremely tougher this year and Wimbledon he will need to play almost perfect tennis. It always starts and ends with how well he can defends his serve..I am hopeful that he will have 2 more years at this level.
Why you think RG will be that tougher?
At Wimbledon with his best tennis will be enough? I give him more chances at AO an US than Wimbledon.
I think all of the 3 need a bit help to win more slams. Level of main opponents and the draw will decide a lot.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic has beaten Federer in 3 Wimbledon finals always going to favourite for that title as well we see if he can defend AO its going to be hard but I think its between him and nadal for the win.
Amen friend. Hope you are right!!!!

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
One question to the surface experts:

What are the court paces of US Open, YEC and AO?
Significant differences in speed and bounce?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Why you think RG will be that tougher?
At Wimbledon with his best tennis will be enough? I give him more chances at AO an US than Wimbledon.
I think all of the 3 need a bit help to win more slams. Level of main opponents and the draw will decide a lot.
RG will be tougher because Thiem is getting better and Novak’s game will be solid.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
RG will be tougher because Thiem is getting better and Novak’s game will be solid.
My opinion is if Nadal keep at least his level from this year there is no really threat. Maybe if Novak can raise his it will be a good F, but this have to be a huge raise from him.
Think we saw peak Thiem this year, he can adjust which means more stability/ less UFE = less Risk, this not enough. He plays this way because he knows it’s his only chance to beat them. problem for him is he didn’t play the best version of both. Hope he will get some lessons of both!
Whole other story if Nadal couldn’t keep his current level or Novak couldn’t play better.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
My opinion is if Nadal keep at least his level from this year there is no really threat. Maybe if Novak can raise his it will be a good F, but this have to be a huge raise from him.
Think we saw peak Thiem this year, he can adjust which means more stability/ less UFE = less Risk, this not enough. He plays this way because he knows it’s his only chance to beat them. problem for him is he didn’t play the best version of both. Hope he will get some lessons of both!
Whole other story if Nadal couldn’t keep his current level or Novak couldn’t play better.
Good points you make ..as for the Dominator reached his peak at RG 2019. I am not so sure ..but we will see