Andy Murray's herculean run to no. 1 ultimately led to his downfall

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I didn’t read the article because I’m lazy and it’s not about Nadal, but Murray after winning the Olympics and USO in 2012 and Wimbledon in 2013 was very unlucky to have to stop for surgery at the height of his success, and that really stopped him and changed the course of his career. Otherwise I believe he would have kept the momentum to reach at least 5-6 slams total.

Last edited:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Read the article?

I've been ranting about the same thing for a couple years already! I didn't call it Herculean; more insane since it's cost him his future in tennis! He was having injury problems going back years and the fool pushed himself to the max at the end of 2016 and barely squeaked out of taking the #1 ranking for a few minutes! I felt he wouldn't be the same and it turned out I was right! The same will happen to Rafa eventually, but he obviously has better doctors and his team smart enough to keep him off the court periodically; esp. in HC events which has saved him so far! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :eek: :rolleyes:

Reactions: luvsports!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You didn't read our thread on it prior to making your post, I guess. IMO, I don't think one 3 month run ruined Murray's hip. That kind of joint injury is about use over time, and probably from a misalignment issue. And had he really played more than he would have in that period of time? Sure it was a physical and emotional press to get to #1 and the YEC, but I don't think it was the reason he did in his hip.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You didn't read our thread on it prior to making your post, I guess. IMO, I don't think one 3 month run ruined Murray's hip. That kind of joint injury is about use over time, and probably from a misalignment issue. And had he really played more than he would have in that period of time? Sure it was a physical and emotional press to get to #1 and the YEC, but I don't think it was the reason he did in his hip.

This. At worst he just hastened the inevitable.

luvsports!

Club Member
Reactions
I've been ranting about the same thing for a couple years already! I didn't call it Herculean; more insane since it's cost him his future in tennis! He was having injury problems going back years and the fool pushed himself to the max at the end of 2016 and barely squeaked out of taking the #1 ranking for a few minutes! I felt he wouldn't be the same and it turned out I was right! The same will happen to Rafa eventually, but he obviously has better doctors and his team smart enough to keep him off the court periodically; esp. in HC events which has saved him so far! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :eek: :rolleyes:

Nadal has proven so many wrong for so long! I hope he continues to do so!

Reactions: Moxie