The Ultimate FEDAL (Wars) Thread

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Dear Dudes and Dudettes of Tennis Frontier,

I am pretty sure I do not have to explain why a thread like this was necessary to create. Hijacking of various threads and turning them into Fedal threads, discussing one's hair or the other one's nose have been extremely annoying and it turns off posters who otherwise want to contribute to the original subject matter. When posters want to give their two cents on a topic but they do not because they feel it is going to get lost in some meaningless (or misplaced) Fedal argument, it does not help anyone.

So, if you feel you have to say something regarding Fedal, feel free to post anything in this thread, within the forum rules , of course...BUT , if any thread turns into a Fedal, those comments will be moved here and the posters will be reminded to keep that tangent going in THIS thread.

Obviously, not everything will be worth moving. If someone makes a remark like " This reminds me of the time when Rafa played Roger in so and so event and he made the same shot...", it is all fine. It is relevant. But someone responds by saying " Yeah but Rafa had better hair in that tournament..." and so on and so forth and a Fedal tangent takes root, that conversation will be moved to this thread.

Keep it clean, have fun. And if someone says something regarding Fedal that has not been said before, I will buy him/her a steak dinner.

Cheers

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So if you mention Federer or Nadal in another thread, you get banned into the Netherworld?

I'm in. :cool:

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
THISGONBGUD.gif

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
so..zero mentions of fedal in other threads but its ok to mention 'Lemmiwinks the gerbil king' anywhere on the forums.

Bounce It !!

Club Member
Reactions
1972Murat said:

I am pretty sure I do not have to explain why a thread like this was necessary to create. Hijacking of various threads and turning them into Fedal threads, discussing one's hair or the other one's nose have been extremely annoying and it turns off posters who otherwise want to contribute to the original subject matter. When posters want to give their two cents on a topic but they do not because they feel it is going to get lost in some meaningless (or misplaced) Fedal argument, it does not help anyone.

So, if you feel you have to say something regarding Fedal, feel free to post anything in this thread, within the forum rules , of course...BUT , if any thread turns into a Fedal, those comments will be moved here and the posters will be reminded to keep that tangent going in THIS thread.

Obviously, not everything will be worth moving. If someone makes a remark like " This reminds me of the time when Rafa played Roger in so and so event and he made the same shot...", it is all fine. It is relevant. But someone responds by saying " Yeah but Rafa had better hair in that tournament..." and so on and so forth and a Fedal tangent takes root, that conversation will be moved to this thread.

Keep it clean, have fun. And if someone says something regarding Fedal that has not been said before, I will buy him/her a steak dinner.

Cheers

I am of the firm belief that Fedal Matches, regardless of the outcome, are the best match ups for tennis fans throughout the world, sports analysts have a field day, attendance sets records, draws more tv viewers, and generates extensive numbers of hits on tennis blogs throughout the internet. I love Fedal Matches :basiate

And I like my steak medium rare please ;) Mahalo

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rafa wears Richard Mille watches, which are more expensive but less classic than Roger's Rolexes.

Do I get a steak dinner?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ I think Bounce It!! might deserve a steak. Good luck swerving the Fedal discussion to one thread, but I applaud the effort.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:

Cheers

What's wrong with Nadal's nose?

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I don't know, I always had the feeling that if Murray could fix that second serve and stop grabbing body parts, he could be way better than Djokovic.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
mrzz said:
I don't know, I always had the feeling that if Murray could fix that second serve and stop grabbing body parts, he could be way better than Djokovic.

This has to deserve points for thread-stealing against Fedal.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
mrzz said:

Of course it doesn't mean THIS thread gets hijacked by other issues but you get this one for free...;)

He was obviously testing your competency as a moderator (and perhaps forgot to put an
appropriate emoticon [as all of them are already taken by Fiero]).

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
GameSetAndMath said:
1972Murat said:
mrzz said:

Of course it doesn't mean THIS thread gets hijacked by other issues but you get this one for free...;)

He was obviously testing your competency as a moderator (and perhaps forgot to put an
appropriate emoticon [as all of them are already taken by Fiero]).

Test me you should not...sorry you will be ;)

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
[split] The Ultimate FEDAL thread

Front242 said:
Carol35 said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Every fan base here is extremely sensitive with the exception of some truly satisfied Federer fans who feel their man has done enough and his legacy is secured (which is fair) so they're not bothered by most things...unless you bring up the Nadal head to head ;)

There are not more sensitive fans than those aparent satisfied (they are not) Federer fans and not only when you brings up the Nadal H2H but thinking if he could reach those 17 numbers, they are begging for someone could stop him, but nobody can stop him, only the injuries

And Rosol, Darcis, Coric, Berdych, Berrer. That's only the recent losses. There were many more nobodies in other tournaments and I'll gladly list them if you want. :rolleyes:

You're right, Coric, Berdych, Berrer and Fognini beating Nadal had nothing to do with injuries even though some of those losses took place right before his appendicitis, and right after a return from yet another extended injury layoff.

But no you're right, it's completely normal for Berdych to bagel Nadal. Always happens. Nadal's level had nothing to do with it.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I was helping to balance the universe (something Murat like always he will). And emoticons are against my principles. I used one very little while ago in an answer to Moxie, because she deserved, and I am still feeling the waves on the force.

Anyway I'll win the steak.

lindseywagners

Futures Player
Reactions
With the Miami Masters about to kick off, and even though Rog is playing this year, thought I'd throw this out there. What a match it was:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzpoNmNZIXk[/video]

Also note the commentator at one point remarks how Federer, at the beginning of '05, said he wanted rivalries to develop. Well, his wish obviously came true over the next several years with him and Nadal battling it out, especially at the French and Wimbledon. And I know the "rivalry" hasn't been as good since, but I think sometimes the magic of that time is lost by what's happened recently. Those were some really special matches.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
mrzz said:
I was helping to balance the universe (something Murat like always he will). And emoticons are against my principles. I used one very little while ago in an answer to Moxie, because she deserved, and I am still feeling the waves on the force.

Anyway I'll win the steak.

Mrzz, I like the attitude. In fact, I would love for someone to find an angle in the Fedal debate that has not been beaten to death and discuss it here.