Simona Halep suspended for positive doping test taken at US Open

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
So maybe other players knew that she was doping.
This is sour grapes from JJ. If others knew she was on the juice, she would have been busted long ago. Besides, I find it extremely difficult to believe other players would know when her coaches didn't.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is sour grapes from JJ. If others knew she was on the juice, she would have been busted long ago. Besides, I find it extremely difficult to believe other players would know when her coaches didn't.
Maybe she was masking the drugs.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well Halep seems to have read Serena's tweet,and responded saying that she read the tweet .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From The Tennis Letter via Sport Romania)

Sorana Cirstea defends Simona Halep after Serena Williams post '8 is a better number'

"Serena as a player was extraordinarily good.As a person, she always had this arrogrance.She didn't accept when someone could beat her or took a title from her".

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
IMG_0819.jpeg

David Walsh, bane of drug cheats, had a say about this yesterday…

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
From The Tennis Letter via Sport Romania)

Sorana Cirstea defends Simona Halep after Serena Williams post '8 is a better number'

"Serena as a player was extraordinarily good.As a person, she always had this arrogrance.She didn't accept when someone could beat her or took a title from her".
Lol...Cirstea so she didn't read what Jankovic said which is even worse.She is one of the players that Serena used to talk about that celebrated when she lost.I think there is a strong suspicion about Djokovic,at his age running up and down like he is 18yrs old.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lol...Cirstea so she didn't read what Jankovic said which is even worse.She is one of the players that Serena used to talk about that celebrated when she lost.I think there is a strong suspicion about Djokovic,at his age running up and down like he is 18yrs old.,
To me Cirstea should have sent Halep a personal message of support, without making comments regarding Serena, belittling her success there has been enough speculation on social media, at present., regarding Halep and her ban for 4 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't completely understand his conclusion, at the end, that he can no longer "watch tennis with the innocence of old." Does that square with the rest of the article?
It’s kind of a jab, isn’t it? No pun intended. Walsh is one of those journalists who’s thrown shade at tennis before, so I’m not sure what’s changed for him..

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
To me Cirstea should have sent Halep a personal message of support, without making comments regarding Serena, belittling her success there has been enough speculation on social media, at present., regarding Halep and her ban for 4 years.
Remember the older former players from their country have said terrible racial things about Serena and her family,and Halep never said anything to stop it in other words she was co-signing the racial insults .Well..it's called karma deal with it.I remember one match that Serena played in Miami against Halep..a night match and her fans went overboard with their support and the umpire had to quiet them over and over again and it was becoming very scary to say the least.Halep deserved to be banned especially after winning Toronto,she had unbelievable endurance during the tourney, from struggling all season long to be an Energizer Bunny.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Is anybody really listening to Sorana? I know I'm not and I manage a tennis forum. Of course she will come to her countrywoman's defense. She need to stop whining about stuff she don't know about it and focus on winning some matches instead of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The girl is a notorious choker.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Lol...Cirstea so she didn't read what Jankovic said which is even worse.She is one of the players that Serena used to talk about that celebrated when she lost.I think there is a strong suspicion about Djokovic,at his age running up and down like he is 18yrs old.
How could there not be suspicion with his magic potion bottles, magnetic strips, nefarious toilet breaks w/ bag in tow and egg chambers. This dude wants to win by any means necessary.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Is anybody really listening to Sorana? I know I'm not and I manage a tennis forum. Of course she will come to her countrywoman's defense. She need to stop whining about stuff she don't know about it and focus on winning some matches instead of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The girl is a notorious choker.
Well she has come out again in Halep's defense on social media , quite frankly she needs to concentrate on her tennis, and as you have posted is a notorious choker.

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Simona Halep has officially appealed to the ultimate arbiter in her case, the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, Switzerland.According to the CAS release, Halep ask that the decision be set aside and that her sanction be reduced.
The arbitration proceedings have begun, with the parties exchanging written submissions.The panel of arbitrators that will decide the case is being constituted, per the CAS.
It said it cannot give a time frame for the issuance of the decision, which will be final and binding 'with the exception of the parties rights to file an appeal to the Swiss Federal Tribunal within 30 days on limited grounds".

Reactions: Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Simona Halep has officially appealed to the ultimate arbiter in her case, the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, Switzerland.According to the CAS release, Halep ask that the decision be set aside and that her sanction be reduced.
The arbitration proceedings have begun, with the parties exchanging written submissions.The panel of arbitrators that will decide the case is being constituted, per the CAS.
It said it cannot give a time frame for the issuance of the decision, which will be final and binding 'with the exception of the parties rights to file an appeal to the Swiss Federal Tribunal within 30 days on limited grounds".
Simona should but me on retainer. I was top of my chemistry class in highschool for 3 consecutive years and made straight A's in college chemistry which was a lot tougher.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The ITIA report that led to Halep's ban confirmed that physiotherapist Candice Gohier, who joined Halep's team in April 2022, was the person who recommended the collagen supplement.Now Patrick Mouratoglou has made a statement on the incident and admitted his team have taken responsibility for giving Halep collagen that was contaminated with a banned substance.
Patrick Mouratogolou in an Instagram post,

" I feel responsible for what happened because it's my team, so basically me,who brought her this collagen"
" It opened my eyes to the fact that any athlete can become contaminated tomorrow because apparently, this happens more and more"
"This is terrible because you are completely innocent, your reputation is impacted, hurt by the fact that you name has to do with doping even though you didnt do any doping".
"Your career is stopped for a period of time that is extremely long.It can affect your whole career, it affects your reputation for a very unfair reason because you have done nothing"
"So it opened my eyes that it can happen to anyone, and the companies that you decide to go with for supplements, you have to be sure at 100% that this cannot happen"
"She is a victim and she has to come back to the court and be able to compete as soon as possible".

Reactions: tented and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The ITIA report that led to Halep's ban confirmed that physiotherapist Candice Gohier, who joined Halep's team in April 2022, was the person who recommended the collagen supplement.Now Patrick Mouratoglou has made a statement on the incident and admitted his team have taken responsibility for giving Halep collagen that was contaminated with a banned substance.
Patrick Mouratogolou in an Instagram post,

" I feel responsible for what happened because it's my team, so basically me,who brought her this collagen"
" It opened my eyes to the fact that any athlete can become contaminated tomorrow because apparently, this happens more and more"
"This is terrible because you are completely innocent, your reputation is impacted, hurt by the fact that you name has to do with doping even though you didnt do any doping".
"Your career is stopped for a period of time that is extremely long.It can affect your whole career, it affects your reputation for a very unfair reason because you have done nothing"
"So it opened my eyes that it can happen to anyone, and the companies that you decide to go with for supplements, you have to be sure at 100% that this cannot happen"
"She is a victim and she has to come back to the court and be able to compete as soon as possible".
Eh, I don’t think so. She’s still responsible at every stage for what she consumes. This would be the defence of every drug cheat. It’s kind of like a cynical version of the Cough Drop defence posted by Cilic. I can believe Cilic, and I can believe that these things might accidentally happen. But the problem with what Patrick Mouthpiece is saying is that she’s victim, not a responsible adult at all. He’s in fact admits he’s at fault - “it’s basically me” - but don’t expect him to punish himself because he perceived it all to be an innocent mistake.

Well, according to him he’d perceive it that way. I don’t believe a word from that man’s mouth. He’s frivolous. This would be, from now on, the standard defence that every drug cheat makes. A minion made me do it. Sharapova from another angle used a similar defence that tried to deflect blame from her.

This statement should be treated with the scepticism and contempt it deserves…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Eh, I don’t think so. She’s still responsible at every stage for what she consumes. This would be the defence of every drug cheat. It’s kind of like a cynical version of the Cough Drop defence posted by Cilic. I can believe Cilic, and I can believe that these things might accidentally happen. But the problem with what Patrick Mouthpiece is saying is that she’s victim, not a responsible adult at all. He’s in fact admits he’s at fault - “it’s basically me” - but don’t expect him to punish himself because he perceived it all to be an innocent mistake.

Well, according to him he’d perceive it that way. I don’t believe a word from that man’s mouth. He’s frivolous. This would be, from now on, the standard defence that every drug cheat makes. A minion made me do it. Sharapova from another angle used a similar defence that tried to deflect blame from her.

This statement should be treated with the scepticism and contempt it deserves…
It is a typical comment from Patrick he is covering himself and his team saying it was an innocent mistake, still at the end of the day Halep is responsible for what she consumes. like any other player.