Rogers Cup 2023, Toronto, Canada - ATP Masters 1000

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The problem with Sinner right now is that he does not have ANY type of rhythm on his serves right now. Paul has let him off the hook in the past couple of games.

I am more surprised that low percentage of 1st serves is affecting Sinner right now. Usually, even if he was serving poorly, he would still play "well" on his other parts of his game.

But, I like said, he knows this is a golden opportunity for him so he is probably thinkin(g) about it too much.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I
The problem with Sinner right now is that he does not have ANY type of rhythm on his serves right now. Paul has let him off the hook in the past couple of games.

I am more surprised that low percentage of 1st serves is affecting Sinner right now. Usually, even if he was serving poorly, he would still play "well" on his other parts of his game.

But, I like said, he knows this is a golden opportunity for him so he is probably thinkin(g) about it too much.
I did tell you my concern was Sinner's serve? he does not have any rhythm on his serve, he might get away with it, in this match, has he has been left off the hook in the last couple of games, still he needs to address it going forward in his matches

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Stunning point won by Sinner. 46 shots!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken serving for the match ? I will repeat myself I said I was concerned about Janniks's serve? and I was right, even his 2nd serve has gone

Reactions: Moxie

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Like I said before, at this point for Sinner, he just needs to win matches. No style points, no impressing someone and etc...just need to win period!

I do hope he serves a little bit better tomorrow and he doesn't think too much about his serving performances so far. I do think he is think too much right now, but I somewhat do not blame him for feeling that way due to his biggest opportunity he will get so far in his young career.

I am hoping that if he does win tomorrow, it will relax him just a tad bit for future tournaments.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Like I said before, at this point for Sinner, he just needs to win matches. No style points, no impressing someone and etc...just need to win period!

I do hope he serves a little bit better tomorrow and he doesn't think too much about his serving performances so far. I do think he is think too much right now, but I somewhat do not blame him for feeling that way due to his biggest opportunity he will get so far in his young career.

I am hoping that if he does win tomorrow, it will relax him just a tad bit for future tournaments.
H2H is 4-0 in favor of Sinner. Sinner just needs to play his game.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The weather will help a little bit because it will be sunny and warmer so Sinner's shots will be heavier compared to the evening.

Like Nadal said, "Sun gives me energy"
I hope it brings him energy and luck. Not to put too fine a point on it, but this would be a great opportunity for Jannik to break through, and he knows it. Hopefully he got through some nerves today, and brings his best game tomorrow. In bocca al lupo, Jannik!