11. Gael Monfils
12. Alex de Minaur
13. Cristian Garin
14. Grigor Dimitrov
15. Aslan Karatsev
16. Jannik Sinner

toronto_tournimage.jpg

The Tournament:

The Canadian Open, also known as the Canada Masters, and currently branded as the National Bank Open, is an annual tennis tournament held in Canada. The second-oldest tournament in all of tennis (behind only Wimbledon), the men's competition is a Masters 1000 event on the ATP Tour, and the women's competition is a WTA 1000 tournament on the WTA Tour. The competition is played on outdoor hard courts.

Prior to 2011, they were held during separate weeks in the July–August period; now the two competitions are held during the same week in August. The events alternate from year to year between the cities of Montreal and Toronto. Since 2021 in even-numbered years the men's tournament is held in Montreal, while the women's tournament is held in Toronto, and vice versa in odd-numbered years. The Toronto tournament is held at the Aviva Centre and the Montreal tournament is held at the IGA Stadium.

About Toronto:

Toronto is the provincial capital of Ontario and the most populous city in Canada, with a population of 2,731,571 as of 2016. Current to 2016, the Toronto census metropolitan area (CMA), of which the majority is within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), held a population of 5,928,040, making it Canada's most populous CMA. The city is the anchor of the Golden Horseshoe, an urban agglomeration of 9,245,438 people (as of 2016) surrounding the western end of Lake Ontario. Toronto is an international centre of business, finance, arts, and culture, and is recognized as one of the most multicultural and cosmopolitan cities in the world.

Montage_of_Toronto_7.jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
As mentioned elsewhere, Rafa might have to start with Harris who just beat him in DC. In case, Rafa escapes (most probably he will), we might potentially play Nick next (assuming Nick can win two matches in a row before that).

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's potential route to the final

1st Rd Bye
2nd Rd Harris
3rd Rd Dimitrov
Q/F Schwartzman
S/F Tsitsipas
F Medvedev

Rafa has won 5 titles,if he can win in Toronto he will tie with Ivan Lendl with the most wins at this tournament with 6 titles

Reactions: Moxie

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If the foot doesn't bother him anymore I'm sure Rafa will play much better in Toronto, after almost two months not playing he needs to get more rhythm to arrive at the USO in much better conditions

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If the foot doesn't bother him anymore I'm sure Rafa will play much better in Toronto, after almost two months not playing he needs to get more rhythm to arrive at the USO in much better conditions
The foot injury happened in Rome tournament,the conditions of those courts were the worst I have seen,I have been to that tournament 5 times.,hopefully the foot can get better

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The foot injury happened in Rome tournament,the conditions of those courts were the worst I have seen,I have been to that tournament 5 times.,hopefully the foot can get better

Ok, Now we know why Rafa lost in RG. After all, he got injured in Rome just before RG. :lol6:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Trying to be on the right thread here. Nick K pulled his head out of his ass to come back from 0-40, after acting like he was about to fall apart. He's mad that he thinks that Opelka touched the net, or something.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fantastic ROS from Opelka...don't call him just a tall guy with a big serve.