Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wawrinka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
Nadal 18 winners, 9 unforced errors. The greatest continues.

Check the winners numbers from the Delpo loss in Shanghai.

N

NADAL2005RG

calitennis127 said:
NADAL2005RG said:
Nadal at the peak of his powers. Peaking at age 27 on hardcourts. Playing the angles brilliantly.

I really enjoyed witnessing that peak against Del Potro in Shanghai.

Impossible to maintain it every week of the year. Mental fatigue after the US Open is pretty common. Now Nadal looks refreshed, because he wisely skipped Basel. Plus the fact that the World Tour Finals are next week would bring a new enthusiasm to Nadal (nothing better than preparing for something you've never achieved before).

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
NADAL2005RG said:

What's the figures on the del Potro match in IW?

Why do always take one match out of turn and create a whole thesis around it? Rafa has eaten the meat and drunk the drink. He may not have the same appetite for the dessert, but give him credit. He went through the hards this year as if they were clay...

N

NADAL2005RG

calitennis127 said:
NADAL2005RG said:

I think Del Potro has overplayed. I hope Nadal and Del Potro are in the same group at World Tour Finals.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
calitennis127 said:
NADAL2005RG said:
Nadal at the peak of his powers. Peaking at age 27 on hardcourts. Playing the angles brilliantly.

I really enjoyed witnessing that peak against Del Potro in Shanghai.

Impossible to maintain it every week of the year. Mental fatigue after the US Open is pretty common. Now Nadal looks refreshed, because he wisely skipped Basel. Plus the fact that the World Tour Finals are next week would bring a new enthusiasm to Nadal (nothing better than preparing for something you've never achieved before).

Lol....Nadal was perfectly fine physically in Shanghai. He just got outplayed and schooled by Del Potro.

Delpo had played the week before in Tokyo, just as Nadal had in Beijing.

The fatigue excuse is silly.

topsport1

Reactions
Hey Everyone,

Brand new, looking forward to talking tennis, been following the sport closely for going on 40 years now (ouch, that hurts a bit)....was actually estimating how many hours in my life I've spent watching matches but gave up quickly. If someone wants to assure me this is a more sane place than TT that would be great. :) Recently joined MTF too and that looks shaky as well.

Thanks

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
calitennis127 said:
NADAL2005RG said:

Why do always take one match out of turn and create a whole thesis around it? Rafa has eaten the meat and drunk the drink. He may not have the same appetite for the dessert, but give him credit. He went through the hards this year as if they were clay...

If Nadal had gone through the hards as he had the clay, Federer wouldn't have been a set up on him in Cincinnati (not with the way Fed played on clay this year).

And Novak really blew it in Montreal and New York. Should have won both matches.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
calitennis127 said:
NADAL2005RG said:

And oh yeah - the Indian Wells match. Was that the one where Delpo was up 6-4, 3-1?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Welcome, topsport1!

Looking forward to reading more. Who you rooting for these days? Who have you liked over the 40 years?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
An oh yeah - the Indian Wells match. Was that the one where Delpo was up 6-4, 3-1?

No, it was the one where Rafa was down 4-6, 1-3 - and then began to play. Glad you remember his odd victory...

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
calitennis127 said:
An oh yeah - the Indian Wells match. Was that the one where Delpo was up 6-4, 3-1?

No, it was the one where Rafa was down 4-6, 1-3 - and then began to play. Glad you remember his odd victory...

I thought Nadal was up 3-0 and then Delpo began to play?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
topsport1 said:
Hey Everyone,

Brand new, looking forward to talking tennis, been following the sport closely for going on 40 years now (ouch, that hurts a bit)....was actually estimating how many hours in my life I've spent watching matches but gave up quickly. If someone wants to assure me this is a more sane place than TT that would be great. :) Recently joined MTF too and that looks shaky as well.

Thanks

Hello, topsport1! Welcome to the Tennis Frontier! :)

We are, of course, the most sophisticated, intelligent, and knowledgeable tennis site on the planet, so you've found the perfect place to talk tennis. ;)

I look forward to reading your posts.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Only just tuned in to this Berdych/Ferrer match and man Ferrer's grunting is absolutely ridiculous.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Only just tuned in to this Berdych/Ferrer match and man Ferrer's grunting is absolutely ridiculous.

Yup. Pretty annoying.

He's becoming the male Sharapova.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Front242 said:

Yup. Pretty annoying.

The most disgraceful thing is he grunts AFTER hitting the ball and not when he hits it. It's downright pathetic tbh and I wish umpires would call hindrance.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Denisovich said:
Front242 said:

Yup. Pretty annoying.

The most disgraceful thing is he grunts AFTER hitting the ball and not when he hits it. It's downright pathetic tbh and I wish umpires would call hindrance.

It's not as bad though as in that Wimbledon match against Dolgopolov. That was downright foul play. Grunting when the opponent was hitting.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Looks like we are going to see another roll-over exercise by Ferrer tomorrow.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Front242 said:
Denisovich said:
Front242 said:

Yup. Pretty annoying.

It's not as bad though as in that Wimbledon match against Dolgopolov. That was downright foul play. Grunting when the opponent was hitting.

Yeah, that was a particularly pathetic day alright. Definitely hindrance should be called and keep docking him points till he stfu.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Damn Ferret has no shame. Rafa will rollover his good friend tomorrow.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So I just looked into the extent to which Spanish players are more likely to lose to Nadal.

Nadal has a 72-8 record against Spanish players in the top 100. (4 of those wins are by Ferrer btw) Thats a 0,9 winning percentage. Nadal overall has a 0,837 winning percentage on tour (also against players outside the top 100).

Might be explained by the fact that they all eat dirt for breakfeast and Nadal happens to be unbeatable on that surface.